Saru Inc

Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Hey guys! I wanted to thank you guys for viewing perhaps the last thread I will ever make based on this subject! This road has been tough (dear lord, it sounds like I’m writing a college graduation ceremony) as I’ve been wandering into many different types. Part of the issues I was running into, was I didn’t want to see the bad, but only the good. When I first tested two years or so ago, I was deemed an ISFP. This made sense to me, at the time, I loved “attempting” to do ISFP type things, I was very sensitive to what people said, and was scared to think of the future, and only lived in the present. Last April, I took the test again, and I received ISFJ. This didn’t make sense at all to me, so I texted my friend Lauren (SOTL) and asked her to take it. She got INFJ. I read that review, and parts of it made so much more since to me, (the NJ essentially) and so I pretended to take the test again, to get INFJ. When in reality, I never actually got INFJ. I went along my merry way, always perturbed by the fact that the description didn’t really fit me, and I figured I just wasn’t living up to my true INFJ potential. When I got around to taking the test again for some odd reason, I knew what the test was looking for, so I answered what the test wanted, and got INFJ again and again and again. But I felt like shit for effectively lying to everyone that I was an INFJ, the truth was I had low ass self esteem at that point, and the idea of being an INFJ was so appealing to me, I made it the reality that it never was.

Then a few months later, I decided to ask you guys what you thought. A couple of you named my as an ESFJ (trolling? :p ) but the vast majority of you said XNFP, saying that I was too wishy-washy, and too Fi powered to be an INFJ. I read into the INFP type, and again at first it didn’t fit me. I don’t understand people who get offended by everything everyone says (no offence to INFPs, and yes I realize that was a generalization.), nor do I see the point in win-win situations, people win, people lose. Fact of life. However, just as the INFJ dream made me a moralistic crusader who cared about people, so did the INFP dream make me an introspective person who was an excellent writer. Why the writer? Well at the time I was trying to write my autobiography, and hitting stumbling blocks, I couldn’t figure out how I wanted to do. I invented some pretty neat logic (faulty as hell though) stating why I was an INFP. That way, I figured, since I was an INFP I would have to be a great writer. Maybe I could get the ball rolling. I also really caught on with INFPs, on the remark I read on one description “They are familiar with the dark side of life, always glancing over their shoulder at the hell that awaits, should they fail their feelings.” That’s why I felt much of the time I was under *extreme stress.* Now, I never really was guilted into changing, but instead when the TYPE ME sub forum was put up, I figured “hell, why not?” Arby I believe suggested Extroversion, and at first I said “oh no, wat? EWW!” But I thought about it, and went over and read the ENFP description. Once again, it didn’t really fit me, but I determined since Arby and others are more knowledgeable about the subject than I, perhaps I really was an E. So I read it again and again, and forced it to fit me. I am really not ne, but more so I am simply fascinated by Ne, and so I wish to be encompassed by Ne, as to complete my MBTI arsenal. But what never clicked whatsoever with the ENFP was A) their rampant money failures (be responsible… please?), B) Not trustworthy (c’mon guys, you make a fucking promise. STICK TO IT. Or don’t make it. Don’t waste my time.), and C) Feely. (My ENFP sister is always saying “Sam, that hurts my feelings. Don’t be so cold!” DERP. YOU ASKED ME WHAT I THOUGHT. Herp.) So I decided to put myself on hiatus for the MBTI at the time, while I pondered it.

The next phase, the ESTP phase was hardly a phase, as I was honestly never that serious about it. The INFJ and ENFP phases were the only ones where I really stuck with it. Now the ESTP I read into it, after glancing a topic name “The Doers” and that I honestly really clicked with. I can’t stand it when everyone is immobilized saying “but I don’t know what to do without hurting someone’s feelings :(“ or such. C’mon, feelings can be mended with some chicken noodle soup for the soul and a Pomeranian shaped Snuggie. I really got with the cold, practical side of the ESTP. It was quite a diversion from the past NF dominated types, and I really did bond with it more. The reason why I say I wasn’t quite serious, was due to the fact that I was still very aware I would be completely wrong about it. I also really love sports, (hate basketball though. Don’t. Even. Start. Can’t stand it.) and my mom always said I was a natural athlete. Not really though, as my hand eye coordination is, well, less than ballin’. But what brought me away from the ESTP, was the fact that they refused to (with exceptions of course) think ahead, and have deep conversations. So I grudgingly crossed that out of my book. And trekked on desperate, friggin desperate to have closure about this subject. When a board member (I honestly don’t remember who – post “that was me!” and I’ll edit this with your name) said “its funny that each test you take confirms you as the type you think you are at the time.” This struck true with me, because I know what the tests are looking for, and so it really isn’t hard to find the exact percentage of what type I am looking for. Even if it was completely unintentional.

