MBTI date/mate filter | INFJ Forum

MBTI date/mate filter

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
Do you use MBTI for mate selection? I just went through my dating history, ex-girlfriends etc. and I realized that I have good chemistry with these types: ENFP ENFJ INFJ ENTP.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would if I had more dates.

I am having a good time with my current ESFJ right now.

I do use it to an extent that I hesitate to ask my ex who I generally despise to take the test, because if it comes up INTJ I would probably marry him! :m051:

No, I do not.

From another thread:

• a 3:2 ratio of introverts, intuitives, thinkers, and perceivers to extroverts, sensors, feelers, and judgers
  • 1 part SJ, 1 part SP, 2 parts NT, and 1 part NF
  • 7 total MBTI types

As things came to pass, the best is the last

nope, I used to think I was too much of a smart ass for feeler types. Like a smart mouth and a(n innocently) flirtatious nature seemed like a recipe for disaster for any feeler dude. Like I'd break them. I used to keep it all NT (or some form of T) all the time. But now... wow. It's rilly rilly nice. INFJ+INFJ FTW.

Reactions: Puck
On one hand I've dated the type that I was supposed to be with, MBTI wise, and enjoyed it, and on the other hand I've dated the type I'm supposed to stay away from and enjoyed it. I've considered dating girls that were ENFP, INFP, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, INFJ, and ISFP. I have a preference but I don't think it's mbti related.

No. I look at other things when considering an
exclusive relationship.

Every MBTI date/mate filter test I've taken always responds with "Error"....

Reactions: uuu
50% of my past girlfriends have been INTJ's. But I didn't consciously seek them out with typology screening - it just happened that way. The other half have been assorted INxx's.

But, anyway - no. Using MBTI to select mates is fucking retarded.

Do you use MBTI for mate selection? I just went through my dating history, ex-girlfriends etc. and I realized that I have good chemistry with these types: ENFP ENFJ INFJ ENTP.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not as an end all be all, for sure; but I observe that I get along with some better than others.

I've only been in two, nonserious relationships. Neither of them even had a personality, so I really can't say. I've been attracted to INTJs.

But, anyway - no. Using MBTI to select mates is fucking retarded.

Disagree. I've realized that communication with dates who were Sensing types was really difficult.

And this not only applies to dates, but also friends: Recently I went out with an ENFP friend and we joined a group of other NFs. The moment we sat down, it was all about imagining new things. I can not have that kind of conversation with my Sensing type friends.

Disagree. I've realized that communication with dates who were Sensing types was really difficult.

And this not only applies to dates, but also friends: Recently I went out with an ENFP friend and we joined a group of other NFs. The moment we sat down, it was all about imagining new things. I can not have that kind of conversation with my Sensing type friends.

You're making the fundamental mistake of equating sensing to unimaginative.

Edit: This is why you shouldn't let MBTI influence who you choose as a partner, because no matter how much you know about MBTI you will never have it figured. Basically, people will still surprise you.

This speaks more to your communication and conversation skills in general than it does the nature of people who type

Reactions: 88chaz88
I don't reason out whom I am attracted to. My last few crushes have been, in order: ISTJ, ESTP, ESTP, ESTP, ESFP.

You are correct in assuming that there is a correlation between type and compatibility, but like [MENTION=2495]88chaz88[/MENTION] said, people will always surprise you despite the numerous boxes and labels you put them under, because they're still free-flowing and develop and adapt and learn, just as you continue to adapt and learn. You never know how much someone is willing to compromise for you even if they are not like you. Give people the benefit of doubt.

INFJs are great except for this little thing they do. Trying to get inside my head. Don't. It makes me livid. I don't use MBTI btw so I can't really say what other types are a good match. I have no confidence in "cold-typing".

Reactions: aeon
I can't say that I have ever used MBTI for dating. I generally stick with a "no" and the only thing my bf's have had in common is persistence.

people will always surprise you despite the numerous boxes and labels you put them under, because they're still free-flowing and develop and adapt and learn, just as you continue to adapt and learn.

Yes, I agree with that, but it's inefficient. Why find out whether it could work out with an ESFP (say 1 out of 10) when I know it will most likely work with an INFJ (6-7 out of 10)? Even if it's only 2 out of 10, it'd still be higher.

I will fall for whoever I fall for, but to be honest I have started to avoid INTJs as romantic partners. Although, all my friends are either INTJ or ENFP.. without fail, but this is not my choosing, it just happens that way.

Last edited: