Massacre of Christians in Egypt. | INFJ Forum

Massacre of Christians in Egypt.

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I know the political situation in Egypt is quite complicated so I won't even pretend that the issue is primarily religion, but it bugs me that persecution of religious groups is somehow being tolerated more today across the world because people think that if they don't like what a religion believes or preaches, they should have the right to demean or attack it's believers. Nothing justifies persecuting any religious group however much someone may dislike or hate what they believe or say. Anyone who does this is just as if not more intolerant and is violating the same human and civil rights that they think they are fighting so hard to ensure. Speaking out against a belief is one thing (although I don't support hate speech of any kind), harming people is another.

Reactions: Annabreher
I can remember the fear Christians had in Iraq years ago; did it end? NATO did not think this thing through very well, IMO.

I believe there is justification in persecuting a religious group or any group if they are murdering defenseless people. Doesn't mean I won't forgive them but I sure as hell aint gonna enable them. When they cross the line from speech to criminal action I say bring the thunder.

An eye for an eye until they know you can make them as blind as they make you are works best. Usually people get involved in such simply because they know that there is no consequence.

I agree persecution is wrong and it is sad that people have lost their lives because of ignorance. The world will never live in peace as long as their is specific types of religion that tells it's followers to hate certain types of people.

most religions don't tell there followers to hate anyone, but that isn't the point here. Prayer for the families, Prayer for the persecuters

Our world is interesting, neurotic, and absolutely baffling. I don't understand the point in these so-called "wars on religion". Its complex! Surely there is more to it that a bunch of people saying "My religion is right, yours isn't, so I am going to blow your ass up for thinking differently."

-Anna

most religions don't tell there followers to hate anyone, but that isn't the point here. Prayer for the families, Prayer for the persecuters

Notice that I said SPECIFIC types of religion.

What are these specific types? I assume you mean militant Islam,or are you just going with militants in any specific religion. Like the militants who call themselves Christians or militants who call themselves Hindus. In which case this is more reflective on the individuals and not the religious group as a whole, then you would to need to reword your statement as "there will never be peace so long as there are people who hate certain types of people"

Reactions: the
When I was young, I had the mentality that I should forgive and pray for "sinners" or "bad guys" or whatever you want to call them. Today I'm more interested in protecting victims. The only prayer I have is that these people who are persecuting christians be given a taste of justice.

When I was young, I had the mentality that I should forgive and pray for "sinners" or "bad guys" or whatever you want to call them. Today I'm more interested in protecting victims. The only prayer I have is that these people who are persecuting christians be given a taste of justice.

I hope that we all get a little more merciful.

In the book of Revelation, Christian cry out to God for justice to come to those who have so longed persecuted them. They are not asked to stop, but instead told to wait. Our God is a God of Justice, as such he will lay out judgement on those who have persecuted his people. It is he who will hand out justice and judgement, not Christians, not us. Our God is also one of mercy, he seeks that none should perish and that all would return to him and so his wrath is stayed for a while longer. Also remind yourself that a prayer for justice is a bitter one, for Justice is nothing short of Hell, a Hell that very well could of been for us. Think about what justice means before praying for it, and then if you are sure you'd still want justice, pray for it.

I hope that we all get a little more merciful.

Indeed

The tyranny of the self rightious shall one day pass and the will of man will rise agianst the tyrants that now plauge this world. Untill that day is upon us we can only be vigilant in our asperations to make our world a better place. there is nothing you can do to change what will be, in places we do not live, all we can do is lead by example in our daily lives and give hope to those who have none.

What are these specific types? I assume you mean militant Islam,or are you just going with militants in any specific religion. Like the militants who call themselves Christians or militants who call themselves Hindus. In which case this is more reflective on the individuals and not the religious group as a whole, then you would to need to reword your statement as "there will never be peace so long as there are people who hate certain types of people"

Well from your previous statement you understood me perfectly as you wouldn't have needed to make a suggestion to me on rewording my statement.

But I stand by my statement of " certain types of people hating people " as those people are drawn towards extreme/militant sects of religion, whether they are Islam,Christian or Hindu. But if you're going to go and get in to the whole " guns don't kill people " clich

In the book of Revelation, Christian cry out to God for justice to come to those who have so longed persecuted them. They are not asked to stop, but instead told to wait. Our God is a God of Justice, as such he will lay out judgement on those who have persecuted his people. It is he who will hand out justice and judgement, not Christians, not us. Our God is also one of mercy, he seeks that none should perish and that all would return to him and so his wrath is stayed for a while longer. Also remind yourself that a prayer for justice is a bitter one, for Justice is nothing short of Hell, a Hell that very well could of been for us. Think about what justice means before praying for it, and then if you are sure you'd still want justice, pray for it.

Indeed

Make your mind up, your saying that it's God's job to hand out justice - " It is he who will hand out justice and judgement, not Christians, NOT US."
Then you go on to say - " Think about what justice means before praying for it, and then if you are sure you'd still want justice, pray for it."

What you said was complete contradiction, so what is it?

Let me enlighten you;

Jesus commands us to specifically spread the gospel, to my knowledge he commands us to forgive, just as the father forgave. He commands us to love god with all our hearts and love each other, how is praying for justice and judgement loving someone.

I would recommend looking through your bible, I'm not a scholar of theology but I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't command us to pray for justice.

Matthew 5:6 KJV
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

New Living Translation 2006
God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied.

Ecclesiastes covered this quite well with quite a good ending for leading us in our daily lives. Isaiah also called for justice.

quote animegirl:
I agree persecution is wrong and it is sad that people have lost their lives because of ignorance. The world will never live in peace as long as their is specific types of religion that tells it's followers to hate certain types of people. " unquote

I agree with your statement, but it could possibly be said without the religious context and still have value towards the same goal.

Self-hatred could even cause such grief in the world. There are those with such problems that like to see others like themselves; living in an uncertain world filled with hatred.

One of my favorites I almost forgot from the Old Testament somewhere: A just man falleth seven times, yet standeth back up again.

Last edited:
The term Justice originally denoted righteousness, fairness, equity, impartiality, and harmonious order. Equating it was retribution was a later development. Reconciliation is a greater form of justice than damnation. Justice and mercy are not opposites. Justice cannot exist without mercy.

(The term is revelation 6:10 is vengeance, not justice.)