[INFJ] Migraines!!!

Remy Z

Regular Poster
Nov 12, 2017
MBTI
Infj
Migraines suck!
I have them.
Not often and not really bad most of the time.
How about you all? How often, and how do you deal with them?

Reactions: SuperManda and Free
Migraines suck!
I have them.
Not often and not really bad most of the time.
How about you all? How often, and how do you deal with them?
I've had them off and on all my life. They do seem to be more frequent in the last few years.
Excedrin usually works for me. Not always. It sours my stomach for the day even with food.
Going to a chiropractor once or twice a month seems to help too.

Reactions: Free
I get them often. My bf's mom is really into oils for healing. I mostly think naturopath stuff is nonsense. However she gave me a blend of peppermint, lavender and marjoram and I decided to try it by adding a drop on each temple and my forehead. But it really helped! It dulled a pretty horrific migraine I was having recently. I also find green tea helps a bit, and then of course just resting in the dark.

Hope you find the cause and some relief. And talk to your doc about it if you haven't already, especially if they are increasing in frequency.

Last edited:
I get them often. My bf's mom is really into oils for healing. I mostly think naturopath stuff is nonsense. However she gave me a blend of peppermint, lavender and marjoram and I decided to try it by adding a drop on each temple and my forehead. It really helped! It dulled a pretty horrific migraine I was having recently. I also find green tea helps a bit, and then of course just resting in the dark.

Hope you find the cause and some relief. And talk to your doc about it if you haven't already, especially if they are increasing in frequency.
I sometimes use a mint based sports rub, Biofreez, on migraines too.
My cat tries to lick it off! It's got cat nip in it also.:smilecat:

Reactions: Free, Wyote and acd
Acd, I've been meaning to ask you; isn't Baba Yaga an aborigine monster? Like a world destroyer? I'm going to look it up!
To the Google Cave!

Kind of like coyote in Native American folklore.
Some tribes have him as all evil.
Others have him as Trickster and bringer of good things. Sometimes coyote is the one who gave fire to man.

Reactions: Free and Wyote
Kind of like coyote in Native American folklore.
Some tribes have him as all evil.
Others have him as Trickster and bringer of good things. Sometimes coyote is the one who gave fire to man.
I'm reading a bit about it now! I'm not very familiar with Native American folklore. I'm interested in characters like that, who aren't entirely good or evil, because I think it speaks to the complexity of human nature.

I'm reading a bit about it now! I'm not very familiar with Native American folklore. I'm interested in characters like that, who aren't entirely good or evil, because I think it speaks to the complexity of human nature.
Most tribes have their own websites. It's best, whenever possible, to read what they've written about themselves.
NOT what other people have written about them. There are a lot of misconseptions written by non-native folks who assume all tribes are the same. They are not!
Sorry pet peeves! I'm Cherokee by the way. No two tribes are the same. Some are close tho.

Reactions: Free, acd and Wyote
Most tribes have their own websites. It's best, whenever possible, to read what they've written about themselves.
NOT what other people have written about them. There are a lot of misconseptions written by non-native folks who assume all tribes are the same. They are not!
Sorry pet peeves! I'm Cherokee by the way. No two tribes are the same. Some are close tho.
Can you link any sites?

www.cherokee.org is how I keep up with the tribe and the Cherokee Phoenix e-news paper.
Yaaaaah... Um...
Here's where I admit that I don't know how to do links, cut, & paste.....
My computer skills are pretty basic. Almost non-existent.
Other then my phone and x-box, I don't have a regular computer. I do use a computer a little at work. Data entry mostly.
I got my first smartphone 4 months ago. I think I've figured out the basics. Telephone, music, movies, and even video calls!
Feeling inadequate. Lol
Most tribal websites I've looked at are thetribsname.org.

Eh, I feel like I'm interrupting a very interesting back and forth here about mythology.

Anyway... Migraines suck! I used to have them. Result of years and years of physically storing negative emotions in my body. What helped was clomiparime, and later therapy. Tricyclics help against all sorts of neuropathic pain. Goodbye migraines. :)

My favorite Trickster is of course Cherokee. He's Tsisdu it means rabbit. Tsisdu sounds like, Gee S doo.
He's rarely mean, just onry. Friendly. Curious. But still a fearless warrior when pushed!
I think he was used to teach moral ideas and life lessons to kids.
I have to say I'm not an expert on native cultures. Or even Cherokee culture. I wasn't raised in it. I've done what I could to learn more and take part in the tribe.
Cherokees seem to mostly be secular/ modern. I've only met a few who practice "traditional" tribal religion. A lot of traditions have been lost or taken away one way or another.
I get the idea that some folks are trying to make up and fill in gaps in traditional memory. At least where tribal religion is concerned.
Twice off topic! I could go on and on.
One last thing on this.
I've ALWAYS been proud that Cherokee's always seem to ADAPT and SURVIVE!

Reactions: Free, acd and Wyote
Eh, I feel like I'm interrupting a very interesting back and forth here about mythology.

Anyway... Migraines suck! I used to have them. Result of years and years of physically storing negative emotions in my body. What helped was clomiparime, and later therapy. Tricyclics help against all sorts of neuropathic pain. Goodbye migraines. :)
I think mine are part allergies and a car wreck.

My favorite Trickster is of course Cherokee. He's Tsisdu it means rabbit.

Awesome. Feel free to PM me about all things trickster gods, it's sorta an obsession of mine. Also if you have questions navigating around here don't hesitate to ask any staff member :)

Also lavender and aspirin are good for headaches as has already been brought up. And water. You'd be surprised how many headaches are actually caused by dehydration. But it does sound like your problem may have more underlying issues than just that. Good luck to you friend!

Migraines! Life's way of making life brighter!
REALLY, REALLY, FECKING BRIGHTER!
:fearscream::sunglasses::tired: lol