Negativity is bad for your brain. | INFJ Forum

Negativity is bad for your brain.

Ooh. I know a forum I need to show this to, with the title "Every time you log in, you become stupider." :m091:

This is a concept that I have come to realize is so true. Your mind instead of thinking logically automatically thinks negatively and usually very selfishly to defend yourself. I actually have a hard time being around very negative people for very long.

If you're going to use the word negative, you should really clarify what it is that you mean.

Logic often is negative.

If you're going to use the word negative, you should really clarify what it is that you mean.

Logic often is negative.

So what do you mean when you say logic is negative here then? I don't understand how logic can be negative. Or maybe we're thinking of logic differently.

The article is just a plug for a book. While being surrounded by negativity will obviously be bad for your mental health, I wouldn't take the article too seriously.

Logic often is negative.

I would also like to know what you mean by this.

There are many ways to use the word negative. Most often, people are either referring to value negative or logical negative. Sometimes the two are conflated, which is bad.

Saying 'negative' instead of 'bad' just adds ambiguity. Sometimes in logic you negate things.

Yeah, I get where Meer goes.
Sometimes there are people abusing this (very true) message to switch logic or rationality with "CAN DO! CAN DO! WOOOOO" spirit. A meta sort of brainwash-- if you hadn't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. But what if one indeed, sees something bad with the way things go?

Oh, I -am- one of those complainers-without-a-solution, and I know my toxicity pretty well. So bias ahead.
As a perspective, I admit most often my brain simply gives a solution as 'stop', 'run', 'don't do that'. Which I myself know, is unhealthy nor beneficial for either me, the other party, or the situation itself. But on the other side of the coin is, if I -see- something wrong, shouldn't I say it?
I admit it's been quite a conundrum; I don't know a 'working' solution (alternatively, my solution is being seen as 'irrational' / 'noneffective' and thus, dismissed), but letting those go doesn't seem to be productive or healthy either.
And it's true-- tell those complainers (a.k.a me), and it starts damaging me instead; the feeling was 'oh, so you don't value my opinions. Fine?' Then I complained about them.

Pretty annoying, isn't it?

Placebo

Works for more than just sugar tablets from your doctor