Two
Sep 5, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
what
Hi guys

First post! :D

I was searching for some info on the different types. Recently paid attention to what type I was. Did the online tests and some others I found online too. Turn out INFJ. Yay?

Description seems good (youtube, internet), although I'm not sure if I am biased. I might have been filling the questions in a way so that I turn out INFJ.

I was "seeing" the INFJ type through the questions. LOL. I think I'm really INFJ though. Anyways. Here's some of my own stuff, care to help me in my self-discovery?

----

• How I process infomation:
    I listen/read new information.
    Find the general idea that dwells within the information.
    Evaluate it according to my own framework and understanding.
    Remodel my framework if the idea feels right and acceptable to my values.
    But if the idea feels wrong, it is disregarded after some consideration, always referring it to my own values and framework.
    Redefine my own self and my responsibilities if the new information is "deep" enough.
  • Not attracted to the superficial. Never was able to "sell" myself through senseless social norms. Never was attracted to mind-altering substances, large amounts of money or fame.
  • Cannot lie and cannot play a role.
  • Cannot fake my emotions. Don't have too much difficulty being honest with others about my own feelings of things. Usually do not speak of "deep" issues with strangers unless they bring up the topic.
  • Value honesty and authenticity. Can see through the "fake" of some people. I can detect their nature although I have VERY bad sense of "physical" observation. What I mean by this is that I cannot put my eyes to focus on things like clothes or accessories. I can sit with someone for hours and not recall what they were wearing.
  • Hate mind-games. Prefer honesty and sensitivity.
  • Very sensitive to emotions. Body parts hurt deeply when sad. I feel I can even amplify the emotional pain. Part of it is weirdly...enjoyable. Absolutely do not believe in self-harm though.
  • Family members say I get easily nervous. People at work are amazed at my ability to be patient. Never been in an argument with people at work or my small circle of friends, except one guy in particular because he's inconsiderate. In "home" settings, don't have any difficulty shouting and being loud, sometimes even mean to family members, although my relationship with all of them is pretty good actually.
  • Feel guilt easily, sometimes just because of a thought or a feeling I had.
  • Have not more than 10 friends.
  • Sometimes harsh on my partner about stupid things in our relationship. Very hard on my own self, always want to be perfect towards her though.
  • People say I am hard-headed, although I always feel that I am open to whatever they have to say and understand them perfectly (I think). Don't like to think I'm hard-headed, since I'm very sensitive to their needs and always listening to what they say.
  • Good listener. But I sometimes bother people by not letting them finish speaking their whole idea...I quickly understand what they're saying and respond when I get it. Maybe this is part of why I'm hard-headed. For me to change my opinion, the stuff that is being said has to be absorbed into my connections and make sense in the global scheme of things, otherwise I nod to your opinion but I don't accept it.
  • Can decipher a problem quite easily. Example: Bunch of people arguing and telling their opinions, I can see how they are saying the same thing and they cannot see that themselves. Can reformulate what each other is saying in a way I think they can more clearly understand what is being said.
  • Talk calmly in public settings. Never agitated unless under stress or something. Don't like the spotlight. Self-conscious.
  • I think people, in social settings, believe I have low self-esteem. I think because of my tendency to avoid eye contact due to the need to look at "space" to formulate my ideas and what I need to say. When listening to someone, 100% eye contact. Also because of my "low-energy" voice. Have learned to overlook the "silent" criticism of some, since I know deep down they aren't as tough they want to appear. I can see how some are mocking in their ways and need to abuse someone to feel good about themselves. My form of retaliation is to be even more gentle with the vain ones and continue to be me. They think I'm oblivious to what I know and feel about them. In parallel, feel no stress talking in front of a class. Actually other than preparing the material to present, I don't even practice it...I feel confident, and physically feel no stress, but have been told to be more sure of my own self. So I think the soft voice and the "introspection" I do when explaining things make them feel this.