So at this point, I simply did what people were suggesting from the beginning (but I hate being told what to do, and thus ignored them, foolishly albeit.) and looked over all the N types (Fuck Sensors. [[I don’t mean that in a bad way! I am just so…. NOT that. Lol sorry]]). And INTPs were way too… INFP-esque for me. I did glance over ENTP for a bit, but it didn’t really fit me in that they were too.. unstructured. I looked at INTJ, very quickly, and it actually caught my eye. Something about XNTJs… I’ve always been attracted to the aura of INTJS, and afraid of ENTJs. (TLM IS OUT TO GET ME PEOPLE – NOW YOU KNOW!!!!) I really liked INTJs, but the strangest thing was, and though I never tested as one officially, I clicked with not just the good, BUT THE BAD. It was the first type that when I looked at it I said “ok, when I am under stress, I AM like that.” Etc. And I was thinking about telling you guys, I researched it to the max, and INTJs while were not quite me, were the closest I had ever been to my true type. The main things I never got was the book fetish, and the inability to make human contact with the other homo sapiens naturally. And right before I went over to make my topic I saw a thread on google simply stating this: “Would intjs be ok if we were the only people on the planet?” And literally every damn person on the thread said “Yes. Why? Got plans ?” GODDAMN IT! This was not me. Fuck. I need people on the planet, though I get drained quickly, and typically find them obnoxious and in my way, I NEED them. I could not imagine a world without people, it would be truly nightmarish. So… With much hesitation, I googled “ENTJ…” and clicked on the first link.

Super galactic intellectual cluster fucking face palm moment was the only reaction I could compose myself to emit into the atmosphere as I read it. It IS ME. Down to the point. I never imagined to look over ENTJs, because, frankly, the only other ENTJs I have ever met in my life were extremely rude, and unnecessarily controlling. (under developed F tbh) so I essentially vowed to NEVER be that. But as I was reading it, every sentence was ringing true, after true, after true. No “well.. maybe, if I use my imagination.” No “well, no, but the rest makes sense so I’ll disregard this bit” Every sentence brought more truth to my eyes, and all the parts I didn’t agree I said “Sam, look at it AGAIN.” And I did… And would sigh” Ugh, yes. That’s me. I make hasty decisions (infp anyone?), and hate being told what to do (derp), and can be very overbearing and abrasive.” I don’t mean to be abrasive mind you guys, in fact, I would love it if everyone in the world loved me. But frankly? If you don’t love me that doesn’t affect me in that I would go out of my way for love. I strive for efficiency in any way I possibly can, and my Ti is pretty damn inferior (unfortunately, I think its why I don’t do as well as I could in school.). When I used to (and randomly still ) play this nerd fest MMORPG Runescape, there were two things everyone remarked about me. (And I saw in myself): My need for efficiency, I would do everything I could at the bank getting every possible thing I could get, foreseeing any problems I might run into, and then I would leave. Just so I wouldn’t have to come back. (Ironically I usually ended up forgetting something stupid like a spade/shovel.) I also was greatly attracted to Runescape for the vast community it brought, so much to learn about it; as my parents put me in a cramped and stinky Presbyterian World View Box, I used Runescape as my Extroverted way to meet people and feed my need for people. So much so, I became addicted to only meeting people online, and refused to meet IRL. Thus, leading me to believe I was an introvert. I have always been a very decision oriented person, no matter what the situation is; which drives my ENFP sister crazy. “Sam, wanna go driving?” “sure, where?” “I don’t know, just driving.” “No. That’s stupid.” I also crave my music on repeat, but I doubt that’s a J quality. I thought I was a P, honestly (I am embarrassed to say this) because I fucking hate alarm clocks. And I incorrectly insinuated alarm clocks as the controlling bastards that schedules are, and since I hated being controlled, I assumed I was an ENFP (hate being controlled, like it ain’t even possible.)… But really? I just hate that DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG of alarm clocks at 5:45 am. And I am aware that you can’t dissect an ENTJ strictly by I am E, N, T and J, so I must be ENTJ. Its more complicated than that, and I don’t mean to say that I am trying to do that.

By function: (mind you, these are going to be basic descriptions of them, as I am still new to the entire idea of taking cognitive functions into my thought process. I still don’t fully understand them, and so I will explain them, as I currently (and perhaps incorrectly) understand them.)

Te- The efficiency king. When I was a kid, I used to wake up way before anyone else, to make sure everything went smoothly on our road trips, I wouldn’t necessarily make lists for grocery shopping, but I would tell my mom “go down aisle 3, then the deli and then cut across aisle 16 to get to the vegetables. It’s the fastest.” My mom the entp would just go to like… aisle 89c where they sell Scandinavian dog food flavored peanut butter for infant babies. Drove me beyond crazy. But why I thought I was Ti for a bit, is if it’s a completely fun activity, I have learned to sit back and understand “ok, it doesn’t HAVE to be efficient. It can just be fun.” But I still cringe. When I applied for the Senior Receptionist position at my job, the main thing I promoted about myself, was my skill at making this efficient. Which is quite true, I am very good at it. However, I can meddle too much, and say perhaps say “well look, delete that 6 lines of pure semi colons in the code of the internet, just put one instead.” Meanwhile, the entire global internet crashes. ^^; loll. It’s true though. As I also already explained in Runescape, I’ve always seen efficiency as the best way to go… I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to be efficient. Like, if you are an artist I certainly understand that you can’t rush that process, but when you’re driving? FOR REAL? Coming to a complete stop before making a right turn on a YIELD SIGN AT 1AM? Stopping and accelerating nonstop? Fool.”But yes… One thing that always got me in trouble, was my abruptness with cats and their pity parties. Whenever I see someone wallowing in some unnecessary pseudo woe is the world bull shit, I call them out. Not to be mean mind you you guys. I am trying to help, I honest to God am. But the way that I help is by saying one of two things: 1) that is valid, do what you need to do. But hurry. 2) That’s bullshit and you, me, and the bull that shit it all know it. Quick moping and get up, there is stuff to do. Derp. (Anyone remember the Matariki thread? I was honestly trying to help her, as I do like her as a person… But I really got this notion that she was just moping, for no reason. If she wanted to help herself, she needed to do something about it.) But also regarding that thread, I apologized because I really did come off way harsher than I meant to… Just found it relevant to the Te crap.

