Melancholy?

PastelpinkPuppy

Regular Poster
Jul 10, 2017
Singapore
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Im a melancholy person, and i do enjoy sad things sometimes. Im sure enneagram 4s and infps resonate with this as well. One of the heavy feelings i get is through songs and lana del rey who's an infp really brings out my emotions through her songs. Particularly "Ride", that song is full of feelings of mystery and sadness yet capturing my every attention. Feels like her path is very sad yet has a dreamy vibe and a touch of seriousness to it. The mood of the song and how she picked her words usually makes me tear or tremble with emotions.
Isnt it wonderful how songs can sound so mysterious and can touch a person? There arent many sad songs out there that can actually make me this touched like LDR's songs. It's full of passion at every corner.
Do enneagram 4s resonate with her songs? And what are other songs that are sad yet making you feel compelled to move nearer?

Do enneagram 4s resonate with her songs? And what are other songs that are sad yet making you feel compelled to move nearer?
I listen to Lana Del Rey. My favorite song by her is called 'Money, Power, Glory.' Frankly, it's about badly desiring Money, Power, and Glory.

My second favorite song by her is called National Anthem. My favorite line in the song, "Money is anthem of success."

These songs by her resonate with my values and what's important to me.

I feel like it's one of the strongest feelings. People like to feel something, the more the better obviously. It's more like a drug to cling on something like that. It's very destructive at it's "best". It destroys all the rest of them when met with something so powerful.

One of my all time most played tracks:

Nowadays there are times I get to feel it yet again, but I know it not to be something I should never ever cling on again.

I feel like it's one of the strongest feelings. People like to feel something, the more the better obviously. It's more like a drug to cling on something like that. It's very destructive at it's "best". It destroys all the rest of them when met with something so powerful.

Nowadays there are times I get to feel it yet again, but I know it not to be something I should never ever cling on again.

Melancholy is one of those emotions which put me in such a dark mood that I need to surround myself with happy-sad things in order to cleanse myself and let the feeling pass. Otherwise it can get ugly.

The song is one of the better ones and it's certainly the best version, but I have grown weary of it a long time ago. Overexposure. I can think of three alternatives which are still by the same artist. Perhaps 4.

I listen to Lana Del Rey. My favorite song by her is called 'Money, Power, Glory.' Frankly, it's about badly desiring Money, Power, and Glory.

My second favorite song by her is called National Anthem. My favorite line in the song, "Money is anthem of success."

Can i ask u what are some of your values and how strong are they?
Oh yes i also agree with national anthem, that's one catchy song and i used to hear it all the time besides "video games".

Reactions: Free

Ooh i like this song, ive only ever heard parts of it last time but never knew the name. Thanks bud i'll download it now lol

Reactions: Free
Pretty sure I am 4w5, and I love Lana Del Rey.

This is one of my favorite melancholy songs (and one of my favorite songs period).

From wiki:
In a statement released by his publicist, Manson said the video used the Kennedy assassination "as a metaphor for America's obsession and worship of violence. My statement was always intended to make people think of how they view and sometimes participate in these events." Further, the video "is in no way a mockery. In fact, it is a tribute to men like Jesus Christ and JFK who have died at the hands of mankind's unquenchable thirst for violence."

He said that when he filmed the video, "little did I know that the tragedy at Columbine and the accidental death of JFK Jr. would follow. But it was telling to see the [news] media shamelessly gorge itself on these events, which ultimately made my observations in the video even truer than I had originally imagined."

As my taste in music differs very much from yours I have to resort to different means. I take to funny stuff, animation series/films, and when it's serious the only things that can help are the Gillies and Jessica Day, my favourite TV heroines. Their effect lasts longer than a song's.

Reactions: PastelpinkPuppy

Reactions: Wyote