• Total voters

jimtaylor

On Holiday
May 19, 2010
MBTI
No Need
Enneagram
Yup
I am curious as to if there is a correlation between personality type and birth month. Environmental influences have an influence on us from an early age and I recently saw a little factoid stating that the highest percentage of psychopaths are born in January. Still a minimal number and I question the integrity of the factoid but still interesting none the less. It got me thinking, does the month in which we are born have an influence on personality due to environmental factors like having to spend more time indoors if born during winter months (northern hemisphere)?

So I will start of, May - INTJ(Most likely).

May.

And I have been accused of being an INTJ and an INFJ.

Well interesting trend so far... 3/3 on May births. :)

October and INFP.

Any correlation would likely be merely coincidental.

April INFJ
fucked up the stats sorry

It’s the other way around.

I swapped it only because hushy was a potato before having a definitive answer of INFJ. It's like the chicken and the egg, which came first? The potato. :p

Any correlation would likely be merely coincidental.

In this small of a pool, yes, but studies have been done looking into birth month and personality and there may be correlation. As we know correlation does not equal causation but it may have merit. If you look at it from a historical standpoint, it could make sense. Imagine before electricity, heating, etc... Being born in the middle of winter. The likelihood of surviving would be lower for both the parent and the child. Due to the weather and also scarcity of resources. This might create an environment that is a bit tougher than Spring through Fall were resources are greater. There are also studies done regarding our earliest contact with parental figures and it's effect on secure attachment. Early parenting seems to have an impact on our personalities. So again, there might be different parenting styles between children born in winter and the warmer months. Even in the modern world this would be true where there are some people who suffer from seasonal depression. Imagine having a parent who gets extremely depressed in the winter. It could have an impact on a child born during that time and not receiving the same attention that a child born outside of that time. There is a lot of speculation (as is the case with pretty much all personality theory) but I do find it fascinating. Though flawed, it is worth exploring.

Reactions: Free
INFP, December, born in the Pacific Southwest. This will be interesting to see the outcome. :)