Need career advise pleeeeez | INFJ Forum

Need career advise pleeeeez

I probably wouldn't ask for that much of a raise right now, because of the poor economy and because you just got a really good one. I wouldn't want to seem ungrateful for that, but thats just my thoughts and I'm not sure its the right way to approach it.

Is your employer paying for the autoCAD class? If not you might be able to get additional money for any drawing you do. I don't know the exact amount, but clients will be billed way more than $18 an hour for work done in autocad for them. Maybe you can explain your need for more income and offer to do the drawings for an additional fee per hour.

Honestly, I would wait til perhaps they do a quarterly review(if they do such). I think the reason they gave you the $6 raise was due to you surpassing their expectations perhaps, but that's a very generous wage. Now, I'm over in Va so I don't know if $18 an hour is crap, but that is a gravy train over here. If anything, I'd ask for $2 tops. Did they say why they gave you the $6 raise? They might have given you the $6 because of all the duties you have listed. (And three months a is short time frame).

And I honestly wouldn't say greedy, but ill-timed. Wait as long as you can, until the economy starts to pick up, or maybe once they score a huge deal you helped them get, etc.

Source: I work at a corporate type office, and office politics can be a bitch.