Ni- OH! I GET IT! Ok, not really. I don’t trust my Ni worth shit, (which is why I latched onto estp for a tad bit.) but I still use it plenty. And almost every time I don’t trust it, and choose to go through my logic channels, I regret not trusting my Ni. It’s honestly not wrong that often. But yes, I get Ni moments quite often. (They were described as the topic making no sense, than you read one tadbit, and it all makes sense. Correct? If so, this is definitely me. If not? Bullocks.) Although I do think I have a developed ne, even if my Ni is way more so not only in use, but developed.

Se- Flashy things, and shit. I believe someone said when you are stressed you 3rd function and 1st flip,is this correct? I believe it is at least, and it’s very true. When I don’t know what to do, or am stressed out I get very Se, I only not only see what is around me, but I get very.. impulsive and uncontrolled. I am OUT THERE, throwing myself every which way, trying to do damage control internally, while destroying the external world. I honestly don’t have any positive thoughts about this.

Fi- Eww. I hate feelings. My Fi is not only retarded, but retarded. (as in stupid/as in growth stunted.) Fi is when you get feelings/urges of something being right, and something being wrong. No. Do not want. I can’t stand Fi, and I can’t stand it when it takes over me (because I can recognize when it does.) It is very true in honestly… all aspects of my life, and is the one drawback I have at my job. People in my position must have very developed Fi/Fe to do well. I just do a great job of faking it…  I think it’s why I am having an impossible time picking out a career, I mean dear lord, I have no idea what I want to do… I mean… Not really.

Now, the incorrect way to do it (But… I still feel like it needs to be done, so just bear with me.)
ENTJ,by letter.

E – Extrovert – Ok, so I always thought my whole life I was an introvert. But I came to realize this past bit ( too long to post, cbf. I’m tired.) that I couldn’t live without people. I have a very future oriented and vivid imagination (where I clicked with INFPs), but it all revolves around people. About people I am going to meet, new ways of life I will discover, etc. etc. When I was a child, being the only gay kid in my entire vicinity (some gay ones moved in during high school years) I obviously wasn’t well liked in the backwards community I lived in. But I still kept trying to make that connection with the inhabitants. Two of my birthday parties I had, in which I held much anticipation for (as contact with the outside world was/is very limited) and very few people showed up. A few years without a party, and I sucked it up and invited all my best friends in *high school.* And no one showed, though some class mates were nice enough to point out that no one goes to faggot’s parties. Because their gay. Hardee har har. See what they did there? -.- So I came with the presumption (ok more like a hasty judgment) that I hate social gatherings/parties etc. Which I do in that they are frivolous, but also just… Bad memories. Really bad memories. And pointless. So flipping pointless.

N – iNtuit – I really can’t say what exactly makes me so sure of myself being an N. It’s not like I think “EWWW S’s ARE GROSS AND NARROWMINDED!” Infact, I hate people who unnecessarily call S’s useless/common/stupid. If it wasn’t for Sensors to catch up all the details that the likes like me leave behind, the entire system would fall apart. But I am just very… Forward thinking, I see no need to dwell in the past, unless we can learn something valuable that will prevent mistakes in the future. I also have a extreme dislike for rules unless the benefit me (not really an N quality per se). I just… I can’t describe this one folks.

T – Thinking - Haha, I never thought I would type myself as a T. But I do. My reasoning? If I can be nice, I will. I have learned over the years people are so much more receptive to my ideas if I am kind, and amicable in presenting them. However, I can’t stand feelings. And when it really boils down to it, I am actually a lot more objective than I come across to other people. I value the definition and principle of something, its practicality of it, and how it will fit into my system. Whether or not it hurts peoples feelings? I don’t care. Not that I say it apathetically, but too much energy is spent making ideas people friendly. People need to learn to adapt, I can.

J – Judging – I kinda always knew I was a J. I am very self motivated, and schedule oriented. I am also never late for anything, but I really, really hate alarm clocks. (it’s a joke people…) I do have an order, things will go in a certain way. I tend however to be kind of messy, but there is still order. I make a joke with myself (when theres no one around to tell it to.) --- Someone comes into my room to drop off my socks. (me: ) “What are you doing???” “huh?” “YOU PUT THE MAGENTA SOCKS WITH THE MAGENTA SOCKS. THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?” “Ummm?” “The magenta socks go with the fuscia sweaters, and the you only put one sock per sweater. Retard. Who taught you to sort clothes. “

--------

Ok so it’s not really funny, in fact it kinda proves I’m a douchebag. IT’s more a humorous look at a very serious problem I have with controlling everything, as well as having everything ordered.

