MBTI and Astrological Signs | INFJ Forum

MBTI and Astrological Signs

Pierre

Three
Jun 6, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I have been under the impression that the INFJ personality type corresponds very closely to the astrological sign Pisces. I myself am an INFJ Pisces, more specifically near a cusp. While astrology may be viewed as unscientific, I have always wondered whether there may be some correlations between MBTI and astrological signs. With the vast number of INFJs here, I hope to hear some of your insights.

I think you it's stupid to even consider that the date of your birth has something to do with how your personality develops. I myself am gemini and I am nothing like the sign. Geminis are supposed to be very outgoing, sociable, extroverts, talkative and energetic. I'm the polar opposite of that.

Reactions: Pin and hunnybee143
I believe we already have a thread on this topic.
I say, keep in mind that there is more to your chart than your sun sign. Your moon, rising, and even some of your planetary signs also play a role in your day to day behaviour and personality.

Ex: A Pisces with a Virgo moon would behave significantly different than one with say, a moon in Sagittarius (yikes lol).

To answer your question, I have met relatively few infj pisceans. Most of the female ones I know are Taureans or Geminis or Cancers

Most ENFPs/INFPs I have met were Pisces/Cancers.

I avoid associating astrology and mbti with each other for these reasons :)

Anywho:

Sun: Taurus
Moon: Scorpio
Rising: Aquarius

Last edited:
Reactions: Freyja and Sandie33
Why wouldn't date of birth be able to affect our personalities? For instance, someone born in December starts going to elementary school almost a year before someone born in January.

Reactions: the
So ... what am I, astrologically.

Sun in Sagittarius
Moon in Leo
Ascendant in Libra

The INFJness, from my understanding, comes from the Libra ascendant. Libra's are Fe's with Ni's, concentrating on the social interaction a lot and being excellent diplomats and occasionally manipulators, but Libra ascendants however tend to get exhausted after a while, leading them to withdrawing to seclusion in order to recharge.

What I also do know is that your personality also matters depending on the planetary positions when and where you were born, and that they can also have a great influence on your personality.

However, Astrology isn't proven science, it is intriguing to see how the astrologer guesses things about you, but at the end of the day there is nothing solid to point out a comprehensive proof for planetary effects on human personality at birth, or at least that is what I do know.

I am hesitant to put too much credence on astrology but when I look at the description of my personality using my whole birth chart it is eerily accurate in a way that I don't how it could possibly be by chance.

Sun Pisces
Ascendant Libra
Moon Aries

Sun in Capricorn
Moon Leo

Not sure, i wouldn't dare to make a correlation between MBTI and Astrology. Different perspectives, different approach. Looking at my chart i can see some aspects that make me think of me being an INFJ, but i wouldn't extend that to other people and make a generalization out of it.
Sun Scorpio
Moon Aries
Asc Aquarius

There's nothing of importance placed in Pisces in my chart btw.

how the heck do you find out your moon?

Reactions: Shaqie
oh! Found it!

I am a Cancer, with a moon in Aries!

Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus Orb:0
Sun Cancer 0.22 Ascendant Virgo 3.50
Moon Aries 1.38 II Virgo 26.16
Mercury Gemini 28.30 III Libra 24.17
Venus Cancer 1.55 IV Scorpio 27.52
Mars Scorpio 11.43 V Capricorn 3.37
Jupiter Capricorn 9.07 R VI Aquarius 6.09
Saturn Scorpio 10.05 R VII Pisces 3.50
Uranus Sagittarius 10.46 R VIII Pisces 26.16
Neptune Capricorn 0.03 R IX Aries 24.17
Pluto Libra 29.24 R Midheaven Taurus 27.52
Lilith Pisces 21.29 XI Cancer 3.37
Asc node Gemini 6.32 XII Leo 6.09

I now know everything I would ever need to know about myself!

...now to figure out what it means..

Last edited:
Meh, all I know is that all signs in my horoscope point to me being a zodiac airhead. I'm the mbti airhead too. But that's more coincidence, I think.

Sun: Pisces
Rising: Aquarius
Moon: Libra

Reactions: jyrffw54
I'm a Pisces and I approve this message.