  • Was made fun of, (but not physically or that intensely bullied) during almost my whole school time. Responded as if the mockery was a purely a joke, so I laughed with them. It didn't go further than this. It did get on my nerves sometimes and it showed since I couldn't hide what I felt at that age. I realize now that it must have pushed me more into introversion and feeling inadequate sometimes. "You say, perhaps, you have broken your chains: the dog who after long efforts has broken his chain, still in his flight drags a heavy portion of it after him."
  • Misunderstood and sometimes unnecessarily pushed by family members to behave extrovertly. They don't know this is unnatural to some people. Can't really blame them.
  • Deeply intense. I adore metaphors that show "universal" truth or deep meaning. Wisdom is not absolute rational reflection, imo.
  • Spiritual. Love the "strength through patience" type of thoughts. Role models: mystics, prophets.
  • Like to read about everything. Some topics I go deep in, others not too much.
  • Can't work in jobs like customer service. Hate and cannot fake my enthusiasm to talk with the clients. Hate being told what to say and follow a script. Cannot play through bulls___. Let me talk to the client in my own way LOL. Hate jobs where I can't ask questions and get rational answers. They disliked that I asked "why". Can't understand how people manage to work without understanding the logic behind what they do.
  • Very easy going with my circle of friends, although prefer familiar places and activities.
  • Some say I'm too serious, although I'm always joking :\ My jokes and humour makes everyone laugh. Interestingly have high standards of what something is considered funny. The more deep or unusual the joke, the funnier. Borderline insane. The joke has to be so funny that, if pushed a little more, is not funny at all. It's an art I try to master. I love puns. Serious enough to say I’m not that serious most of the time. Seriously.
  • Can sense the mood of the environments I'm in. I feel liberated in calm places and casual settings. I feel constricted in loud shopping centers and parties.
  • Dislike loud and "festive" or "wild" settings.
  • Always thought I disregarded feelings and thought them to be irrational. I recently realized when I explain my opinion I say "I feel that..." or ask the question "don't you feel that...". I constantly refer to my feelings. Your learn things every day.
  • Like rain, autumn, winter. Like the very beginning of spring. Don't find sunny days very energising like most people. As a kid, I would love to do exams during a rainy day. I also love going to school at very early in the morning, sit in the class alone, an hour before it begins.
  • Look at all the bullet points in my post : somewhat organized.
  • Don't like sitting in the center, prefer the back or sides.
  • Always on time, never missed a deadline.
  • Attracted to some kind of sadness. Consider it more alive, beautiful and genuine.
  • Love science, although critical about some things in today's world.
  • Hate the way politics is done today. Follow world events and see behind the lies.
  • Love philosophy; the general ideas, not the specifics.
  • I love reading "deep" quotes.
  • Idealist, but I see a very dark future.
  • Romantic.
  • Love animals.
  • Dream job: Teacher. Motivation: Hate most teachers. They don't get it. LOL
  • Favorite Game: Max Payne (for the sad and messed up story/character and dialogue)
  • Some quotes I like :
    The man who boasts about his knowledge has shown the world his emptiness.
    The lion is most handsome when looking for food.
    After the game, the King and the pawn go back in the same box.
    If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.
    Trickery and treachery are the practices of fools that have not the wits enough to be honest.
    Calm water permits reflection, while its agitation spoils contemplation.
    Be yourself beautiful, and you will find the world full of beauty.
  • A little poem I like:
    My heart is so small
    Its almost invisible
    How can you place
    such big sorrows in it?
    "Look,"He answered,
    "Your eyes are even smaller,
    yet they behold the world."
  • A song I'm addicted to these days (the songs I like the most are like this one, intense and kinda sad mood, emotional):

