Life is Meant to Be Enjoyed | INFJ Forum

Life is Meant to Be Enjoyed

Life is a giant classroom with many activity stations to explore, enjoy, and learn from.

Reactions: Bellosome and Rcs6r
[MENTION=4361]Elis[/MENTION]

[video=youtube;EmgObsqE95Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmgObsqE95Q[/video]

I think enjoying it is a symptom of living it right.

[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION]
Haha, yeah I get that. Based off of that, looking back, I think I am more Se-inclined than Ti-inclined though, at least growing up.

There's too many incompatible beliefs about what life is meant to be to conclude it's meant to be about any specific thing.

Some people believe it's meant to teach us things.
Some people believe it's meant to be enjoyed.
Some people believe there is no meaning except what we assign it.
Some people believe it's meant to convert the rest of the world to their beliefs by point-of-sword.

...they all find evidence that they're correct.

I personally believe we are strong AI inside of a simulation coded by a civilization that started 20 million years before us.

From a foundational perspective, life is only meant to survive. Sometimes not even that though. Look at the fruit fly. Whether or not one enjoys their life is irrelevant to this directive.
Do you think the wolf enjoy its life? Does a mouse?
So if we move past the evolutionary and into the physiological, were we created to enjoy life? Looking at the world, even if there is some magical god in the sky, enjoyment seems to be on a low list of things we are supposed to do.
So the question really becomes, do YOU want to enjoy your life? If so, why arent you?

Reactions: Bellosome
Life generally, yes. Though maybe joyous creation would be closer to my feelings than 'enjoyment' in and of itself. I could enjoy doing terrible things but that doesn't make it holy.

This life? I don't know. I think it's meant to be hard. I don't think we give ourselves enough genuine credit for taking on such a task.

Reactions: Solongo
Life is what you make it. :)

Reactions: invisible
I don't think it's meant to be anything in particular. It just is, without embarrassment or apology. We are but actors thrown on stage without a script.

Yes it is. Even though we have different approach of it, everybody has directly or indirectly happiness and the enjoyment of life as main goal.
I want a new car/job/relationship/house/etc.. Why? Because I think it/they will make me happy.

Life is mean to be enjoyed, means you can do whatever you want with your life in order to enjoy it :D

True ... life should be enjoyed!

And all those who say that life can't be enjoyed, due to all the problems one encounters in his lifetime than I can always say that without issues, there is no appreciation for the smaller and grander beauties.

From a foundational perspective, life is only meant to survive. Sometimes not even that though. Look at the fruit fly. Whether or not one enjoys their life is irrelevant to this directive.
Do you think the wolf enjoy its life? Does a mouse?
So if we move past the evolutionary and into the physiological, were we created to enjoy life? Looking at the world, even if there is some magical god in the sky, enjoyment seems to be on a low list of things we are supposed to do.
So the question really becomes, do YOU want to enjoy your life? If so, why arent you?

Sure, foundational perspective is to survive. I could also argue that evolutionary speaking, enjoyment is better. To enjoy something you must have awareness. I could argue the wolf and mouse lack that.

Sure, foundational perspective is to survive. I could also argue that evolutionary speaking, enjoyment is better. To enjoy something you must have awareness. I could argue the wolf and mouse lack that.
Are you saying that life can only be life if it is aware?

Everyone is searching for two things…everything else is secondary IMO.
Love.
Acceptance.

You all can figure it out.