Results are only viewable after voting.

Pin

"Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart
Jun 26, 2017
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4, 3-8-7

President Macron of France meets new German Chancellor in Paris, marking the end of the Merkel era in Germany. This is a historic moment because both countries are members of the EU and I suspect that President Macron wants to take a stronger leadership role in the institution, maybe even serving as EU President in 2022. It has been said before.

What do you think?

Reactions: aeon
I voted...one can only hope.
Yaisse.gif

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Pin and Ren

He won’t be serving as EU President in 2022. Currently his sights are set on the French Presidential election.

But after that, who knows!

Reactions: Pin and aeon
The polls look really good for him right now.

https%3A%2F%2Fd6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net%2Fprod%2F3be24f70-93ab-11eb-87ff-2b40c6be24e9-standard.png

2022_French_presidential_election

I think he's got a strong chance of winning. His main opponent will be Valérie Pécresse I think (another centrist).

If Le Pen makes it to the second round, she'll get crushed like last time. Pécresse would be a tougher candidate to debate.

It boggles the mind how so many people would want to vote for Le Pen, really. But then again, it would suit Macron to have her in the second round, since he'd be almost sure to win.

Reactions: Pin
Reactions: Pin and aeon
Do you like Macron, Ian?

Overall, my sense of him is favorable in terms of holding the office he does, but I think that’s as much a function of what he’s done, particularly in response to COVID, versus the promise and neg-potential of someone like Éric Zemmour (who says things I agree with and things that agitate me in a 1:5 ratio).

I don’t like most of Macron’s policy positions, but given my own, I’m not sure who I would have resonance with. He is, after all, some cassoulet of a 21st-century neoliberal with social democrat seasoning, and I don’t find that particularly palatable.

And to be fair, I’m an American with a French girlfriend, and I have the French language skills of a toddler, so my perspective isn’t particularly well-informed. I’ve read a bit of Bernard-Henri Lévy, and I’ve enjoyed that.

By the way, I just ordered your book from the ‘zon.
Yaisse.gif

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Pin
He won’t be serving as EU President in 2022. Currently his sights are set on the French Presidential election.

But after that, who knows!
Macron assumes rotating EU presidency; I called it. I know an ENTJ when I see one.

Reactions: Ren