Male pattern in liking Facebook posts and Skyping | INFJ Forum

Male pattern in liking Facebook posts and Skyping

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I have noticed a trend among my male friends and exes. When we talk on Skype, they rarely like my FB posts. When we don't talk on Skype for a while, they start liking my FB posts. Why is it that they never like both?

Example: I have this male friend that I talk to almost every day on Skype (mostly through writing). He rarely likes my FB posts. However, we went three weeks without talking on Skype recently due to pressures at work and he started liking most of my FB posts. Neither of us was angry at each other. This is a pattern I've noticed with several other men.

I can't speak for them, because I don't skype and I rarely like pictures of others on facebook, but I'd say they see liking as a way to pay compliments and thus get attention.

When you're skyping with them, they don't like your posts or pictures because they have your attention already and they don't feel the need to coax you.

different communication channels.

the decision of one over the other is preference.

preference is predetermined or set by habit.

perhaps this habit is set though him experiencing favorable success with communicating with you through that channel.

I haven't thought about it, but I'm inclined to think this is not a male thing, but probably an "interested person" thing. Meaning, the person who is interested in you (or even his/her own image while in your company) will try to walk a path of success which is more narrow (one channel of communication).

Last edited: