Mind loops, and the cycle of jealousy, alienation, and guilt- excellent description | INFJ Forum

Mind loops, and the cycle of jealousy, alienation, and guilt- excellent description

jupiterswoon

Permanent Fixture
Mar 30, 2012
MBTI
ISFP
Enneagram
This is an amazing website I stumbled upon
http://www.confusion.discover-your-mind.co.uk/3b-mind loops.htm

Basically the author talks about how many negative feedback loops come from.

"Each mental loop begins from a trigger or arousal condition. This is a dominant mental state — mood, attitude or belief — that is activated by the current situation that the person finds himself in. The mental state is always a devaluing feeling or view about oneself.

The first two loops focus on depression. I consider the two types that arise either from jealousy or from guilt. Loop 1 features jealousy-based depression, and loop 2 the guilt-based one. In the first loop the trigger that begins it is an external one (the person is aroused by something in the external situation or environment), whilst in the second loop the trigger is an internal one (arousal comes from within the person's mind).

Alienation is the external trigger for this loop. Social guilt is generated in me by external circumstances. This loop operates by the concept of the transfer of blame.

The first step is the induction of guilt (mode of self-hate) in me by authority. [²]. Guilt in the form of self-hate creates internal violence in me ; this self-hate destroys my self-image. So I become depressed, switching to jealousy. Now I see myself as a victim of the system, irrespective of whether it is managed by conservatism, capitalism, communism, etc.

I switch out of this mood into narcissism by the production of mania. Mania enables me to transfer blame to society and makes me willing to help victims. Eventually I feel that I am the target for ridicule. Narcissism dissolves and I switch to pride (mode of hate). I may feel violent towards people who ridicule me. Now I criticise myself for my weakness in letting people upset me ; this prepares the way for me to change back to guilt as I blame myself for this predicament."

From the website:
A summary of the factors of some important emotions is :
Guilt = self-pity + self-hate.
Pride = vanity + hatred of other people.
Narcissism = love + vanity.
Jealousy = love + self-pity.
Anxiety = fear + vanity.

I found this the most interesting....otherwise the rest sounded a bit like gobblygook.

From the website:
A summary of the factors of some important emotions is :
Guilt = self-pity + self-hate.
Pride = vanity + hatred of other people.
Narcissism = love + vanity.
Jealousy = love + self-pity.
Anxiety = fear + vanity.

I found this the most interesting....otherwise the rest sounded a bit like gobblygook.

I thought that the backstory's that the guy gave were totally unnecessary and a bit too personal and yes "gooblygook" but, the algorithms that he created seem so accurate, and I think that these cycles are definitely related to INFJ depression, also, I think that the author seems like an INFJ. I don't know anyone else who painstakingly analyzes themselves the way that INFJs do.

During the period that I experienced kundalini psychosis, I began cross-dressing when transvestitism, a rare aspect of my childhood sexual identity, was re-awakened in me. [6]. So the psychosis brought a fringe aspect of my sexual identity into prominence. This result is a product of the excitement. Anything about sexuality that interests the person in any way, especially that which is considered to be immoral or amoral, is likely to incorporated into the phantasies. The psychosis denotes that the repression of forbidden sexual interests has ceased.

This bit makes me smile.