[video=youtube;Puk1ze_AHPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puk1ze_AHPk[/video]

What do you think? Do I have the traits of an INFJ? Would love to know about you.

Thanks!

Yeah... I think you are one, you seem like it to me but I've never knowingly met an INFJ IRL. here's some basic advice I am just making up off the top of my head: Mellow out your judgements if you need to, but don't be afraid to use it to help others. Practice your thinking but not to the point that it makes you upset or more drained than you need to be. Experience your Se......feels good man. also this http://www.mensxp.com/work-life/wor...le-will-tell-you-on-pursuing-your-dreams.html

Good choice... I like this!

[video=youtube;AA14yV3daGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA14yV3daGY[/video]

here are some more for ya, welcome to the forum :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ijVnXIWBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNoMwA5ZrKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnMlyRG0_iY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U52sP25ynE

I think you are more emo than INFJ. :lol:
But seriously, gender may make a difference. I know precious little how INFJ traits manifest in guys. Just learning that here. I'd be more confident in giving my opinion if you were a girl rather than a guy.

Typically, INFJs love talking to people, helping them as a customer service rep would, so not sure about yr disconnect there.
As an card-carrying introvert, my LAST job choice would be a teacher. Couldnt imagine standing at the front of the room with all eyes on me. :fear:

But surest test I know is: do you cry easily and/or NEED to cry when experiencing intense emotions?

You could be an INFJ, but there is a much better way of knowing whether you are one of us.
Instead of looking into the "horoscope" pages that describe INFJ's try to learn your cognitive functions. This way you can know for sure if you are an INFJ or not. Typically the Counselors have Dominant Introverted Intuition, Auxiliary Extroverted Feeling, Tertiary Introverted Thinking and Inferior Extraverted Sensing.

PP: I am tired of people wondering about their MBTI and telling them to seek their cognitive functions.

Yeah... I think you are one, you seem like it to me but I've never knowingly met an INFJ IRL. here's some basic advice I am just making up off the top of my head: Mellow out your judgements if you need to, but don't be afraid to use it to help others. Practice your thinking but not to the point that it makes you upset or more drained than you need to be. Experience your Se......feels good man. also this http://www.mensxp.com/work-life/wor...le-will-tell-you-on-pursuing-your-dreams.html

Thanks dude, man, bro.

I think you are more emo than INFJ. :lol:
But seriously, gender may make a difference. I know precious little how INFJ traits manifest in guys. Just learning that here. I'd be more confident in giving my opinion if you were a girl rather than a guy.

Typically, INFJs love talking to people, helping them as a customer service rep would, so not sure about yr disconnect there.
As an card-carrying introvert, my LAST job choice would be a teacher. Couldnt imagine standing at the front of the room with all eyes on me. :fear:

But surest test I know is: do you cry easily and/or NEED to cry when experiencing intense emotions?

Hehe, noooo not emo. Seriously lol, nothing emo, not the clothes, not the hair, not even the music.

I do love to talk to people. Alot. What I hate in customer service is the mask I have to stand behind in order to respect the "fake" way of talking to people. Like I said, I can't fake my enthusiasm, and it takes alot to be able to smile just so the boss is content.

I used to cry when young when I was hurt. I think it was more of a need. Rarely nowadays, although the pain does travel in the body quite intensely when I'm upset.

About the teacher thing, not that self-conscious when I'm explaining things I know. Actually, I'm just drowning into the topic and can't do anything else than think and speak lol. Can't even remember to look at the time. But when I'm silent and nothing to really do in public I am self-conscious.

You could be an INFJ, but there is a much better way of knowing whether you are one of us.
Instead of looking into the "horoscope" pages that describe INFJ's try to learn your cognitive functions. This way you can know for sure if you are an INFJ or not. Typically the Counselors have Dominant Introverted Intuition, Auxiliary Extroverted Feeling, Tertiary Introverted Thinking and Inferior Extraverted Sensing.

PP: I am tired of people wondering about their MBTI and telling them to seek their cognitive functions.

I watched and read about those. Just wanted see if some INFJs can spot similarities.

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah when I got really sad all of a sudden I would get a feeling of being on a rollercoaster my penis would get very small, so small that it became backwards! (Not real, imaginary feeling lol) IDGAF. Anyways there was that and also this huge feeling of emptiness......like the innerworld suddenly got vacuumed away. It feels like nausea (Jean Paul Sartre). To take away this dysphoric feeling I'd like dissociate or something and go into a fantasy land. But I don't think fantasy-prone personalities are negative, but I'll want people holding my hand when I'm old to cross the street, lest I daydream straight into a car!

Hey, could you direct me to a useful place to read about the cognitive functions? I'm pretty new to this and I'm intrigued, especially about the impacts that childhood abuse and other experiences can have on the cognitive functiions over time. Do you know anything about that? I am curious as to whether the personality trait is set in stone, or, if like most things, aspects of it can be affected by external events.

Reactions: Majesty
MBTI Types are dildos. They're a very general description of what a person is. Only took me about a few months to realize this.

The only thing I would say to pay attention to is if you're a introvert or an extrovert.

Everything is dildos around here :D