Music Imagination | INFJ Forum

Music Imagination

Rigby

Community Member
Jun 9, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Have you ever been listening to a really wonderful orchestral piece while in the car or while looking at the clouds or maybe just whenever, and then suddenly the visuals you see are just so incredible? You're in the car or at home and you look up at the sky or close your eyes and then suddenly things start to come to life. You see the sky and the birds start dancing alongside a certain instrument and you paint the whole sky with your mind with the music and just turn the whole world into your canvas for a moment. What a wonderful moment. By the time the song ends the world has become the song and it's beautiful. Or you have a sketchbook and suddenly by the end of a song you have this incredible piece of art and you're just like "wow where did this come from" and you just feel the music. That's my favorite time of the day. I love painting the world

I'm not so sure I experience music in quite the same way, but I certainly appreciate that you do! Music does have the lovely ability to bring visuals to my mind, or at least compliment the things I'm already observing. You seem like a talented artist with a wonderful imagination, and I'm glad you have the ability to utilize these things as outlets.

Yes, I enjoy listening to music and imagining a story or scenario inspired by the words and melody. It's easy to get lost in that world, where the music is the score to your own imagination.

[MENTION=13839]Meg[/MENTION]

What you describe is almost a daily thing for me.

Yup! It's so amazing, isn't it? Music has such power to us. It makes life so beautiful and vibrant. Everything comes to life.

Since I listen to mostly film scores, I have the opportunity to imagine extravagantly vivid scenarios. Although, 99% of the time these scenarios encompass my life in 20-30 years time. Rather than an entirely fictional world, my settings are in the present, only I am certainly more.......powerful. Muhahahahaha!

Reactions: Free
lol [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION]! You imagine yourself being president of the states ;3 and yeah I've noticed lots of people enjoy film scores!! I have a playlist going now from spotify <3 love

[MENTION=5750]Shaqie[/MENTION] really? :D

[MENTION=1669]Gist[/MENTION] [MENTION=11100]flower[/MENTION] [MENTION=11884]INFJ16[/MENTION] it's so great to see people who just have a love for music :3 <3

I sometimes can imagine an orchestra playing music I am listening to. I've often felt as if I could lead the music when it is a piece I know very well.

Then, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOXUlqy_bmo

I'm not going to let it change me negatively, but now I wish I had one of those things for sure.

[video=youtube;jzij1UX73kU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzij1UX73kU[/video]

Yes. And sometimes you feel like life can fluctuate from a very pure violin solo, to a full orchestra and choral ensemble. All playing inside your heart.

Go on paint the world [MENTION=13839]Meg[/MENTION] and don't ever grow up. I mean that in the positive way of course. :)

[video=youtube;TkV-of_eN2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w[/video]