Mind giving me a hand in typing myself ? | INFJ Forum

Mind giving me a hand in typing myself ?

Mochingnawy

Nov 18, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hey there ! I’ve been into mbti for 2 years now and I’ve been trying to type myself since then , so i first tested as Intj but that turned out as completely irrelevant for a number of reasons , after that , I’ve learnt about the functions more deeply but the more I try to convince myself I am Intj , i realise I’m both satisfying my self-image as deep,wise ,knowledgable and perceptive and my need for social validation and somehow proving to myself that I do not need people ( I’ve considered an Ni-Ti loop ) , I’ve had this fear of being an Si dom , like I viewed Si as being narrow-minded , idiotic for a very long time and now that I’ve seen it from a different perspective , I believe that I just acted upon it from my own flaws , cause as i grow up I’ve been trying to prove how I perceive myself to people , trying to convince people at a certain period that I’m creative and intelligent by shooting down people who depend on their memory ( although i have an excellent one ) , I have also had this very deep need for knowledge since I was a child , I think it is a way of compensating my feelings of being unloved , feeling and understanding other people just makes me want to help them cause through their hardships and that is why I aspire to be a psychaitrist . I always have the hunches involved with Ni but also the fantasy world which is always related Ne , I always get this image of how what I’m saying will produce some result which can sometimes cause me to stop talking or change the course of the conversation cause it just hit me how on the long-term this will cause some problem , I am usually closed off to strangers but recently , I’ve started learning some of the social dynamics and you know , I already just “know” people from our first meeting but I’ve developed more of a method to be sociable and open with people . As i wrote this thread , I felt the need to impress a bit , i felt a bit anxious cause i knew i was going to be judged , and I also hoped that I ‘d be typed as Infj but then I thought it’s stupid to want one type over another cause the main reason of the whole typing is self-development and overcoming your flaws and accepting your weaknesses . I ‘d appreciate any help .

infj

Is that based upon some arguement or just your gut feeling ?

Mostly just my gut but you question yourself and seem to feel you may lean toward intj but also don't relate to them so infj is a strong candidate.

Reactions: Ren
Or you really are intj
Why did you exclude all the other types except these 2 ? And what do you think is the true distinction between Intjs and Infjs ( basically Te-Fi axis vs Ti-Fe axis ) ?

I think it's a reliance that we can trust your judgement, since you are acquainted with (at least some of) the theory, and you show some basic understanding of your self. Do you think there is a reason not to trust that judgement and extend the scope of possibilities? (I think I'll better ask before we go into details.)

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
I think it's a reliance that we can trust your judgement, since you are acquainted with (at least some of) the theory, and you show some basic understanding of your self. Do you think there is a reason not to trust that judgement and extend the scope of possibilities? (I think I'll better ask before we go into details.)

Well, I think that sometimes I’m self-delusional when wanting to prove something to myself , I may take well-established facts yes ! , but until it feels “right” , I keep affirming myself in a number of ways by trying to pick up specific ideas and facts and building my judgement upon .

Reactions: Ginny
Mochingnawy, you seem like you've given this a fair bit of thought and your posts come across as genuine. You seem to have insight into yourself and you recognize some of your flaws. I think there is no need to not go by what you're saying.

Reactions: Ginny
Thinking that you're self-delusional does seem very INFJ. Not to jump to conlcusions, but I have never heard of another type that objectively mistrusts themselves and their intentions. It speaks in favour of the Fe-Ti axis.

Mochingnawy, you seem like you've given this a fair bit of thought and your posts come across as genuine. You seem to have insight into yourself and you recognize some of your flaws. I think there is no need to not go by what you're saying.
Thanks , I really appreciate your opinion

Thinking that you're self-delusional does seem very INFJ. Not to jump to conlcusions, but I have never heard of another type that objectively mistrusts themselves and their intentions. It speaks in favour of the Fe-Ti axis.
But wouldn’t that be an incredible manipulation of one’s self ? I mean , saying that I’m self-delusional to prove to myself that I doubt myself to prove that my intentions are genuine to other people till finally arriving at the desired conclusion ? Kind of paradoxical lol

But wouldn’t that be an incredible manipulation of one’s self ? I mean , saying that I’m self-delusional to prove to myself that I doubt myself to prove that my intentions are genuine to other people till finally arriving at the desired conclusion ? Kind of paradoxical lol

But realising that it may be so, it means that you perceive yourself objectively, and then reach outside of yourself for information and confirmation. That screams Fe to me. The seeming paradox is merely superficial, but when you look at the functions, it becomes clear as day :)

But realising that it may be so, it means that you perceive yourself objectively, and then reach outside of yourself for information and confirmation. That screams Fe to me. The seeming paradox is merely superficial, but when you look at the functions, it becomes clear as day :)
Thanks alot , I really appreciate your help and sorry for taking so much of your time ( see , the Fe is real :) )

Thanks alot , I really appreciate your help and sorry for taking so much of your time ( see , the Fe is real :) )

It's no big deal. It's nice to be appreciated.

I'd have to research the proper implications of having Fe-Ni instead of Ni-Fe, but at the moment it's more of a feeling. I believe that Fe-doms are more concerned with managing appearances while Ni-doms' Fe is concerned with impressions and motives.

Your enneagram is a hint. Isn't 4w5 a common INFJ type? I thought ENFJs often type as enneagram type 2?

The best way to differentiate between ENFJ and INFJ would be researching how Ni and Fe expresses itself depending on where it is located in the function stack, and by looking at what inferior function you identify with. Inferior Ti vs Inferior Se 'should be' quite easy to find out.

I have found this website to be quite illuminating for finding your inferior function:
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/119442161307/accurate-typing-the-inferior-function

http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/theory#infsene
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/theory#inftifi

Reactions: Ren and Ginny