rawr

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 17, 2010
Earth
MBTI
IxTP
Enneagram
human
seems like I'm always reading positive things. come on, what are some negative things about INFJs?
(and don't say there aren't any :))

Maybe extreme sensitivity, prone to depression etc

I really prefer focusing on positives, as I feel it is to the individual to know what they need to work on and I am also really careful on not hurting other sensitivities. I guess T's are better in that sense.

I have to admit, that whenever there's threads regarding what do you like on this "specific type", they have the power to hurt me, I guess its an aspect of my personality I need to work on.

Reactions: rawr
They don't pick up the phone or return calls/emails as often as I'd like.

+1

Other negative aspects of the INFJ (as quoted from sonionics).

You over-analyse everything that concerns you or your surroundings. The results of this are often not so satisfying, leaving you feeling depressed and pessimistic, especially if this envelops unethical behaviour in others. Your sense of compassion is often stronger than your sense of justice. You often lack resolution, initiative and the ability to firmly make your point. You are afraid to appear interfering and your modesty could be over the top. You often hesitate to react to provocation, preferring to bottle your feelings inside. You are often squeamish and punctilious. You pay too much attention to details and quality in your work.

Get me on a day when I'm feeling really down on myself and I could write you a book on the topic.
However, I agree with [MENTION=1768]Raccoon Love[/MENTION] I'd prefer to just focus on the positives.
I think all INFJs are pretty aware of our own negative sides as we can be pretty hard on ourselves.

Last edited:
Socionics and MBTI are not the same. A Socionics INFj is closer to an INFP than an INFJ, although not identical to either.

Socionics and MBTI are not the same. A Socionics INFj is closer to an INFP than an INFJ, although not identical to either.

I did think that when I was reading it to be honest. I thought it was similar to some aspects of the dark side of the INTP.

INFP makes sense.

:( I don't really need help finding negatives, I was pretty glad that I was given positives on here. Finding negatives in ourselves is what we're good at.

bleh... //puts forums away for a bit.

over-thinking/analyzing
paranoid thoughts
needy / moody at times
colder then they appear
martyrs / self sacrificers / self saboteurs
shitty self esteem usually countered with arrogance to look more confident.

Speaking for myself here, if you insult my values too often I have a breaking point when I can flip and get really mad at you. And I hold grudges.

Of course you could go all Zen and say that all negatives are just unrealized positives...
To be honest, I haven't seen much negative behavior from people around here. Of course being totally immersed in Feelings isn't healthy, so I have seen some Wallowing...

Hahaha. So sorry.

I am the master at avoiding phone calls and texts. For no real reason I just avoid phone calls and texts. Now e-mails I generally respond to as I'm sitting at work bored to death.

Sadly, true.

If it makes you feel better though, I almost always will return a call as long as you leave a message! And give me some time to return, assuming it's not something that will cause conflict (I.e. returning a call to a mother who asks "What have you been up to lately?" and whom you have bad relations with).