Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
http://www.people.com/article/leonard-nimoy-dead-hollywood-reacts

trek_073_by_dave_daring-d6k2zn9.jpg

Leonard-leonard-nimoy-17314437-1280-800.jpg

Last edited:
Star Trek is the first TV show that my parents let me stay up late for. It was always, "If you want to stay up late you can but this is what we are watching. " At the time I did not understand the big deal.

So many thoughts were guided by the stories told on the program. So naturally in some ways I feel as if I knew Lenord Nemoy in some way though in reality thats not true. He through his talent touched my life and its odd to think about why I would be sad about someones death whom I never knew but, it is sad.

More though time does not wait, pause or reverse for anyone.

I never grew up watching the First Star Trek with Shatner and Nimoy but I've seen Nimoy on STNextGen. He was very committed to the role of Spock. I think he played the role convincingly and without apologies. I think one of his biggest contributions to the Sci-fi world is the representation of pure characters such as Spock who represented the best of logic while also showing potential cons of blindly applying a purely logical approach to human communication, just as Deanna Troi showed the other extreme in the blind dependence on emotion in making decisions. Spock represented the best and worst of the use of logical thinking in human communication. Nimoy was clearly more than Spock, but it's the way he'll likely be remembered the most. He seemed to be a great person as well.

[video=youtube;RrdF3bXupF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrdF3bXupF0[/video]

Watced the original series about 9 yrs. old. Wept like a baby. Will miss ya, Spocko!!
:m033:

spocko.jpg

What a beloved, esteemed and credited man and actor.

Besides my love for Spock, I will remember Leonard as a part of my favorite episode of The Simpsons, "Marge vs. the Monorail".

Let's marvel at the people in the clip below.

Leonard Nimoy playing himself.

Phil Hartman (RIP) playing the sleazy Monorail guy.

Written by Conan O'Brien.

[video=youtube;JjTv_bJRwf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTv_bJRwf4[/video]

Rest in Peace, Leonard Nimoy.

I find it interesting that I am still thinking about this. In someways its kind of like a piece of what made the dream of a world where humans were finally able to make it into the stars is gone. Like the dream is less likely now. Odd.

Aww, this is so sad. :( Rest in peace Spock <3

There is a theroy that the universe and or multiverse are endless in terms of size and in terms of time. All things existing at once and that it is only time that allows us to see it as more than one big blob of stuff. All time exists simultaneously, the beginning and the end all parts of the same thing.
If true, no one ever really dies. Our consciousness simply pass theirs on the river of time. But given freedom from the the bodies that currently bind us, we will always be able to go back an visit just as they will be able to proceed foward and meet us.

10922524_10153117905838827_9182421548693774819_n.jpg

*sniff*

Reactions: j654dgj7
RIP Civilization IV narrator :(