Lost love | INFJ Forum

Lost love

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Anyone out there feel as if their love, or friendship, is lost for someone due to something they said? This would cover years of hiding something for their advantage, even though they are losing out by the day.

He stopped loving her today....................name of an old country music song I heard last night.

Reactions: invisible
No.

I counter and raise you two with the following question. Does love conquer love?

I know this is the place for it but I am bored and procrastinating right now. When I was younger for a while it seemed I would fall in love with every pretty girl I met or at least, I felt my heart. Having grown older and learned, I seem incapable of this. I sometimes wonder what it is I lost. I sometimes wonder if I would want it back if I ever found out what it is.

I think that real love though is stronger than a few words here and there.

Anyone out there feel as if their love, or friendship, is lost for someone due to something they said? This would cover years of hiding something for their advantage, even though they are losing out by the day.

He stopped loving her today....................name of an old country music song I heard last night.

Nope. I can't say I have.

Yes, when on our 20th wedding anniversary my husband told me that I didn't deserve a gift. That was when I knew that he didn't deserve me.

Reactions: invisible
No.

I counter and raise you two with the following question. Does love conquer love?

I know this is the place for it but I am bored and procrastinating right now. When I was younger for a while it seemed I would fall in love with every pretty girl I met or at least, I felt my heart. Having grown older and learned, I seem incapable of this. I sometimes wonder what it is I lost. I sometimes wonder if I would want it back if I ever found out what it is.

I think that real love though is stronger than a few words here and there.
I think now you search for what is beyond surface, you search
for something more stable and profound. You're not impressed easily by what is on the surface.

I don't share vulnerable moments and emotional issues with other people easily....I can talk about them in a general way but not specifically share those things that really hurt me. I had a long term relationship and one night I was feeling very vulnerable and shared some personal things that were going on that bothered me and hurt my feelings...small things, words, actions, deeds by other people that were hurtful to me...stuff I keep to myself most of the time. So I'm telling him all these heartfelt things and when I'm done, he looks at me and says "get off your pity pot". I never spoke with him again in such a way and closed my heart to him at that moment. I cannot think of him in any other fashion now but the way I felt when he trampled on me in my most vulnerable state.

a close friend of about 8 years informed me out of nowhere that i am passive-aggressive and manipulative, and in the next breath told me that he lies to me all the time about all sorts of things, so regularly that i must barely even know him. i thought yes, strange that we can talk for years and yet i barely know you. here is a hug and i wish you all the best, and now its time to say goodbye.

Reactions: just me
Yes, someone that i loved deeply once said something out of the blue that destroyed me i felt that she was waiting for the right moment to make that remark, since i shared a lot of my secrets with her, and i believe she knew me very well then... I was still stupidly in love after that, but, well, i don't know, i couldn't forget what she said, and after we broke up, i never talked to her again. I was conflicted after that though, took me years to recover.

I've been lucky with friends though, i mean, really lucky, i acted like a jerk, and i said some really stupid things to them. I don't know how they were able to forgive me after that.