Messing around (again) | INFJ Forum

Messing around (again)

Lerxst

Jul 3, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Made this one while recording my 12 string.... a cover of "Hope" by Rush.

[video=youtube_share;Xpp2zcpuE8Y]http://youtu.be/Xpp2zcpuE8Y[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: Jill Hives
Being more authoritative with (and relaxing) your picking hand would probably help you keep the rhythm better. I know picking 12-strings can sometimes be awkward as hell, so sometimes I just go hog-wild and hit all the strings at once and use my left hand to deaden strings that aren't in the chord. It works when you're playing loudly.

Good stuff otherwise, playing Alex Lifeson is always fun.

Being more authoritative with (and relaxing) your picking hand would probably help you keep the rhythm better.

We finally agree on something [MENTION=6650]SealHammer[/MENTION] :)
[MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] , you have a good feel for the music, but indeed i think you should work on your right hand picking with some picking exercises to loosen it up.

I used to be a guitar teacher :)

Well... crap. I took something like 20 takes and the one I uploaded was the wrong one. Too late to root around for the right one at the moment but I'll upload that one tomorrow.

Stay tuned (pun intended).....

Aw, you took it down. I liked it.

While maybe I agree with the above comments, I must also say I feel that perfect music belongs in an elevator.

Improve technique insofar that it helps you express better and more elaborately. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much - beating around on a guitar is some times the best music.

It's back up, only with the version I intended to put on here (note the Rush shirt :)). Although I do have to get used to the D Major tuning; very forgiving on open notes, not so forgiving on chords.

Last edited: