Memory | INFJ Forum

Memory

Haha! That's awesome! Thanks for adding a little bit more knowledge to my day.

One of these days I'm going to start a thread about memory.

Bad memory heh. We tend to remember emotional states and intuitive responses... which helps for squat when you need to call up a name/face/where you put your key/birthdays.. :)

Omgosh. I am horrible at remembering faces/names and the likes.
One time, I forgot one of my best friend's birthday. I felt so horrible. =(
This is an INFJ trait? o-o

We tend to remember emotional states and intuitive responses... which helps for squat when you need to call up a name/face/where you put your key/birthdays.. :)
Interesting...I wonder if this also comes into play when one is faced with the prospect of presenting empirical evidence in minute detail on a belief or value. Yes, I know what I am talking about, but I can't (nor am I interested in) putting my finger on every citation, date, or exact wording. I would appear much more intelligent is I could actually remember half the stuff I know. Fortunately, I don't feel particularly compelled to appear like anything.

Bad memory heh. We tend to remember emotional states and intuitive responses... which helps for squat when you need to call up a name/face/where you put your key/birthdays.. :)

This makes sense. I tend to remember people more because of their effect on my emotional state due to the experiences i had with them. I don't remember details that well. Never realized that until now. I may not remember someone's name, but i remember who they are - personality, the effect they had, etc.

This makes sense. I tend to remember people more because of their effect on my emotional state due to the experiences i had with them. I don't remember details that well. Never realized that until now. I may not remember someone's name, but i remember who they are - personality, the effect they had, etc.

^ this!

that sounds exactly like me, except for the faces thing, i can remember faces most of the time, but yeah i'm horrible with names, birthdays, where i put stuff, etc.

I forget everything. I forget who I talked to and what was said. I forget if I put the milk in the fridge, or where I put my keys. I've forgotten friends before. I have forgotten 90% of the classes I've ever taken. I definitely forget names and life stories.

My memory scares me, but this is how I've always been. It's not like it's getting any worse, and has gotten slightly better. I force myself to stay in routines. That way, I usually never leave the house without forgetting to put on deodorant or brushing my teeth. Usually.

But I have learned something odd about myself. I have a touch memory. If I've touched it, I tend to remember it. Now I'm trying to work that into my patterns too. If I screw up a routine, I will forget the routine, and everything goes to heck. The doctors tested me and said I was fine. They claim it could be PTSD, but I don't buy it. Why would I remember horrible things so vividly and good things so weakly? And normal things generally not at all? I really think it's got to be the touch thing.

But I'm glad other INFJ's share some of the same memory problems!

Last edited:
But I have learned something odd about myself. I have a touch memory. If I've touched it, I tend to remember it. Now I'm trying to work that into my patterns too. If I screw up a routine, I will forget the routine, and everything goes to heck. The doctors tested me and said I was fine. They claim it could be PTSD, but I don't buy it. Why would I remember horrible things so vividly and good things so weakly? I really think it's got to be the touch thing.

Routine is based on understanding or belief that something is personally understood or connected in a particular order, and is not a discrete set of events. In other words, the order of completing the events is just as if not more important than the task or event. This is why if one thing changes in the routine, it throws you off. It happens to me as well.

Last edited:
I forget everything. I forget who I talked to and what was said. I forget if I put the milk in the fridge, or where I put my keys. I've forgotten friends before. I have forgotten 90% of the classes I've ever taken. I definitely forget names and life stories.

My memory scares me, but this is how I've always been. It's not like it's getting any worse, and has gotten slightly better. I force myself to stay in routines. That way, I usually never leave the house without forgetting to put on deodorant or brushing my teeth. Usually.

But I have learned something odd about myself. I have a touch memory. If I've touched it, I tend to remember it. Now I'm trying to work that into my patterns too. If I screw up a routine, I will forget the routine, and everything goes to heck. The doctors tested me and said I was fine. They claim it could be PTSD, but I don't buy it. Why would I remember horrible things so vividly and good things so weakly? And normal things generally not at all? I really think it's got to be the touch thing.

But I'm glad other INFJ's share some of the same memory problems!

Moxie, as for the touch thing, you're probably just a kinesthetic/tactile learner, it doesn't have to be PTSD.

Thread moved, as per request.

Carry on :)

Thanks Indigo!

I never knew that bad memory might be an INFJ thing. That is so cool. I wonder how that works though? Is it bad memory with everything, or bad memory with certain, unorganized things?

I forgot what I was going to post...:m197:

......OH YEA...my memory stinks! seriously!

Yes, I have terrible memory..I often forget my stuff, and I'm very messy..I'm glad I''m not alone here xD..I thought hat as more of an INFP thing but I guess I have both INFJ and INFP characteristics.

I have the worst memory, you all guys have photographic memory compared to me. It can come into an advantage sometimes on the other hand, I get over fights and arguments really quick since I don't remember what we fought about. Unfortunaely, I have the memory of stick.

Why am I here?

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!