Magical Gestures | INFJ Forum

Magical Gestures

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
Does anyone use gestures to control and direct their magic? For example, snapping fingers to lock a psychic shield into place?

How and why do you gesture, and for what magical purpose exactly?

Thank you!

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
;) what shape is your wand?
No snappy fingers here...or magic...Directed Energy...is that the same as magic essence?

Reactions: invisible
I know someone who randomly snaps their fingers a lot... maybe they are doing something like this? o.o

I tend to use a lot of arm movements as though I am spell-casting... I can't say that I am doing proper magic, but magical thinking goes along with it. I do this while listening to music to get into the flow of the song.

Not quite a gesture, but one thing I do is to build pressure in my head (like when you block your nose and mouth and make an exhale to un-pop your ears); I do this when I get unpleasant thoughts, and it clears my mind.

ohh.. im not sure if i understood this correctly.. i use smile and look at them straight. i rarely do these things at the same time.. im very avoidant specially with eye contact but when i badly needed something i smile and i get what i want.. its hard to explain but i've done this like many times to get huge discounts, get freebies, free rides and get jobs because of it.. why do i feel bad :(

Reactions: Sandie33
;) what shape is your wand?
No snappy fingers here...or magic...Directed Energy...is that the same as magic essence?

I think directed energy is a valid way of thinking about it (if you wanted to think about it that way).

20tr09u.jpg

My wand lived a former life as a stainless steel "swizzle stick". It was given to me as a love token by a gentleman and I'm very fond of it. My favourite things about it are its elegant design, the many imperfections of its surface, and the fact that it is almost completely unbreakable.

ohh.. im not sure if i understood this correctly.. i use smile and look at them straight. i rarely do these things at the same time.. im very avoidant specially with eye contact but when i badly needed something i smile and i get what i want.. its hard to explain but i've done this like many times to get huge discounts, get freebies, free rides and get jobs because of it.. why do i feel bad :(

Sounds like you have a bit of natural glamour.

Reactions: Wyote
Reactions: Elis and Sandie33
I think directed energy is a valid way of thinking about it (if you wanted to think about it that way).

20tr09u.jpg

My wand lived a former life as a stainless steel "swizzle stick". It was given to me as a love token by a gentleman and I'm very fond of it. My favourite things about it are its elegant design, the many imperfections of its surface, and the fact that it is almost completely unbreakable.
Perhaps I do think directed energy is magical in ways.

That is a beautiful wand, antique :) And a meaningful one by the sound.
Do you pick up on the energies of the life of your want? Do you have just the one or are you a collector?

You don't have to answer, I'm curious;)

Perhaps I do think directed energy is magical in ways.

That is a beautiful wand, antique :) And a meaningful one by the sound.
Do you pick up on the energies of the life of your want? Do you have just the one or are you a collector?

You don't have to answer, I'm curious;)

Thanks! And thanks for the curiosity, it's fun to talk about.

I don't pick up on the energies of the life of my wand. I don't think my wand could become impure or corrupt, because it came to me from a pure place, and because I only use it for myself and my own mind and inner world, never to interfere with anyone else.

I can't stand the idea of getting involved in worrying about the state of my wand's energy. That sounds like a high anxiety or perfectionistic type of activity and would be as annoying to me as worrying about whether a kitchen knife has good energy.

I basically think that the wand has a stable and impenetrable core that renews itself by shedding its fundamental energy, like a snake shedding old skins. (Maybe that doesn't make sense.)

I think the wand can't do everything. I like to try it out to see if it will work on a problem, but I think that many things in magic I have to do manually, getting involved in the details of why I have the problem. But it faithfully pumps out energy for whatever purposes it is suited to, like casting circles. And sometimes I get it to do something new that I didn't know about before.

I'm not a collector of wands. The general purpose wand that I have is perfect to my humble uses. I can't imagine needing another one. The only time I would need another one is if this one would somehow get physically broken or lost. I hope that never happens, because I don't think I would ever find another wand as good as this one.

Reactions: Sandie33
Thanks! And thanks for the curiosity, it's fun to talk about.

I don't pick up on the energies of the life of my wand. I don't think my wand could become impure or corrupt, because it came to me from a pure place, and because I only use it for myself and my own mind and inner world, never to interfere with anyone else.

I can't stand the idea of getting involved in worrying about the state of my wand's energy. That sounds like a high anxiety or perfectionistic type of activity and would be as annoying to me as worrying about whether a kitchen knife has good energy.

I basically think that the wand has a stable and impenetrable core that renews itself by shedding its fundamental energy, like a snake shedding old skins. (Maybe that doesn't make sense.)

I think the wand can't do everything. I like to try it out to see if it will work on a problem, but I think that many things in magic I have to do manually, getting involved in the details of why I have the problem. But it faithfully pumps out energy for whatever purposes it is suited to, like casting circles. And sometimes I get it to do something new that I didn't know about before.

I'm not a collector of wands. The general purpose wand that I have is perfect to my humble uses. I can't imagine needing another one. The only time I would need another one is if this one would somehow get physically broken or lost. I hope that never happens, because I don't think I would ever find another wand as good as this one.
Thank you for your response:)

I had asked because I can pick up on energies of where things have been and often who it may have belonged to. Things like clothing jewelry, dishes, utensils, tools, pens, books, money, even a truck once, lol.

In my old office job a gal tested me with three pens. Two of the pens were hers and one was the managers. I didn't know which was who's, until I picked them up. I put hers on the desk together and handed her the managers pen. Onlookers were amazed I had gotten it right, she sat down in her chair when I handed her the pen and told her where she had gotten it from, lol.

like a snake shedding old skins. (Maybe that doesn't make sense.)
This does make sense ;-)