Ok, so that’s me. I am an ENTJ. The good, the bad, and the ugly of it. Now, with every fiber of my soul fighting against me, I type this with honesty: If you believe me to be a different type, I will submit to your opinion and check out that type. But I have looked over every type save for esfj, and isfp (no point), and this is the closest match. Hell, I even checked into ESTJ after I saw ENTJ. I would really LOVE your input. Am I yet another type? NO PEOPLE I AM NOT AN F. As I read for an ENTJ description: “ However, when ENTJs are scorned by others, they may feel a passionate devastation and a strong sense of loss that is seldom shared with others. However, this sense of loss and gloom generally lasts only a short period before they are ready to move on.” Is the extent of my feeling capabilities.

Thanks for reading this long post, I really do appreciate it. Any posts are extremely welcomed, such as “lmao I’m assuming you’re isfj next week?” “I knew this all along.” Or like… a negative rep with “no.” as the reason. I tend to get negative reps a lot… Lol.

Links for info on them:

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/entj/

Click on that portal for your own links, I'm tired. :(

Thanks you guys :) <33 Much love… If such can be said.

**Disclaimer: I would like to say any user names used in this post are not used in any malicious matter, and if it appears that way I apologize… But… It’s not.**

- And if you see any boxes in the text, I wrote this in Microsoft Word, so it turned all the smiley faces into boxes on here. Just... mentally replace it, I cbf.

Last edited:
i never holy freaking cow............... I tried to read your intro, I never made it out of the first paragraph.

with that aside, ISTJ

Reactions: the and Saru Inc
I'm not gonna lie, I'm away laughing on a fast camel right now, but only because this is SOOOOOO True. I kept idealizing you as a feeler for the longest time, but today really help me let go of that notion. I should've paid mor attention how you treat strangers rather than your friends :)

And yes, I read your entire post, wide-awake at almost 6 AM. (I want a cookie)

[MENTION=1848]Barnabas[/MENTION] , he's NOT an Istj trust me.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I also found the socionics article very enlightening. Also it described my features perfectly. (square smile, bouncing gait)

ical-Intuitive Extratim - ENTj (The Pioneer)
Based upon original work by Victor Gulenko with some alterations

ENTjs often have full lips and a characteristic salesman like smile. Their bone structures normally give them their square shape figures. Their faces too are often square in shape and the facial structure itself often has many small details. Their eyes are constantly darting about rarely remaining on one object for any period of time. ENTjs typically tend to have a bouncing gait. The more hyperactive they are the more noticeable this becomes.

ENTjs like expensive, good quality clothes, however they can find it difficult to effectively combine their wardrobe. This is especially noticeable in ENTj males. They are very attracted to bright colour combinations and may combine two or three styles together. However, their aesthetic understanding is not usually very well developed and therefore they may find difficult to work where aesthetics play an important role. ENTjs often wear the same clothes for long periods giving the impression that they have just come back from a long trip and haven't had time to change.

ENTjs like to joke and play tricks on others. When talking about matters of a sexual nature, they often employ double entendres in a humorous manner. ENTjs have tendency to lace their jokes with sarcasm and irony. During conversation they may suddenly interrupt the speaker with comments that others find very funny, whereas the speaker can feel embarrassed. ENTjs talk a lot, and with their ability to create double meaning humour, they are not rare among comedians.

ENTjs find it very easy to start conversations with anybody, anywhere. They are very open to new proposals, however they always investigate the practicality of any theory. They quickly realise the potential of new ideas, and are often the first people to apply them practically. They are open to all novelties and always try to use them in their own activities. ENTjs are quite responsible people and like to be in command. They have no trouble giving orders and like to give plenty of advice.

ENTjs are very enthusiastic when starting new projects sometimes becoming so passionate that they can forget about everything else. They normally start small, gradually working their way up to bigger things. They can work very hard and extremely quickly, often working on many tasks simultaneously. ENTjs like to figure out and try many things. They are not the sort of people who blindly believe in phenomena that cannot be proved, for example UFOs, telekinesis and ESP. They are often very curious and dynamic people often experiencing a great variety of occupations during their lifetimes. They are always experimenting and sometimes get involved in projects that others started but couldn't finish.

In everyday life ENTjs can be careless making it very easy for them to get into hot water. Sometimes they can even show delinquency, bullying and aggressive behaviour. They are very quick tempered often trying to solve their problem with their fists first. ENTjs are very optimistic and they love life. When they are in dangerous situations, they mobilise all their recourses very quickly and effectively. ENTjs like travel and adventure, especially where love is concerned. They also pay great attention to their physiques.

edit: maor shit

The Rational ENTJ (Socionics)
By Jack London [ENTj]

What's coming up next is a sentence that could most accurately summarize the ENTj's mindset. Enthusiastic and optimistic about the future, the ENTj wants to be the one who's at the forefront of advancement. Possessing a peculiar combination of idealism and pragmatism in his personality, the ENTj is a person who wants to make his dreams come true.

