MBTI as tool for better understanding | INFJ Forum

MBTI as tool for better understanding

Jana

Searching...
Apr 18, 2009
MBTI
infj
It was fun yesterday, I spoke to one coworker about books. Then come third person that I don't know well and said something like "I don't like reading" Before, I would probably be horrified by that fact, now we continued talking...
Me: It's ok, everyone has own way of relaxing (I am working on my tolerance:)
Coworker (young woman, rathter atlhetic type of person): As a child and now I could not be at peace, I have to do something active.
Me (processing, spontananously putting pieces of puzzle and thinking how that coworker must be some kind of SP acording to dress style and just said things)....: I bet you played with boys as child and played sports..
Coworker (with smile, probably astonished by my mambo jumbo:): Yes, yes, always...
ISTP or maybe ESTP, but more I, I guess...
So, what is the point of this post (except me showing off:)?
I am always glade when I see how knowing basics of MBTI can helps us to recognize and understand better others. Knowing the way someone "works" can be useful in making people feel better and happier. It is just matter of using special language for every type or at least every temperament...

Reactions: rawr and Gaze
The lack of closing parentheses makes me cry.

But I somewhat agree besides that

I think MBTI has changed the way i look at people and relationships. The things I would've missed or failed to understand because of low self awareness or understanding of the differences in other people would've made it harder for me to relate to people as individuals rather than lump them in one category - humans, expecting them to act or think the same. I'm much more aware of the differences between people, beyond the simple choices we make to do or be someone or something. And it's made me more aware of myself and traits which i didn't realize were innate. It helps you to see beyond the surface.