Lovefool? | INFJ Forum

Lovefool?

Jana

Searching...
Apr 18, 2009
MBTI
infj
Are you lovefool?
Neptunesguns' post at What are you listening reminded me of that question...
Do you do stupid things because of emotions?
I do, but I would not admit it except here, anonimusly...I try to keep "down on earth" mask in real life...I just feel too much exposed in contrary.

Ohhh yes, I have done some very stupid things in the name of love and emotions.

:\

Ohhh yes, I have done some very stupid things in the name of love and emotions.

Make that two of us.
I think I have gotten better as I get older at not being outrageously foolish but this is still the area in my life that I am most likely to look back on with regrets and go :frusty:

Live and learn!

Make that two of us.
I think I have gotten better as I get older at not being outrageously foolish but this is still the area in my life that I am most likely to look back on with regrets and go :frusty:

Live and learn!

Three. and agreed.

Make that two of us.

Live and learn!

But of Course!!!! :nod:

Hahahahahaha.:lol:...sigh... still do at times...Oh well. :eek:hwell:
That's life - and I'm gonna live it!!!!!

You caught me. Hopeless romantic here. Need to get my feet on the ground more often!

Absolutely! I don't like to remember the silly things I've done. Well that's love.

Absolutely! I don't like to remember the silly things I've done. Well that's love.
I keep a specific method available in my brain at all times to mentally repress any of those memories that ever resurface in my mind.

So I'm in. *wallbangs head*

In what way do you show you foolishness?
Maybe that repressed stories as example?

I do silly things... not bad silly things, embarassing silly things o.o xD. I tend to fall over a lot... or do something clumsy like knock a cup of tea over with my arm o_O xD. But we have a laugh about it ;D

, embarassing silly things o.o xD.

I do that giggle thing...that's embarassing...
Or I do favours even if I am not asked to do them. And I become overclingy, but not show that fact....I pretend to be cool...and I am for few minutes and then - boom...

In what way do you show you foolishness?
Maybe that repressed stories as example?
.....the feelings of incompetence, OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE, and OMG I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS BETTER is enough. I developed enough of 'well, it happens. SO WHAT' and 'At least I learned something.' and 'I'm glad I done this, probably.' to counter those, but.......still, remembering it is an exercise of self-masochism.

As per stories...not telling. Sorry.

1.....the feelings of incompetence,.still,
2. remembering it is an exercise of self-masochism.

3. As per stories...not telling. Sorry.

1. Yes, I know what are you telling...unfortunately:)
2. You nailed it, very precisely...
3. It's ok, I don't tell either, but I always think of myself as of very paranoid person in matter of private life:):)

Love and intimacy are basically the reason for my continued existence. When I look carefully at what truly motivates and drives me, it often (invariably?) comes down to love and finding someone to share everything with.

I have been in love with two women who have left me, consequently, I have done some, objectively, very stupid things. But they're all part of the learning process.
Just wait till the next girl sees me! :p

I don't think I do stupid things because of emotions anymore (However I have in the past), but I do feel like I have to struggle to not do stupid things because of emotions if that makes sense. I'm pretty much a hopeless romantic and I tend to lust after virtually every female friend I've ever had so I have to keep my emotions in check otherwise I wouldn't have any female friends, lol.

I used to be a hopeless romantic. I got myself into far too much poo from trying to compensate for how little I really do love in people by trying to appreciate their "potential" and giving that measurement a substantial weight in my attraction to them. I only really did this with those who I was already particualrly pre-diposed to being attracted to.. but who didn't really have what I was looking for. Still, this specific stretching shows the desperation in play. Valuing potential in this way is largely a no-no.

Are you lovefool?
Neptunesguns' post at What are you listening reminded me of that question...
Do you do stupid things because of emotions?
I do, but I would not admit it except here, anonimusly...I try to keep "down on earth" mask in real life...I just feel too much exposed in contrary.

I love love, but I am rarely the fool. For one ( and the most important reason is ) it hurts too much to be thrown around. A calm level head about love is important in having a healthy relationship.
The most stupid thing I have done when it comes to emotions is trying to avoid loosing my control... so I walk a way from the relationship. I still don't consider that to be "real" stupid...just good sense. I am not much of a fighter when it comes to love. I will work for it with all my heart, but love shouldn't make you loose yourself or hurt you. If so, then having a relationship with an enemy is no different.

Love is for fools. Why race to grab something that always slips through your fingers. It always seems to happen at the worst possible moments too.