Permanent Fixture
May 2, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
I came across this image and thought it was rather interesting:

wheel&MBTI.jpg

Article: http://philosopherswheel.com/mbti.html

Interesting. I fell into the INFJ area. 20R 42S

I scored 40R/29M, which is somewhere between ENTJ and ESTJ. It's an interesting test, but I must admit I don't really understand what it has to do with personality types.

14R/8S

As Gktr said, not really seeing the correlation between this and MBTI. It seems the author of the article did a lot of association by type descriptions and not on type functions, which would explain why his placement of the types on the chart is all janky and haphazard. I'm especially enjoying how he decided to link together extraversion and materialism, as though the two aren't mutually exclusive.

14R/8S

As Gktr said, not really seeing the correlation between this and MBTI.

How so? What is inaccurate? I see correlation in how the different theory patterns are overlaid.

It seems the author of the article did a lot of association by type descriptions and not on type functions, which would explain why his placement of the types on the chart is all janky and haphazard.

How do you figure? He used math. :/

I'm especially enjoying how he decided to link together extraversion and materialism, as though the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Where do you see this? He said they were not synonymous here:

Introvert-Extravert (I/E) relates to some extent to Spiritualist-Materialist (S/M) on the Wheel. This is because the spirit is found by turning within, which is what Introverts do. Introverts are supposed to be interested in ideas and dreams. Extraverts are more active in what Jung calls "the outer world," which is also the material or physical world. Spiritualists have an "unworldly attitude" while Materialists "seek their treasure in the things of this world." There is a difference between the two questionnaires, however. For MBTI the "outer world" consists mostly of other people, and the questions elicit your preference for spending time with people or alone. This is not quite the same as "materialism" or the reverse. Many scientists spend much time alone in research, but still have a materialist view of the world. Many spiritualists may find the spirit in other people as well as within themselves. So the correlation can only be approximate. There is a conceptual or archetypal connection between E/I and S/M, but it doesn't necessarily work in practice. So if you score as an introvert on MBTI, you MAY incline toward spiritualism, but the correlation rate between such scores may only be slightly above-average.

Last edited:
Here are a couple more interesting overlay wheels from the same site:

enneagramwheelwithmbti.jpg

circleofphilosophy.jpg

And I find this particularly intriguing:

wisdomwheel.jpg

What are your thoughts [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]?

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54
I thought it said Whee! when I first looked at it. I was like, ooh...this sounds fun! :lol:

I'll check it out later though. It looks bamboozling and I have to head out soon.

Here are a couple more interesting overlay wheels from the same site:

And I find this particularly intriguing:

wisdomwheel.jpg

What are your thoughts @Kgal and @Serenity ?

Oy.... this stuff makes my head hurt. :tongue:.... especially since I cracked my skull and had a concussion over a week ago.

I'm not sure what to think - except I resonated with the image I left in your quoted text above. For some reason that one makes visual sense - yet I can not explain into words why it does.

As for spiritually..... I think each and every person who goes on a spiritual journey will have experiences and identify frameworks that are right for them. Since we are Energy beings in human bodies - we will naturally have intersecting commonalities in how we experience our selves. The Wisdom Wheel combined many schools of thought on the spiritual journey into one.

At the beginning of 2012 I was told that I think too much. From then on I "practiced" not thinking and focused on my emotions.... ie. ....what did I feel and where in my body did it manifest.

I had an emotional reaction to the image above....

Did/Do you?

What do you feel when you look at the image? Where in your body do you feel it?

I felt familiarity, because a lot of it makes sense, the connections.

My oly reservation is that the directions of the Medicine Wheel vary slightly by tribe.