Near Death Experiences | INFJ Forum

Near Death Experiences

Feb 22, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
So I've been reading a lot about near death experiences lately and find them quite fascinating. Has anyone had one they'd like to share? And what are your opinions on the cause of them? For example, literal separation of consciousness from body, drugs, effects of the dying brain, etc.

So you mean specifically near death experiences where the person was physically damaged and near death in that sense?

I haven't had any personal experience with it but my understanding is that your brain trips out and you hallucinate right before you die, which is why people think they've been out of their bodies. It's like the final acid flashback for people who lived through the 60s.

[MENTION=834]Dragon[/MENTION]
Well, there are out of body experiences where the person is not necessarily near death... but the near death experiences, particularly when a person is clinically brain dead for a certain period of time, are really fascinating.

And bickelz, I think a lot of the claimed cases probably are hallucinations, but some are really convincing because people meet others that they had no clue were dead and obtain info. they didn't have before. Also, many see and hear things that researchers say they could not possibly have seen or heard if they were brain dead. I remember reading about one where a women was taken from her body and saw a shoe at the top of a building which no one could have seen from below. And people later confirmed that there was an actual shoe where she'd said there was.

Some of the cases are just really persuasive evidence of the afterlife, in may opinion. The views of researchers seem pretty divided, though.

I had a strange experience that might fall into this category. Someone I was very close to died. I did not know the day that they died. One day I was taking a nap in the afternoon. I white ball of light flew into the room where I was. The light hovered above me. I felt it's presence and called out the name of the deceased person. Then the light flew through the wall and I never saw it again.

Last edited:
Wow Sadie, that's interesting stuff! My dad had a similar experience when my great-uncle died- he was walking up the stairs, and felt as though he was passing through a haze of smoke. It smelt that way. Uncle Willie had just died, of smoking related diseases.

I've read up a lot about NDEs lately. I am prone to belief over cynicism. But I do think that some instances are very difficult to question! For example a patient relating back things that have happened inside and outside of the room. (Colours and other visual feedback, not just auditory) when they were actually unconscious, etc. In one that I read, a young boy came back to life, and told his parents he had been sent back by his sister whom he saw in heaven. They both said that couldn't be, that his sister was safe at college.They found out the next day that she had died in a fatal accident the day before.

I think they are great! They nearly always speak of similar experiences in heaven, often of Jesus, and mainly of livinv in love. As I consider this to be our calling, clearly I am biased towards them!

I had a near death experience. It was like going to sleep. And yes, there was a white light, but I didn't exactly go into it, it just kind of enveloped me. I felt a peace I had never felt before. I didn't want to come back. I heard all of the people in the room talking as I was leaving my body, I felt my heart stop beating and then I heard a voice that said, "it's not your time". Then I gasped for air, opened my eyes and was back in the room. It all happened in just a brief minute or so.

Last edited: