Living Alone Stir Crazy

Altruistic Muse

Community Member
Apr 6, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4?
Hi guys, long time no see.... As usual. Anyway, quick on as I'm currently developing carpal tunnel from touch screen overuse. I am recently married, prior to which I lived with parents. My husband works offshore often, usually four weeks out of eight, but he was given a lot of time off around the wedding. He is now away for the first time since we got married. Which has led to days of me psychoanalysing my entire personality. Because I really don't like living alone!!! I get very bored and sad not being able to talk to anyone. It makes me grumpy! I have actually been reconsidering my infj status, which fits in every way, but I'm wondering if I can actually be an introvert if I'm not good alone for long periods! I'm fine for a day or so, I really enjoy it. But after this, no way. Am I strange?!!!!

I know I am an introvert but that I need people when I need them.

Being an introvert is more about how one utilizes their brain in integrating thinking and emotions. It does not mean we don't need to be around people and enjoy stimulating thought and conversation.
I really enjoy being around people for limited amounts of time. Then I need to unload and clear their energies from me by being alone. I think INFJs literally soak people up like a sponge. That's why we're so good at reading people and can respond to them so easily. It's one of the things we're good at - and as such - is a gift. There's nothing sadder in the whole wide world than someone not being able to use their gift. Yes?
So get out and mingle...either in person or online. Volunteer somewhere in your community. You'll meet some nice compassionate people. :D

Thank you, I thought I was going mad!! That's exactly it though, I feel sad. Makes sense if it's because I'm not doing what I'm good at :). It's ok, I'm starting my nursing placement tomorrow, so I should have PLENTY of interaction for the next while :). But thanks so much for your advice! [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] xxx

Reactions: Kgal