Mr Robot: Best show on TV

wolly.green

Permanent Fixture
Jul 20, 2016
MBTI
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
I wanted to make this thread two weeks ago, but decided not to. Last week I wanted to do the same. But now, after three of the most intense episodes I've seen on TV in years, I want to see what everyone else thinks.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: I think this is better than Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sherlock and literally every other TV show I've ever seen. I mean really; the writing in this is other worldly. Yes I know, I'm comparing TV shows from different genres. But so what? The pure thrill in watching this show is literally incomparable.

What do you all think?

+1 for Mr Robot!

I watched the first 6 or so episodes of season 1 when it was on, but due to life circumstances didn't continue.

I'll go watch it again. It was really quite interesting.

It's definitely on par with the series mentioned in the opening post. Not better than House M.D. though. *ducks* *flees*

Been watching religiously since episode 1.
Absolutely stellar at every level. I only hope it ends in a creative way. Esmail has had the whole story planned out since day one so I'm really hoping for good payoff, but either way every single episode is fast, tight and enthralling. Every. Single. Episode.

Not only that, but their ARG has been incredible and they have been excellent at supporting their fan base. Not 100% relevant to the show, but they've demonstrated a lot of care and commitment to making it a quality experience.

Been watching religiously since episode 1.
Absolutely stellar at every level. I only hope it ends in a creative way. Esmail has had the whole story planned out since day one so I'm really hoping for good payoff, but either way every single episode is fast, tight and enthralling. Every. Single. Episode.

Oh absolutely! There is only one thing I want to know. How could Elliot and Mr Robot have been so naive? Maybe I missed something? Anyway, what do you think White Rose wants? Her Dark Army goons believe in something; and it seems clear to me that she does as well!

Reactions: Wyote
You've put it in good company with exception of sopranos of which I found to be incredibly dig your eyes out with a rusty spoon boring....
I've never watched it but you have convinced me I should.

A bit spoilery but a good rundown of things

I tried watching the first episode. I was intrigued until the guy said he has no interest in money and the implication that the world could not only run without money but that if it did he would still have access to what made it possible for him to change the world. IE computers that would never have been brought to the masses unless someone thought they could make money by doing it.

Sad reallly. It might have been a great show if not for that. Dropped it after the first epsisode.

I tried watching the first episode. I was intrigued until the guy said he has no interest in money and the implication that the world could not only run without money but that if it did he would still have access to what made it possible for him to change the world. IE computers that would never have been brought to the masses unless someone thought they could make money by doing it.

Sad reallly. It might have been a great show if not for that. Dropped it after the first epsisode.

Well it's true. You can't do anything large scale if youre not making a profit. What's so controversial about that?

Reactions: Skarekrow
Well it's true. You can't do anything large scale if youre not making a profit. What's so controversial about that?
Nothing. Do you see how it relates to my assessment of the show though?

Do you see how it relates to my assessment of the show though?

Do you see how your own ignorance relates to your inability to assess things accurately? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Skarekrow
Do you see how your own ignorance relates to your inability to assess things accurately? :tearsofjoy:
Thanks wyote. No though. Perhaps go into some detail and I might.

I see whats happened. Ive stepped on your feelings regarding a fictional TV show and this prompted you to go into attack mode.
We humans are great creatures. So willing to kill someone else for naught but a fantasy. Well not I of course but the average human population for sure.

I see whats happened. Ive stepped on your feelings regarding a fictional TV show and this prompted you to go into attack mode.
We humans are great creatures. So willing to kill someone else for naught but a fantasy. Well not I of course but the average human population for sure.

lolol do what you want dude, just saying the show deals with a lot of themes and you chose to discredit it entirely based on one thing you found to be wrong with it personally. That's like if I said Cheers was bad because it took place in a bar and I don't like bars. The show itself hurt your feelings in the first place :wink:

lolol do what you want dude, just saying the show deals with a lot of themes and you chose to discredit it entirely based on one thing you found to be wrong with it personally. That's like if I said Cheers was bad because it took place in a bar and I don't like bars. The show itself hurt your feelings in the first place :wink:
Well sir you did not say that in the first place. You chose to call me ignorant but with no explination. Thank you for your comments.
Perhaps you are right and perhaps I should give it another chance.

Reactions: Wyote
Perhaps you are right and perhaps I should give it another chance.
Oh, please do! The show is really good! Though I was less impressed with the events of season 3, but then again after watching the explanation of tone vs plot that @Wyote linked, it makes more sense to me now. :D