MBTI types and stress

Matariki

Donor
Sep 30, 2009
MBTI
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Do you think that being your MBTI type has a impact on how you deal with stress and, or how much stress you deal with on a day to day basis?

From your perspective/observation, how does stress affect each MBTI type and how is it dealt with?

And lastly, how do you deal with your own stress?​

It will be interesting to see if any patterns occur. :m083:

I am not sure if my specefic responses to stress are driven by my MBTI type, but in a broader sense it is. I tend to internalize everything and not show it to the outside world. So much so that I often don't know how to show it at all consciously even if I tried. Usually it will manifest itself as somataform type symptoms that I often don't even understand myself.

I don't know about other types, but I tell myself, one step at a time, one step after the other. That is usually enough. Any problem can be solved one step at a time, one step after the other.

And if it reaches critical mass, if it is just too much, I try distance first. I distance myself from the situation or person that is causing the stress. And if that doesn't work, then I reach a state of emotional detachment. I call it going cold. All feelings just go away. poof. Complete lack of empathy, which is often my main cause of stress in the first place. In that state I start changing the situation with uncaring precision. I don't often get there, and it's not a state you want me to reach if you are the cause of me being stressed.

As much as it is a relief to go cold then, I try very hard not to.

I'm sort of with Praefect on this one.

I tend to avoid the stressor when I am under stress, for as long as I can, but somedays, it's just too much, and that is when my Ti tells my Fe to take a hike for the day. And my Se works overtime as well.

I don't want to be around anyone on those days, but I will do pretty much anything.

Then When I am calmed down, I deal with it little by little.

I mean, I guess it does. But for me, it depends on where the stress is coming from. If someone else is the cause, I'll do a minor explosion on them. If I'm not careful, I'll get really passive-agressive in a not-so-subtle way, but it's in such a way that I wouldn't hesitate to discuss it if my behavior was called into question.

Usually, however, it is my own doing and I deal with as much of the problem as I can before distancing myself with unrelated fantasies.