Jeffrei

OneOneOne
Aug 16, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hey all,

I just had to ask, do any of you get mistaken for an ENFP by people who don’t know you very well?

If so, what do you think causes that slip up?

Hey all,

I just had to ask, do any of you get mistaken for an ENFP by people who don’t know you very well?

If so, what do you think causes that slip up?

Yes :lol:

Most often it happens with people whom I meet regularly enough irl but without being super close to them. When I'm comfortable I can be quite chatty, so that if I'm in a group of introverts, I may often end up "dominating" the conversation somehow. I use Fe a lot, but somehow people tend to think that ENFJs are more serious and ENFPs more strange, and I'm more like strange, so people tend to think ENFP.

No. I get mistaken for an extrovert by people who only see me when I'm at work or socializing, but I am not mistaken for any specific type.
I try to put aside my introverted and shy nature to be pleasant and helpful for others, and I know how to chat (I trained myself to chat), so people who only see me in that environment wouldn't necessarily see an introvert. They'd see an awkward extrovert.

When I'm comfortable I can be quite chatty, so that if I'm in a group of introverts, I may often end up "dominating" the conversation somehow
Same! Though I've never been called an ENFP to my face, I have been called an extrovert or outgoing. What people don't see is that once the public exchange is over, I retreat to that place behind my eyes for extended periods of time to recoup some of that energy I just wasted.

Yes, in certain circles and in particular situations. But anyone who knows me well enough realizes how precious my recharge time is to me. But for four hours I am the life of the party.

I could kind of see that... The INFJs I know in RL can be high energy and incredibly enthusiastic, but it's not nearly as "in-your-face" as the ENFPs I've known. Sometimes I think that ENFPs only exist to make introverts giggle their social discomfort away...

Haha! Omg yes.

Not particularly ENFP, but definitely extroverted. Thing is, I can be perceived as a “shy, serious quiet person” with an apparent resting bitch face only at FIRST. But once I warm up to strangers in a room, got to assess everything and got a feel of everyone—which is quite fairly quickly actually— I am very much so talkative and outgoing.

Even worse when it’s with family and close friends at a party or get-together. However, I need my alone time.

It’s funny, my loved ones and friends get weirded out and comment how I was such a talker and goofball the previous day at a party, but can instantly become this full-out hermit without talking to anyone for days the next.

Haha! Omg yes.

Not particularly ENFP, but definitely extroverted. Thing is, I can be perceived as a “shy, serious quiet person” with an apparent resting bitch face only at FIRST. But once I warm up to strangers in a room, got to assess everything and got a feel of everyone—which is quite fairly quickly actually— I am very much so talkative and outgoing.

Even worse when it’s with family and close friends at a party or get-together. However, I need my alone time.

It’s funny, my loved ones and friends get weirded out and comment how I was such a talker and goofball the previous day at a party, but can instantly become this full-out hermit without talking to anyone for days the next.
Ooooh. I can really relate to this! Is your family made up of mainly extroverts? My extended family is so fucking LOUD and I hate it, hahahah. It's like they're all yelling, yet not really saying anything. >.< My siblings and I are all introverted types, so family functions can really leave us feeling way overstimulated.

Ooooh. I can really relate to this! Is your family made up of mainly extroverts? My extended family is so fucking LOUD and I hate it, hahahah. It's like they're all yelling, yet not really saying anything. >.< My siblings and I are all introverted types, so family functions can really leave us feeling way overstimulated.

Lolololololol! Yes!

Most of my family members are definitely extroverted. Especially my mother’s side of the family! They are not only really talkative and loud but also really touchy. Not that I don’t mind being hugged a lot, but I do need my personal bubble sometimes haha.

Reactions: Wyote and neko

giphy.gif

Lolololololol! Yes!

Most of my family members are definitely extroverted. Especially my mother’s side of the family! They are not only really talkative and loud but also really touchy. Not that I don’t mind being hugged a lot, but I do need my personal bubble sometimes haha.
Oh, man... I totally get that.
When I go visit the mexican side of my family, my cousins and especially my cousins' kids are ALL over me. Climbing on me, touching me, just wayyyyyyy over stimulating me. hahahah. By the time I leave I'm like NO ONE FUCKEN TOUCH ME. all touched out.

Most of my family members are definitely extroverted.

My dad is the most extroverted man on earth, I think. I was chatting to him on the phone earlier. I believe he talked nonstop for the first 35mins.

Thankfully, the other family members are mostly introverts. :bouncy:

I am like a part time enfp, one hour in the day I will hug you to pieces :m029:

Reactions: Wyote
Haha! Do ENFPs hug a lot?

They just sort of envelope you in their good vibes, if they have their shit together and if you are a person they care about.
NeFi in a healthy state is an amazing thing to behold, like a happy hug cloud :)

They just sort of envelope you in their good vibes, if they have their shit together and if you are a person they care about.
NeFi in a healthy state is an amazing thing to behold, like a happy hug cloud :)

Haha, indeed. My friend Rachel is incredible for that. When she's down though... tornado coming!

Reactions: Infjente and Wyote
Haha, indeed. My friend Rachel is incredible for that. When she's down though... tornado coming!

High highs = low lows :)

Reactions: Infjente and Ren