Making a difference | INFJ Forum

Making a difference

Timmaigh!

Sep 14, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Do you ever dream/fantasise about it? Making "a difference" in this life, in a positive way indeed. Like protecting the weak, saving others lives or preventing them from suffering... things like Oskar Schindler did, when he saved those Jews...
So your life gets meaning and you would actually get remembered as an inspiration, and not forgotten easily.

Maybe some of you already live such lives...

Definitely.

I imagine all (or at least most) INFJs would be like that though.

No, I'd rather not be remembered. I'd much rather help people help themselves, than protecting them. As for influencing people; I'd prefer people forming their own opinions etc., than to push my biased morals to others, despite my own opinion.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: 'we did it ourselves.'" ~Lao Tzu

Reactions: Radiantshadow
I've always thought about making a difference and it's very important to me. Where does one obtain purpose from besides through God or through other people? The point of living can't be for one's own self. The ways I've considered doing this are through having a job where I can help people (like for me this would be in the health department) or through donating vast sums of money to charity (which I fully intend on doing).

I do, all the time. And I agree with [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] quote. I like the idea of helping others help themselves; more of a 'behind the scenes' kind of thing.