MBTI and work related psychological tests

IrenaShav

Regular Poster
Jan 3, 2011
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
Type 6
Do you think that employers are looking for employees of certain MBTI type when they make applicants solve psychological tests prior to hiring them? How much do you think employers take MBTI type into consideration when hiring people for a certain workplace?

Do you think that ESTJ are the predominant type in most of large business companies? If not, what type would you say is predominant, if any is at all?

I'm terrible at "typing" people in the real world but it's been my experience that extroverted people seem to climb the ladder of success pretty quick. Most of my jobs required a psych test. I sometimes wonder what they do with that information but usually I'm so excited about the job that I forget all about the tests I took to get there.

Do you think that employers are looking for employees of certain MBTI type when they make applicants solve psychological tests prior to hiring them? How much do you think employers take MBTI type into consideration when hiring people for a certain workplace?

Do you think that ESTJ are the predominant type in most of large business companies? If not, what type would you say is predominant, if any is at all?

Yes, but they most certainly should NOT do so.

Do you think that employers are looking for employees of certain MBTI type when they make applicants solve psychological tests prior to hiring them?
It is safe to assume they are. But that depends on the employer, and that is questionably legal.

How much do you think employers take MBTI type into consideration when hiring people for a certain workplace?
Again, that depends on the employer.

On the