The ENTj is a very rational person. He lives with an internal set of principles. These are not arbitrary or merely accepted from conventional wisdom. Rather, they stem from a critical examination of any available empirical evidence at disposal. The ENTj thrives for objectivity. He wants to know the 'Right' answer to everything. For this reason, he is particularly fond of measures and tests because they enable him to objectify reality, helping him to make correct decisions and accurate predictions. The ENTj thinks like a scientist, only accepting things if they have been put to an objective test. If you need to make an objective decision about anything, ask an ENTj.

The ENTj has a gut feeling about what lies behind appearances. He has also got a good intuition about the future. These two characteristics enable him to be often ahead of others, since they help him in predicting events accurately. In order to do this, the ENTj makes intuitive hypotheses according to an existing theoretical model he has elaborated. These intuitions are then naturally put to the test of time. If the existing outcome is different than his prediction, then the ENTj will correct his model. The ENTj's Intuition thus serves his Thinking. Because of this he is rather impatient. Indeed, he is so eager about the future that he cannot seem to be able to let the present unfold normally.

The ENTj projects an aura of arrogance because of the two previous attitudes. There are several reasons for this. Like most NT's, the ENTj's knowledge is acquired in a very systematic way. The ENTj does not trust common sense. He likes to look behind preconceived ideas. He does not care about consensus or other people opinions. He wants to examine the facts by himself, with a fresh new look. The difference with other NT's is that once the ENTj has found something new, he wants to shout it to the rest of the people in the world and convince them that they were wrong. This makes the ENTj look like a Galileo trying to tell people that the earth is round. Few people like to have their beliefs challenged this way and so the ENTj can sometimes appear as pretentious. Fortunately, this attitude is also what makes him a potential leader.

The ENTj works very fast. He loves to be able to efficiently execute tasks. He likes to plan his work in advance so he can think about the best possible course of action. However, he doesn't necessarily have to plan systematically. He is also very good at improvising on the fly thanks to his pragmatic nature. Sometimes he develops workaholic tendencies because he gets such a rush out of pulling things off.

The ENTj is very decisive. It takes him only a couple of seconds to decide things when other types would take hours. For example, he knows exactly what he wants on a restaurant menu immediately after reading it. He doesn't like to waver around. He can be pretty impatient with people who are slow to make their mind up. Sometimes the ENTj can be tempted to choose for them because he can't stand waiting.

The ENTj can talk alot about subjects in which he is interested in, but remain very silent in any topic he finds slightly boring (which includes most topics in small talk). When he's into something, he can get very passionate and start gesticulating energetically. He may speak 'with his hands' alot. He loves to give advice to others in domains where he is competent. He is very good at explaining things to people. The ENTj breaks things down in easy to understand steps, and makes sure people succesfully comprehend each before moving to the next.

The ENTj may appear quite blunt and direct because he has no patience with superficialities. He likes to get straight to the point. This isn't intended to be mean. It's just a way for him to save time and 'move on' more quickly. He is not afraid of speaking the truth about things openly. He is a very straightforward person. What you see is what you get. The ENTj tells people in front what he thinks of them. He is not the type to gossip endlessly in the back of others. He prefers to act upon a situation and speak up to the person in an effort to change things.

The ENTj can get very angry. He hates to get walked upon. Respect is extremely important in a relationship for an ENTj. He cannot tolerate a lack of respect from others. He also hates injustice. The ENTj likes to stand up for what he believes and defend people who he considers as weaker than him. He is also not easily intimidated by people in authority. The ENTj can sometimes have a 'Hero' complex and be convinced that he must be strong in order to be able to save others in the world. This can make him fight forcefully against something or someone even when all odds seem at end.

It has been wrongly assumed that the ENTj is necessarily a controlling and bossy individual. In reality, he doesn't really care about bossing people around for it's own sake. What he's interested in is getting things done in the most efficient way. The ENTj can appear very relaxed and cool around people who accomplish what needs to be done naturally. The ENTj may appear very commanding when he feels as though there is too much chaos. Considering he is also impatient and decisive, he can come off pretty strong to others when things don't go 'the Right way'. However, an ENTj, contrary to alot of types, will not seek positions of power for power, but simply because he wants to have the freedom of implementing the best possible decisions. He fundamentally loves independance. It enables him to realize his visions and make his dreams come true. For this reason, he has a strong entrepreneurial spirit. He wishes his independance from societal constraints and being able to do things according to his ideas.

The ENTj isn't necessarily the person that people will psychologically elect as the leader of a group. It really depends on the situation. Since, being an NT (Rational), he is rather oblivious to social rituals, he will rarely be the 'coolest' or most popular person around. That title is best left to the ESFP or even the ESTP. However, in most situations requiring a specific competence that the ENTj has, his enthusiasm and drive will naturally propel him to leadership. He excels in positions of responsibility due to his ability to explain things to others, be decisive and be efficient.

