Living in a ~75% Sensor World | INFJ Forum

Living in a ~75% Sensor World

Trent

Community Member
Nov 17, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
First and foremost my apologies. Last time, I expressed how I felt I offended some folks.

So, a few questions:
1. If I am a sensor then can I truly understand Ni or Ne from a clinical or psychological perspective?
2. How many dating sites are sensor based?
3. What else is sensor based in our culture, society?
4. We need Sensors :)

That's all. Just pondering.

f6ff04b658414ac184743745cbc489a2.jpg

Each person in this world brings forth their own unique gifts, regardless of MBTI. For a type so idealistic, you have to question if it is right to put life in a box. Remember the saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket?" Sensors are awesome, just as Intuitives are awesome.

Sriracha, I concur. I now have a good friend these days. He is an ISFJ :)
Honestly, your answer is a little frustrating as well.
My questions are legitimate and you did not directly answer them.
I'm just saying. Thank you none the less :)

Unrelated

I think I get along more with ISFJs, ISFPs, and ISTPs in the sensor group.

I don't think I would get along with an ISFP online. Our communication channel would be mostly blocked.

First and foremost my apologies. Last time, I expressed how I felt I offended some folks.

So, a few questions:
1. If I am a sensor then can I truly understand Ni or Ne from a clinical or psychological perspective?
2. How many dating sites are sensor based?
4. We need Sensors :)

That's all. Just pondering.

View attachment 26160

My thoughts:

1. My observation of my ISFJ and ESTJ friends are that while they don't seem to have an easy grasp of Ni, they do use Ne quite a bit which makes them quite fun, playful and creative. Similarly the SPs I know don't seem to have as great an understanding of Ne but do display use of Ni from time to time. My ISTP husband can be very creative and imagine innovative solutions with Ni. He just doesn't do it all day like I do. So I think sensors have some awareness and understanding of the intuition function that is in their top 4 functions. But they likely feel that their sensor function has more importance.

2. Not sure for dating sites as I don't use them.

3. I think schooling for youngsters is mostly sensor based.

4. Is 4 a question or a statement? Yes, of course we need sensors. Imagine how La la land society would be if everyone was an intuitive. Lol :laugh:

My thoughts:

3. I think schooling for youngsters is mostly sensor based.

I have to agree with this ... normal public school setting. My sons are INTx and ENFP. The INTx is in a gifted program and the ENFP just took a test to see if he qualified for it. (Gifted not necessarily meaning they are smarter than other kids: it means they have the ability to think abstractly and have extreme intelligence when it comes to conflict-resolution. Their minds just process everything differently from others.)

I have to agree with this ... normal public school setting. My sons are INTx and ENFP. The INTx is in a gifted program and the ENFP just took a test to see if he qualified for it. (Gifted not necessarily meaning they are smarter than other kids: it means they have the ability to think abstractly and have extreme intelligence when it comes to conflict-resolution. Their minds just process everything differently from others.)

Right. You have to define what "smart" is. Some people think it means knowing details like dates in history and what they represent. I personally think it means building something for a particular task that may have never been built before. Or improving on an idea within minutes of first being informed of it.

Right. You have to define what "smart" is. Some people think it means knowing details like dates in history and what they represent. I personally think it means building something for a particular task that may have never been built before. Or improving on an idea within minutes of first being informed of it.

Intuitives definitely tend to be the innovators of society. My ENFP does not lack confidence in bringing his ideas forth, my INTx would be the first to test if it could work through being articulate to near perfection (or testing other ways it could work) ... a sensor would organize data and see the product through to fruition. It's not that a sensor's mind cannot think outside the box, our conflict-resolution skills tend to be in other areas of life.

As a few teachers have explained to me, they identify the kids who are bit quirky and don't quite fit in with the rest of the group. This is usually their first indication they belong in a different program.

Reactions: Elegant Winter
Intuitives definitely tend to be the innovators of society. My ENFP does not lack confidence in bringing his ideas forth, my INTx would be the first to test if it could work through being articulate to near perfection (or testing other ways it could work) ... a sensor would organize data and see the product through to fruition. It's not that a sensor's mind cannot think outside the box, our conflict-resolution skills tend to be in other areas of life.

As a few teachers have explained to me, they identify the kids who are bit quirky and don't quite fit in with the rest of the group. This is usually their first indication they belong in a different program.

ISFJs sound like excellent moma's Sriracha :)

Yes. I have an understanding, either if it is through direct experience (Ni tertiary input) and observing other intuitives.

Much activities that require sensorial input also require at least some awareness to put that in perspective and master it. Much brainstorming, pep talks and speeches haves little meaning if you lack the awareness between the way you walk and the way you talk.