• am waking up to #5
  • know #6
  • have a good grip on #7
  • am near clueless on #8
  • know #9 (and was hard-won, too)
  • am waking up to #10

cheers,
Ian

I LOVE Dr Phil. Thank you for posting. (No sarcasm, I swear!)

Reactions: aeon
Try to live by #9. Try to be #1. These have the most value to me until I can give this more thought.

By being specific in defining your goal, the choices you make along the way will be more goal-directed. You will recognize which behaviors and choices support your goals — and which do not. You will know when you are heading toward your goal, and when you are off track.

Be bold enough to reach for what will truly fill you up, without being unrealistic. Once you have the strength and resolve enough to believe that you deserve what it is that you want, then and only then will you be bold enough to step up and claim it. Remember that if you don't, someone else will.
Working towards this slowly but surely :)

I really liked this, thanks for sharing.
I love 8. It's something that I really need to work on though.

Number 1 is a sort of ongoing thing I think, there's always new things about life to be learnt.

Reactions: aeon
I feel like my dad has told me most of these and he's a psycho with a million addictions who lives with his mom at the age of 53. But you know, I guess generalized advice works.

With the possible exception of #9, this all seems to be very stereotypical ENTJ advice.

thanks man needed this haha

With the possible exception of #9, this all seems to be very stereotypical ENTJ advice.
+1. Some are more towards EXTJ too.

Not that it decreases the value. I think some of it are great advices.

Some nice things to live by and make a habit of.

4 is 1 I need to take control over recently.

Doubtless, Dr Phil has some significant insights, but I find his psychology is too canned and cheesy to be able to take it seriously:

easy_cheese.jpg
cheez_whiz.t_200.jpg