The ENTj doesn't necessarily make conflict personal. For him, conflict is necessary for progress. He has a tendency to get into heated debates and arguments. The ENTj is invigorated and thrilled by these. He rarely has hostile feelings against people, though. The ENTj is neutral towards most people. He has no desire to hurt others. The ENTj will rarely be envious or jealous of others. He respects people who achieve. He is not the type to backstab or secretly plot for his advancement. This is in starking contrast to his outside appearance. Indeed, he came come off as intimidating sometimes and willing to dominate others (usually when he fears he's going to get controlled). However, the bark is alot worse than the bite. The ENTj usually gets things over and done with. He doesn't obsess about other people. This is also very different from most people who can develop hostile feelings towards others that stay rooted. The ENTj is not passive-aggressive. He confronts people when something is wrong, and then often doesn't hold a grudge. An ENTj rarely 'attacks' people. He considers this a lack of respect. However, do not even try to undermine him because he is very good at quickly counter-attacking. An ENTj is only preoccupied about people who are a potential danger to him. His strategic thinking can then very well be employed in order to control others if ever he feels he is in threat.

Don't ever take a debate personally with an ENTj. Don't get hurt by his logic and then try to hurt him in return (when he wasn't intending to do any harm in the first place). Don't try to control, manipulate or dupe him. Because once he finds out, he will try to get even with you by all means.

The ENTj has playful side. Just hook up with him at a party. You'll quickly see that he loves to make jokes and play around. He'll be the first to make a fool of himself. The ENTj also likes to play the 'stand up comedian'. He can make himself look a lot more stupid than he really is, just to amuse people. Sometimes this gets him in trouble because he behaves in inappropriate ways just to be funny. As an example, he has a habit of making humor with a double meaning (often geared towards sex), which, coupled with his disdain for social conventions, often makes him appear as a lot ruder than he really is. The ENTj isn't always aware of how he comes off to others, so excuse him if he seems a little crude sometimes.

The ENTj is, deep inside, a romantic (although he will forcefully deny this). He believes in love in a nearly childish way: pure and idealistic. He rarely lets people know about it, but he is rather a sensitive person inside. When he falls in love with someone it can take incredible proportions. He can idealize the other person and put them on a pedestal. The ENTj hides this softness behind a big psychological fortress that makes him look tougher than he really is. Take the time to get to know an ENTj. Once you're in his close circle, you're in for life.

One last thing... You can ask the advice of an ENTj for anything, except one thing: aesthetics. He is not very good at judging if several colors match together or not. Don't worry if you see him wearing a bright orange t-shirt or red trousers. He's not trying to get attention; he's probably assessing the viability of a combination of colors by empirically testing people's reactions to it.
ENTj by Function
Te: The first function of the ENTj is Te, by which objective logic substantiates itself through various thought processes. With this function, it is possible to collect multiple thoughts, modes and trends of thinking in order to register them into a structured and growing databank of strong, factual knowledge. Te also maintains an active neutral stance on all of the whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one thought process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals. Probably the most powerful aspect of Te is the power to not only stay well informed of new ideas, trends, and changing modes of thinking that may be utterly critical to survival in competitive atmospheres, but the ability to convince through logical implementations objectively designed to reorganize and even direct the thinking of others into certain modes of logical reasoning. Being an extroverted function, Te cannot derive data from within and must amass information from outside of itself and in the here and now to survive as a function or at all.

Ti: The seventh function of the this type is Ti. Strong and lacking, it remains to the ENTj something to be loathed. Though some use may come from this function in the analysis of thought, structure, and logic, this function remains the vehicle by which the old becomes abandoned and the new comes about. For the ENTj, Ti truly represents all that inferiority is and the uselessness of false potential, and so long as new ways of thinking emerge and there remains something to be considered, out with the old and in with the new! Loyalty to a strong qualified stream of thought will never interest an ENTj!

Ni: The second function of the ENTj is Ni, by which the essence of ideas arrive and insights into their development arise. With this function, it is possible index from within ones self an active belief system developed and derived through time, experience, knowledge, and the patterns of ones own personal life as entered through what could be considered a living journal. Every day and every hour and every minute of a person’s life is catalogued within this journal for future considerations and also for review of past successes and mistakes in order to make stunning predictions into the development of various concepts. Being an introverted function, Ni has an active ability to self-sustain itself and moves actively between an abstract theoretical world located in the future and past in order to sustain itself as an active function.

Ni: The eigth function of the this type is Ni. Strong and lacking, it remains to the ENTj something to be loathed. Though some use may come from this function in the tracking of time, patterns, and simple predictions, this function remains the vehicle by which the old becomes abandoned and the new comes about. For the ENTj, Ni truly represents all that inferiority is and the uselessness of false potential, and so long as new beliefs emerge and there remains something to be considered, out with the old and in with the new! Loyalty to a strong qualified belief system will never interest an ENTj!

Fe: The third function of the ENTj is Fe, by which subjective feeling substantiates itself through various ethical processes. Since the ENTj type thrives in a world of logical and non-ethical and objective principles, it may be rendered difficult for this type to collect and comprehend the multiple feelings, modes and trends of the emotions of others and to react to those emotions. In result of this inability, expected behaviors should include a lack of politeness and consideration towards others, rude behaviors with bad manners or extremly well mannered, lack of enthusiasm and interest in whatever others may find emotionally satisfying, lack of emotional control with sudden unexpected outburst or totally devoid of emotion, appearing emotionally distant to others or unintentionally discouraging the emotional approaches of others.

Fi: The fifth function of the ENTj is Fi, by which subjective feeling substantiates itself through various ethical processes. Though be this a weak, unconscious, and influential function, it should find itself most active within the presence of one whose dominant function coincides, for it it seeks to be strong and may pretend to be such. At other times, an expression of this function may find itself in place of the weak and conscious Fe function. Manifested bahaviours expected of this function should include imagining or demonstrating an inability to tell if others are with or against him or her, obsessive tendencies towards paranoia and possible attempt at domination in result of that paranoia, problems discerning the diffrence between good and bad and may even accidently and unintentionally distort the line between the two, prone to lack of effection until certain of seeing a return, and attempts to win the love of others in ways that seem contradictory or abusive, and lack of emotional connectivity to others.

Si: The fourth function of the ENTj is Si, by which the essence of experiences arrive and insights into their development arise. Since the ENTj type thrives in a world of abstract and non-concrete theoretical principles, it may be rendered difficult for this type to maintain from within an active index of all experiences developed and derived through time, and the patterns of ones own personal life as gauged through the senses. In result of this inability, expected behaviors should include losing track of ones own physical state and a deterioration of healthy physical practices, avoiding surrounding details or noticing too much detail and obsessing about it, suspicion or defensiveness about personal appearance, distant physical look in eyes and appearing to others as though unaware, walking or looking past people, objects, and things as though they were not there, static taste and inflexible habits, unsure of aesthetic understanding, or an obsession with cleanliness.

Se: The sixth function of the ENTj is Se, by which the essence of experiences arrive and insights into their development arise.Though be this a weak, unconscious, and influential function, it should find itself most active within the presence of one whose dominant function coincides, for it it seeks to be strong and may pretend to be such. At other times, an expression of this function may find itself in place of the weak and conscious Si function. Manifested bahaviours expected of this function should include demonstrating a tendency to exagerrate the effects of current experiences to seem better or worse than in reality, tending to accept the outcomes of negitive experiences or to tolerate bad reoccuring situations, ignorantly leaving good or bad experiences for bad or worse ones, tendency towards manipulating statistics into a favorable direction, and prone to biased onesidedness.

Because of the structureof various function, it is not uncommon for a person to be confused or undecided between various types and even between the usage of various functions. The following is a functional description of various types that an actual ENTj may become confused or undecided between.

ISTj - An ENTj may find him or her self activelly undecided between the ISTj type and his or her native ENTj type. Because the sixth function of the ENTj is Se, it is not uncommon for one to confuse the second creative function (Ni) for that function. When this occurs, an ENTj may have problems deciding between those sensory and intuitive functions. In even more complex situations, an ENTj may demonstrate what appears to be a false lack of Ne, which corresponds to the fourth weakest function of the ISTj. In this instances, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you activelly use Te or Ti. If you use Te more than you use Ti, you are an ENTj. If you use Ti more than you use Te, you could really be an ISTj.

ESTp - An ENTj may confuse him or her self for a ESTp for the same reason that one would confuse his or her self for an ISTj. If you use Te more than you use Ti, you are probably an ENTj. If you use Ti more than you use Te, you could really be an ESTp.

ESTj - An ENTj usually becomes confused between this type and his or her native ENTj when he or she has decided upon being an extrovert, determined self as a judging type, and has been having some influence from the sixth function, while not really being sure if that function is introverted or extroverted. In this senerio, instead of a ENTj confusing his or her self for an ISTj the extroverted or introverted type has been substituted. In this instance, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you activelly use more Se or Si. If you use Se more than you use Si, you are probably an ENTj. If you use Si more than you use Se, you could really be an ESTj.

INTj - Because of the influence of MBTI, some new to socionic's theory may ignorantly think that the correct way to switch between introverted and extroverted types is to simply switch an E to an I or an I to an E. This is not the correct way to switch back and forth between the two in socionics. If you are an INTj in MBTI with an emphasis on expressing Te and Ni, your actual socionics type is either an ENTj if you choose to stay a judging type or INTp if you find that you might want to consider being a socionic's perceiving type. On the otherhand, if the above ENTj description does not relate to you and you functionally express Ti and Ne, INTj is still an option, though be warned that socionics does not totally follow the same logic as MBTI does when determining J and P nor do the same stereotypical rules apply when attempting to determine introversion and extroversion. If you are familiar with MBTI, the possibility of having to type yourself totally diffrent than MBTI should be a definite expectation.

I'd also like to say, that Socionics is confusing.

Hi, waht are you?

Oh, I am a colored in L shape. That means I like alpacas.

---

If you're to take anything from this article, take this:

He wants to know the 'Right' answer to everything. For this reason, he is particularly fond of measures and tests because they enable him to objectify reality, helping him to make correct decisions and accurate predictions. The ENTj thinks like a scientist, only accepting things if they have been put to an objective test. If you need to make an objective decision about anything, ask an ENTj.

