Music to Cultivate Ni To | INFJ Forum

Music to Cultivate Ni To

Ren

Seeker at heart
Oct 10, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Because I had promised @Wyote - and also because it's a genuinely cool idea.

Some good stuff to cultivate Ni (at least for me):

Yayyy! I'll come back to this ^_^

Reactions: Ren
Reactions: Wyote
She's good but I need to listen to her newer albums to see if I like them.

Same, to be honest. I'm mostly familiar with her singles. What are your thoughts on Grimes?

Reactions: Pin
Reactions: Wyote

Reactions: Ren, Pin and acd

I've been thinking about this thread and how, ultimately, a Ni-dom's personal preferences cultivate Ni. My choices would be different than another person's playlist. My playlist would be Neurosis heavy, for example, and I gravitate toward atmospheric music when I am focusing on Ni/Ti or Ni/Se centric tasks, as well as just letting my Ni dominate and "be".

There is no reason be-bop wouldn't stimulate Ni, either. The complex chord progressions and spontaneity – notes and changes referencing what was previously played, for example, could be very Ni.

But what about Classical music? I am not well-versed in music theory but live with a fellow Ni-dom (Ni/Te, which makes sense) who has a degree in Classical Composition. Via my experiences with him, I have some knowledge about this. Classical seems like Te/Ti music, but I think, for example, the musical perfection of Bach and the use of Fibonacci by Bartok appeal to Ni due to how the notes reference each other, connect, and how the composition spiderwebs across itself to create complex patterns. The music is resolved, whole, complete. Ni takes from here and there, notices nuance, symbols, patterns, relationships, and resolves those pieces with final ideas that seem to come out of nowhere, but truly do not.

Love, love, love Tool. Fav band ever...been listening to their music for over 20 years and it never gets old. Timeless. Always relevant.