Losing idealism | INFJ Forum

Losing idealism

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Mainly for NFs but anyone can answer.

What happens when you lose your idealism; when you realise that things are not happening the way you hoped they would. Do you lose all your idealism.

Sometimes, I become despondent or empty of drive, feeling, or motivation without the idealism or become too realistic or possibly pessimistic.

Do you ever feel lost without your idealism.

You don't lose the Ideal, you don't lose hope. You wake up every morning, looking out at the world, taking in every thing, the good, the bad, the grand, the minute the tree and forest and you tell yourself "It can be so much more." You go about your day with that at the forefront of your mind letting it influence all of your decisions and all of your thoughts. Because if you can't believe that, then you can't expect anyone else too.

Reactions: Gaze and myself
Mainly for NFs but anyone can answer.

What happens when you lose your idealism; when you realise that things are not happening the way you hoped they would. Do you lose all your idealism.

Sometimes, I become despondent or empty of drive, feeling, or motivation without the idealism or become too realistic or possibly pessimistic.

Do you ever feel lost without your idealism.

Sometimes thats exactly how I feel- despondent or empty of drive, feeling, or motivation without the idealism or become too realistic or possibly pessimistic.. This is a very painful and negative experience.

You don't lose the Ideal, you don't lose hope. You wake up every morning, looking out at the world, taking in every thing, the good, the bad, the grand, the minute the tree and forest and you tell yourself "It can be so much more." You go about your day with that at the forefront of your mind letting it influence all of your decisions and all of your thoughts. Because if you can't believe that, then you can't expect anyone else too.

And then I remember exactly this. Everything is what we make it and the possibilities are endless. I love looking at the stars, it always puts everything in perspective.
We dont see things as they are, we see things as we are. The only think we have power over is ourselves

Reactions: Gaze