Unfortunately though, I am so goofy people tend to think I CANT give objective advice, so they never ask me, Drat

Last edited:
Why don't you make a video and post it here so we can actually attempt to type you?

Because I am typed already. (You're new here, but I've been trying to find the right type since April.) This is closure, I'm merely letting you guys know.

ENTP or ENFP.

And I won't hear a word against it.

Lol, he's not a P.

Just sayin', and I've personally known him for 3 years+

But what makes you think so, [MENTION=2495]88chaz88[/MENTION] ?

Because I am typed already. (You're new here, but I've been trying to find the right type since April.) This is closure, I'm merely letting you guys know.

That's great for you. However I doubt you're anything but ENFP/ENTP, judging solely from your posts. An ENTJ could never be this comfortable with this much contemplation.

(Then again that's not a very efficient way to type someone, so... godspeed)

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Because his posts are all over the damn place. Sure sign of Ne.

Haha, that I will agree with. My posts are quite scattered. Regardless.

I mean, I'll video type? What the f do I say?

And no, I'm not a P. And I'm not a friggin F.

I'll take ESTJ or ISTJ over those. Also understand I come across very different online then I do in real life. Very differently.

edit: and whats with all these lurkers not posting.

Haha, that I will agree with. My posts are quite scattered. Regardless.

I mean, I'll video type? What the f do I say?

And no, I'm not a P. And I'm not a friggin F.

I'll take ESTJ or ISTJ over those. Also understand I come across very different online then I do in real life. Very differently.

I'm going to say ENFP with a strong Te. For a Te-dom, contemplation and questioning your personality type would be a draining activity (inferior Fi), which you don't seem to mind.

Anyway, talk about anything in the video, if you're thinking of doing one. Talk about things that interest you. Talk about MBTI.

Haha, no, but I do like Adymus's methods. They work, for the most part.

The guy thinks I'm an ENFP though and is notorious for sending INTPs here with the belief that they're INFJs.

The guy thinks I'm an ENFP though and is notorious for sending INTPs here with the belief that they're INFJs.

Perhaps because they are, in fact, INFJs that are commonly mistyped as INTPs? I test as INTP exclusively, but I know how my functions work and that's not my type. The MBTI tests are flawed, they're only good at testing people with normal functional development of the top two functions. Most people are either more developed than that, or have skewed cognitive development. And that doesn't even begin to count the various shadow complexes and bias towards certain functions. You shouldn't place so much trust on a test result alone.

/derail

Last edited:
Perhaps because they are, in fact, INFJs that are commonly mistyped as INTPs? I test as INTP exclusively, but I know how my functions work and that's not my type. The MBTI tests are flawed as heck and shouldn't be trusted.
You have me considering making a video and seeing what people think. HMM.

Because I really don't trust the tests either. The most common results for me have been INFJ and INTP or INFP...occasionally ISFP. I'm not totally sold because all I have to go on are explanations of types and the tests since I don't really consider myself competent on the functions theory yet.

I think I just might (even though honestly the idea kind of terrifies me...this ought to be amusing...).

Hmmm...don't know you well and don't know the ENTJ type well, but from my external and distant perspective I feel reserved.

Reservations:

1) The incredibly long, rambling posts and for that matter, the long, rambling journey to finding type. I have some personal valuation for a long introspective journey, but does it fit with an ENTJ? I don't know, but in my caricature it seems off.

2) The focus on efficiency (seems real based on the descriptions of demonstration), but it seems like more of a conceptual ideal in some ways than an acted out reality. Like taking great pains to do things efficiently in Runescape by going to the store and getting everything needed, but forgetting the shovel in the end. I know an ENTJ wouldn't be perfect and could make mistakes, but that seems a little spacey. I just have a sense of ENTJ's as more focused and on their game in terms of action.

I don't know what type it would indicate, but I still get a strong Fi feel from you. I know someone who types INFP (maybe eNFP) and many of the things you refer to remind me of him when he's in "on" mode. He is majorly directing about doing everything efficiently when he's in this mode. He's barking at everyone, stranger or not, to get with the program. No one escapes his efficiency wrath--drivers, fellow shoppers, no one. Yet he's also likely to forget to pick up the sour cream. As for Fi being "feely", I'm not sure how well you know anyone who types INFP, but they not only can be comfortable with social discord, often they seem to actually get pleasure from winding things up. A preference for "telling it the way they see it" without any blunting of the force of delivery would be very in line, with someone who types INFP at least.

I get the sense from what you've expressed about yourself that you may be more difficult to type because you are intuitive about people's motives (able to read where the test is going) and are able to immerse yourself in different ways of being ("playing" so many types)...maybe even so well that you aren't sure who you actually are. If so it might contribute to the type difficulty. Yet these traits also seem like they might be contrary to an ENTJ type.

I know INFP type better than ENFP, but I'm going to go with ENFP still. Keep in mind that tertiary or inferior function for an E(i)NFP is Te.

Yet, I acknowledge, I don't know you.