[INFJ] - Life is totally a bummer when you can't do stuff, man. | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Life is totally a bummer when you can't do stuff, man.

dudemanbro

Community Member
Aug 30, 2012
MBTI
INFJ IEI-Ni
Enneagram
4w5 sp/sx
Hello you crazy fucks <3

So, like you probably did, I joined this site because I am completely insane during some moments of life.....with some occasional lucid periods.

I live with my parents and can sense that my last year of high school will be difficult. My father is an ENTP (not typed, my guess) who complains about small things, he has been in something of a midlife crisis for the last ten years. As you can guess, I've been trying to help him because I feel like I know the answers, but he doesn't understand me. He's more comfortable being miserable. He's so smart yet he works like a mule. My mom is an ET (extraterrestrial extroverted thinker), and most likely a judger. She is a hard worker who suffers from chronic un-relaxation, she is a strong woman. My sister is an ENFP (not typed, my guess). An unorganized artist who sees the beauty in others but made shitty friends, which is unfortunate for her, but I am there for her.

I've taught myself to be motivated, so that I can work on tedious things non-stop until they are done, and I'm happy I've been able to do this. However, I should have finished grade 12 last year and am 7 credits behind. Those credits were lost because I dropped out for a semester during financial troubles, where I felt like my family needed me, but in the end I just ended up sitting on my ass unable to help. So in my eyes I'm just a person who wants to help, while in my family's eyes I am a lazy privileged brat with wasted potential, which may be true. I am seen as dangerous because I reject Christianity. Now, there aren't that many things in the "holy" Bible that I disagree with (well except half of the old testament), yet my family thinks I am devoted to science and reject spirituality. I don't though! In fact I find myself more in touch than them, though I don't show it as much as they do. I'm pretty sure I offended my mum once when I told her my opinion on the book of Revelations (Apocalypse). I told her it felt like John the prophet was taking high doses of psychedelics and using his intuition to predict the future. That got a bad reaction. So basically this kind of stuff has brought me to depression during my early years. I realize that I need to toughen up in order to survive, to pass highschool. I have to teach myself to work on a project until it's done. Wanna hear something that I find funny in retrospect? I'll tell you anyways. One time I was so depressed I lay in bed for something like a week, just drinking water and trying to sleep my life away. Plus side is, I went into ketosis and lost quite a bit of weight, I feel lighter now. Downside is I lost some muscle mass, but I've grown much more physically powerful since then. Lifting, running, and biking daily has helped with that.

Here, let me tell you even more about myself. I am deeply interested in music, I DJ in the bedroom (and occasional school dances). I have been absolutely fascinated by astronomy since I knew what outer space was (the universe is just ego-fracturingly, pants-shittingly HUGE, man). Other areas of interest are psychology, anthropology, psychedelic experience and the "numinous," humanities, mathematics (number theory especially), physics, quantum (even though I truly understand >1% of what I read on the topic, and Stephen Hawking is so goddamn cerebral it can make my skin crawl, but I love it anyways). As a kid I was really into Lego and books. Lots of books. Writing has been a weak point however (I'm simply too much of a perfectionist and day-dreamy to write essays). I'm warm on the inside and cold on the outside. I'm sure you can relate with many of the things I have pointed out here.

Fuckin MISUNDERSTANDINGS MAN. That's what really gets to me. It seems that despite my true self deep inside, my family has a completely different opinion on me. I guess INFJs really do have a poor idea of how others see them. Plus side is, I can freak out my buddies sometimes because I know exactly how they feel before even they can. Feels weird, man.

So, my question truly is: what the FUCK am I supposed to do with the remainder of my insignificant life? I've gotten over the fact that my life has absolutely no meaning and that I will die and be forgotten no matter how greatly I go down in history. I don't even need that to feel happy, all I need is a woman who understands me, a large bag of cannabis, and sweet crunchy tunes. No, I don't sport dreads and talk like that. Very few people in my life know that I even know about that kind of stuff, I'm stealthy.

Now that I've spilled out my life story, tell me about yourselves, you weirdos. I love stories.

There's another thing I must do... I must quench my thirst for adventure. Seriously, it's been way too long since I've done anything worth retelling. It doesn't help that my father is apathetic as fuck and my mum is overbearing and protective to the point that it hurts. Worst part is she doesn't even realize it.

Sorry for the unorganized post. For a J-type I'm not so organized. I often have that feeling that I am actually INFP, (un)fortunately I know better. ;)

Hahaha love the screen name and the welcome. Although I am a good decade older than you we are probably at equal maturity levels. Welcome.

As far as stories about myself...nah. I'm stealthy too. I'm sure some people where will post up tho

... my father is apathetic as fuck and my mum is overbearing and protective to the point that it hurts. Worst part is she doesn't even realize it.

I relate manbro, though I am not an INFJ.

I passed highschool on time by just a hair due to ~life problems~. Some of your experiences sound similar to mine. You will find your way and things will get better.

I sense a lot of nervous energy from you and that you are feeling the stagnation in your life. I think you should change your legal name to Dude Manbro. Adventure #1. Welcome to the forums.

I love your username and I love this post. And now I want to watch The Big Lebowski.

280sw007883.gif

Haha, I appreciate the warm welcome. You guys seem like a pretty down-to-earth bunch, I do like you and some of the threads I've been reading over the past month have been helpful and heart-warming to read. This psychology stuff is just SO interesting! Of course, I am approaching my 2-week interest expiry date soon, and it's the truly interesting things that manage to taste good AND not make me sick after expiry... if you know what I mean. :)

OKAY so I've thought about it and spoke with people a bit and learned more about the functions, especially Ti Te Ne Fi and Si. This weekend I realized how truly clumbsy and out of touch with my body and the physical world I am haha. I had a nice Si experience where I met this girl up north by my cottage. So we cuddle under the celestial bodies and kept each other warm, body heat and such, like they did 10000 years ago ya know. And she started doing these light little kissy things wish eventually was touching and kissing and all that. Needless to say she was a good kisser. Funny thing is whenever this happens, I always feel like I'm not really there, I get lost inside my inner world....I love that. Sharing good vibes and thinking about the universe and the stars above and all that. Plus our full moon makes things look really trippy at night. :D

I'm now almost certain that my mum is actually an ISTJ, it makes perfect sense. I thought she was E because of how direct and honest she is, but she's humble and spends time alone reading and such, and the description of duty fulfiller fits perfectly. My father is an ENTP who's stuck in an existential rut, he has a beautiful mind but doesn't want to improve himself. :( My sister is an ESFJ and can take care of herself with peers, a little manipulative to many but can be manipulated easily by those smarter than her, heheh. I tried to get my parents to do the test but none of them have time... not that it matters. I know you can't type others but I trust my judgement this time around. The puzzle fits.

Further, I am almost certain my mother's father is an ESTP. The guy is crazy workaholic. Swearing and brutally honest, direct and know how to get shit done lol. He's a construction worker and refuses to die. Has had cancer, stroke, heart attack, the whole wrap, but still gets up at 4 AM and works every day, it's his hobby!

Okay so now that I've learned where I stand, I realize I don't have it so bad. I'm happy I have good genes, because it makes up for my feminine personality and almost total lack of Si. I think I should someday hire a person to hold my hand when I cross the street so I don't daydream my way into getting hit by a car (I've been very close to death because of daydreaming, luckily always coming out unscathed but I can't depend on that).

Stay safe you INFs :p

Last edited: