MUCH EASIER CROSSWORD PUZZLE | INFJ Forum

MUCH EASIER CROSSWORD PUZZLE

S

Shai Gar

:) This is the easier attempt.

The yellow bits are an anagram. You need to post the anagram, and the answers to all the questions to win.

There is no prize other than Beta Testing ShaiXWords.

Do not post the answers unless you have got the answers to all of them. There is no prize for sharing, I just want to know how long it would take someone to complete it on their own.

Across
01. Sabbatic Goat
03. London, Lost River
07. The King of the Jews
08. Hold
10. Pan
11. An INFJ is an ___.
12. Highest of Angels.
13. City on Water
15. Pole Weapon
19. Amor
20. Mongolian Home
21. Saracen Sultan
22. Rodent
23. Prostitute Priestess
24. Morning
26. Flag: Green White, Orange
28. Doglike member of the Cat Family
30. Question: __ or European?
31. To prick a Boil
32. Author: The Art of War
33. Worships Fallen Angel

Down
01. Celtic Nation
02. Precursor to Democracy
04. Snakes Tooth
05. Mongolian Hand
06. Song: Fields of __.
10. Formerly U.S.S.R.
14. Useless Ethical Base
16. Gold
17. Home of Oddyseus
18. Valhalla, home of the __.
19. First Feminist
25. Florentine
27. Common Mineral
29. Homer

THE FOLLOWING POSTS MAY HAVE THE ANSWERS IN THEM, DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

Attachments

• Crossword2.PNG
    Crossword2.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Crossword2.pdf
    60 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
BUFFER POST

- - - - - - - -

BUFFER POST

- - - - - - - -

BUFFER POST

What is 2 down? Monarchy?

I really have to get some work done, and this is going to drive me insane. Can't you give hints? Please?

Also I keep thinking 14 down is likely Christianity... is it? It won't fit.

if it doesn't fit, you answer more to get more clues.
History
Religion
Politics
Science
Geography

Those are the subjects.

I give up! I attached a PDF which is as far as I've gotten.

Anyone, help!

(And I'm not sure 10 down is correct as Slovenia was not part of the USSR... was it?)

Attachments

• Crossword2[1].pdf
    170.7 KB · Views: 5
I give up! I attached a PDF which is as far as I've gotten.

Anyone, help!

(And I'm not sure 10 down is correct as Slovenia was not part of the USSR... was it?)

You are right, Slovenia most def had nothing to do with USSR.

Here you have a list of former USSR countries so you can see if any of them fits into that crossword.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union

Argh. well, I don't know of any former USSR states that have 8 letters and begin with S....

BUT I got YAZIDI! I have never heard that word before in my life, but it fits and it is a real word. Who knew.

Attachments

• Crossword2[3].pdf
    172.3 KB · Views: 2
The word is Slovenia. They are a broadway nation from Yugoslavia.

I was wrong. This is why I am beta testing.

You gave it a magnificent attempt.

I note only four wrong answers, but thankfully, after checking the hints, it is not the hints that are wrong.

Four wrong? I don't suppose you'd be willing to tell me which numbers are wrong at least? :p

I am just a little obsessed at this point. and NO ONE else is pitching in to help... PEOPLE! C'mon! I'm just one distracted person.

And isn't it like, 4:30 am where you are or some such ungodly hour? How are you functioning?

sorry, five wrong. You won't guess two either. Heh, because it appears right. I am getting ready for work.

My only clue. You are two christiancentric

Well, have a good day at work! I hope you plan on posting the answers at some point. :m080:

ANSWERS IN THE POST BELOW

These two were Beta Crossword Puzzles, real ones, harder and able to finish will come next.

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Across
01. Baphomet
03. Effra
07. INRI
08. Grip
10. Satyr
11. Angel
12. Chayot
13. Venice
15. Naginata
19. Love
20. Yurt
21. Saladin
22. Rat
23. Isis
24. AM
26. Eire
28. Hyena
30. African
31. Lance
32. Jomini
33. Yazadi

Down
01. Brittany
02. MagnaCarta
04. Fang
05. Gar
06. Athenry
10. Slovenia
14. Conscience
16. Aurum
17. Ithica
18. Aesir
19. Lilith
25. Medici
27. Quartz
29. Iliad

Isis, not Mary (Magdalene); and then Chayot, not Seraph? That threw me off, I have never heard of Chayot and though I'm more or less familiar with Isis, I did not know she could be described as a prostiture priestess.

Thank you, this has been very interesting!!!!!

No, but the priestesses of Isis could be described like that. Mary wasn't a Rabbi/Priest (teacher).

Chayot are the top of the Jewish Hierarchy of Angels.
The trick is never to assume. Consider all crossword puzzles as a University Essay. If you handed in an essay based on assumptions, you'd be given a fail the entire way through. Research everything, apply reason. In this instance it is reasonable to go back to angels, and since your assumption "Seraph" for "Seraphim" did not fit, to look at how they would have. Christian Anthology holds them as the Highest Angels. Christianity isn't the only religion with Angels. Deva feature strongly in Hindu and Buddhist teachings, Al Qu'ran has Angels as well (albeit as creatures of pure light, whereas jinn are smokeless fire), the Northmen had Valkyries and the Elves. Celts had the Daonie Sidhe, and so on. It's reasonable then to check other religions. I'd personally start with the closest religions Islam and Judaism. I had taken it from the Jewish faith.

I'm going to make the next ones a touch harder.