Music, Ni, INFJs | INFJ Forum

Music, Ni, INFJs

Jana

Searching...
Apr 18, 2009
MBTI
infj
I like to start topics about music:), I also noticed that many INFJs are really addicted to all sorts of music. Here is my question...
I relised that many of my so called "aha" moments happen whene I pray or whene I am alone and listening music. Not all music, ofcourse, but tunes that I find important and nice. So, is it possible that Ni can be provoked with melody. Obvios explanation is that I get relaxed, but somehow music helps me to feel like I am in my natural state, for INFJs it is Ni as first function. Whene I have to find solution, I just have to put my headphones on head, walk and wait.
So, it is about being is it relaxed, but is it possible that I spontanously chose music that is made by Intuitives and that tunes somehow, metaphoricly speaking, resonante with my 1st function.
Do I make ANY sense or I have too much free time today:)?

You might find this interesting: It's a great speech about music and what it does to us, and why. I've had it bookmarked since forever :)

http://www.bostonconservatory.edu/s/940/Bio.aspx?sid=940&gid=1&pgid=1241

An excerpt from the excerpt:

The Greeks said that music and astronomy were two sides of the same coin. Astronomy was seen as the study of relationships between observable, permanent, external objects, and music was seen as the study of relationships between invisible, internal, hidden objects. Music has a way of finding the big, invisible moving pieces inside our hearts and souls and helping us figure out the position of things inside us.

Reactions: Jana
The Classical notion of "Music" was rather different from ours though. It was the science of Harmonics, not an art for self expression. "Music" was especially important to siege engineers operating balistas and other tension/torsion based siege engines.

The Classical notion of "Music" was rather different from ours though. It was the science of Harmonics, not an art for self expression. "Music" was especially important to siege engineers operating balistas and other tension/torsion based siege engines.

That's a very interesting point. I've never really considered the nature of their music. I find it very hard to even imagine music that isn't an expression of some kind of emotion. But, I wonder if it matters. The music today that I see most removed from the communicative abilities in the language of music is techno.

( Techno is still around, right? :) )

But, despite it's... inhumanity, even, it can move people. Though I can't really imagine someone being moved to tears by:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXeAzjKEl-U"]YouTube - When Evil Returns[/ame]

What are you talking about? I'm weeping here! :m142:

Reactions: Praefect
Yeah, I understand what you said.

For me it's not just to relax, though; sometimes the song played just clicked with my thoughts at that time and unconsciously moving my thoughts forward. Sometimes it's for drawing, sometimes it's for creating a character..... the music functions as a catalyst for moving my thoughts.

but yeah, as per the function going, I can say it's Ni, due to the random factor.