I did check the other bits before but I can't remember what they said.

Sun - Taurus
Moon - Leo
Ascending - Leo
Midheaven - Taurus

Reactions: jyrffw54
Why wouldn't date of birth be able to affect our personalities? For instance, someone born in December starts going to elementary school almost a year before someone born in January.

Oops, what I meant so say was that the position of planets on your date of birth has nothing to do with your personality. It's sometimes hard to get your point across when you're not writing in your native language. I don't get my thoughts together in English. Sorry!

Sun: Gemini
Moon: Virgo
Ascending: Leo
MC (whatever that is) Aries.

I think I am ENTJ.

Sun: Libra
Ascending: Scorpio
Moon: Capricorn

''Rising Sign is in 13 Degrees Scorpio
You tend to be quiet, reserved, secretive and, at times, quite difficult to understand. Others notice your deep emotions and feelings and wonder how to draw you out. Stubborn and tough, you fight for any position you believe in. You are very resourceful and formidable when you become angered or upset about something. You enjoy living life at the cutting edge -- for you life must be experienced intensely and totally. Quite courageous, you are willing to take calculated risks. Easily hurt by others, you often strike back with bitter sarcasm. Sensitive and curious, you are concerned with the deeper mysteries of human psychology. Once you have become interested in any subject, you pursue it with total fanaticism.

Sun is in 27 Degrees Libra.
Very sociable, you enjoy being with others and definitely prefer not be alone. Warm and affectionate, you go out of your way to make others like you. You despise ugliness, for you being surrounded by beauty and harmony is a necessity of life. You prefer fine clothing, an attractive home and pleasant surroundings wherever you are. Your refined tastes apply to music and to art as well. At times, you are very indecisive you waver and falter when forced to make a choice because you have the ability to see both sides of any question. The positive part of this is that you are very fair-minded and can be trusted to settle disputes. Your greatest challenge is to take any one- on-one encounter and make the most of it.

Moon is in 15 Degrees Capricorn.
You are serious and shy and very uncomfortable in those situations where spontaneous and exuberant emotional reactions seem called for. An achiever, you prefer doing practical, worthwhile things that produce tangible results. You need role models to respect, love and emulate. You tend to feel that you're a failure unless you get an important and highly respected position in life. Don't be so hard on yourself! For you, practical needs always win out over emotional considerations. Remember that you too have the right to comfort, security and love. Dutiful and patient, when you make an emotional commitment, you sign on for the long haul -- your love is long- enduring.''

Hmm... I love these free astrology birth chart sites! Because it's so hard to know all about the houses and their positions, who is living where, lol.

I'm not sure do I believe in astrology but it's surely interesting as MBTI anyway. :)

I am an INFJ with sun in Aquarius, moon in Capricorn, and rising/ascendant in Taurus.

Though this thread has been over for a while, I'd like to add a bit in case anyone comes across it as I have just done. I have been interested in astrology and personality quizzes (such as MBTI) for many years. I am beginning to realize that because there is so much variation among humans, they cannot be identified solely by one zodiac sign or one personality type. I think that all of us are our sun and moon signs (and possibly our other signs too), combined with our MBTI type and all of the other personality types (such as enneagram), too. The more zodiac signs and personality types that we use to identify ourselves, the closer we come to fully capturing our personalities. We aren't just one thing; we're all of them combined. There is too much variation for all of us to be the same, even within the same zodiac sign or personality type. I hope this has given you something to think about and really consider!

Typology along with astrology are all categories invented by humans. Let us not forget that Isabella Briggs Myers was never a psychologist even though her work was developed off the work of Carl Jung. She is still a lay person in the field of psychology; as likewise any tarot card reader can develop a personality assessment off the work of an astrologer.

This topic brings to mind the Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. A pop psychology book regarding birth order and the like. Personality is a fluid, always changing product of culture pysical and environmental outcomes. No two people with the same typology or astrological signs will ever be exactly alike. Personality is the fingerprint of the ego therefore it is impossible to deploy the scientific method to determine the accuracy of either MBTI, .Enneagram, Sun Signs, Chakras, or any other personality assessment thought up and categorized.

Reactions: Sandie33