IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
I bought it this weekend on sorta-impulse. Needless to say, I've gotten into it pretty quickly. It's fun and relaxing at the same time! Perhaps I should have waited until I graduate before I got it, but I have good self-control so it won't get in the way much.

So, who else out there plays minecraft and enjoys it. Got any tips? Fun things you've found. Nifty things you made?

Post about it :D.

I've been considering buying this, actually.

I played it briefly at a friend's and have
heard praise about it. Plus reading about
it and watching youtube videos have me
very interested in the game.

Yay, a minecraft thread! :D :D :D

I'm still working in my new mine that's across an ocean from my home. I made a huge over ocean path and lit it all up with torches.

The mine is huuuuuge, I got lost in there several times. My plan is to try to dig it all out, but it will take so sososo long and use up so many stone pickaxes :p I created a huge staircase that spans the whole thing, top to bottom, so now I won't get as lost. :p

Plus reading about
it and watching youtube videos have me
very interested in the game.

This is the EXACT reason why I ended up buying it. I'm such a sucker for the proximity-interest rule. But, I ain't complaining with this!

Yay, a minecraft thread! :D :D :D

I'm still working in my new mine that's across an ocean from my home. I made a huge over ocean path and lit it all up with torches.

The mine is huuuuuge, I got lost in there several times. My plan is to try to dig it all out, but it will take so sososo long and use up so many stone pickaxes :p I created a huge staircase that spans the whole thing, top to bottom, so now I won't get as lost. :p

I built my home (cave) right near the spawn point which ended up being super close to a cave. My home's actually only a few blocks from the cealing at a few spots (found that out the hard way, haha). I think I might have traversed the whole thing. I did find though that if I did through the walls some I can find other caverns.

I also found a HUGE obsidian deposit earlier (40ish blocks) by accident (had to plug up a spring). That took for freaking ever to mine it all, and preventing it from falling into lava blocks. It's nice to have all the obsidian now though.

What exactly is minecraft?

On youtube I've seen people slaying zombies, making songs and making pedobear with it. I'm highly confused.

What exactly is minecraft?

On youtube I've seen people slaying zombies, making songs and making pedobear with it. I'm highly confused.
simultaneously the best and worst possible use of your time ever.

Good job Indy... you and all the people who always claim to be playing minecraft when I call them... convinced me to get minecraft. I hope you're happy.

Next thing you know I'll be a /b/ on 4-chan

This will give you a rough idea:

[YOUTUBE]m_yqOoUMHPg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]FaMTedT6P0I[/YOUTUBE]

simultaneously the best and worst possible use of your time ever.

This too.

If I end up getting this and getting addicted, I am blaming you, Indy.

c(=

If I end up getting this and getting addicted, I am blaming you, Indy.

c(=

hehehehe.

It took me a good too months before I ended up looking into it so much that I hit that critical point with it and caved. If you can wait until finals are over. It will be a fantastic time sink over the summer!

I thought I'd give it a shot.

Is it bad that right after playing it I'll get up and walk from my computer room and walk into a dark hallway, and then look for somewhere on the wall to put a torch?

I thought I'd give it a shot.

Is it bad that right after playing it I'll get up and walk from my computer room and walk into a dark hallway, and then look for somewhere on the wall to put a torch?

Hahaha. No, that's awesome.

Minecraft for the win. :]