Need Laptop Help

894tt3h9

On Holiday
Oct 3, 2009
MBTI
Beep Boop
Enneagram
Beep Boop
Can anyone tell me why my laptop keeps randomly shutting down on me? It just turns completely off with no warning, as if someone had pulled the battery out of it. I guess I don't mind because it starts up again really quickly, but I'd like to put a stop to it, thank you very much!

I have an HP G61, if that helps. It was free, so I can't complain but you'd think these things would stay on!

Can anyone tell me why my laptop keeps randomly shutting down on me? It just turns completely off with no warning, as if someone had pulled the battery out of it. I guess I don't mind because it starts up again really quickly, but I'd like to put a stop to it, thank you very much!

I have an HP G61, if that helps. It was free, so I can't complain but you'd think these things would stay on!

is it hot on the botton? usually, if there is a problem with overheating, the computer will auto shut off to protect the CPU. so how does it feel?

also, how is battery life? have you checked the power cord to see if it is damaged?

Damaged battery core, or possibly a problem with your RAM or Processor.

Well I have it on my bare legs and it's not too hot. When it starts heating up a lot I will usually leave it be to cool down a bit. My battery life is a few hours. I usually let it almost completely drain (down to 5% power) before I will plug it in. I have only been having this problem recently. Today it has turned off on my about 6 times. It seems to happen when I move it around a lot. I thought maybe my battery was loose but it seems to be secured properly...

bad power supply?
i saw same symptoms when my power supply went to crap

I have a 1 year warranty on this so I will return it if I have to and get a new one. I just don't want to go through the hassle. Better start saving for that 27" iMac.

I have a 1 year warranty on this so I will return it if I have to and get a new one. I just don't want to go through the hassle. Better start saving for that 27" iMac.

dropped it or bumped it recently? that would suck if it was a heat sink issue, like pierce said, the power supply's a bit easier to fix.

gotta get a new one
it's not going to magically fix itself

Those new Imacs are sweet... I was gonna get one actually but went with the new macbook pro instead because I need to be mobile with my computer, but damn that display was so orgasmic!

Oh yeah, the iMac is INCREDIBLE. I get discounts through work, which is extra appealing. But since this laptop was free I am not going to complain a lot. Will just have to save for a quality machine.