[INFJ] - Learning styles? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Learning styles?

Jul 9, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
What is everyone's learning style (auditory, visual, kinesthetic, social, solitary, combo, etc.)? Do you think there is any relation between our cognitive functions and our preferred learning style?

Personally, I'm a solitary visual learner (reading, more specifically).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Visual, reading (same as you [MENTION=13955]JenniferSoldner[/MENTION] )

I'm: Read/Write

I think it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation with MBTI. I tend to lean towards the idea that learning styles are unique, and vary regardless of personality type...but it would be interesting to see if this is incorrect!

#1 I'd say Auditory. I listen a hell of a lot better than I pay attention to whatever it is I'm reading. Reasons why I cannot for the life of me listen to music or tv while reading. Huh, that's interesting. I didn't even think of that till I wrote it out lol.
Visual maybe secondary. And this one is interesting because I'm not always paying attention to what I'm looking at. It's something I draw back on, as in, 'ok, I saw her do this, how'd she do it.' Then I'll remember and do it myself if not exactly how I saw it done. Monkey see monkey do I suppose.

There are supposed to be two different types of visual learners: visual (images) and visual print (reading). Growing up, I was both. Hearing and seeing things definitely reinforces the information. However, without effort it's easier for me to learn and remember with combination of visual, reading. However, the delivery of the information by the person presenting it also affects learning. When I'm reading, I have to imagine what is said, or else it doesn't click, but when I do get a mental visual, it's difficult to forget it.

I am definitely kin esthetic learner probably followed by visual and then auditory. I have to really hone my hearing when i am trying to learn through auditory perception. My partner solely learns from auditory and i find it fascinating; maybe that explains why he has a big ear? lol

But i do think it affects our cognition and even better is when we realize how we learn best; then it kind of makes sense why we learn certain things with difficulty while others come easy so we don't blame ourselves or think something is wrong with us intellectually. I do think this is a very important factor missing in our education systems because one size does not fit all and this awareness can bring out the excellence in children and their unique expressions.

I also prefer solitary learning, with a combination of visual (spatial) and verbal (linguistic) styles.

Maybe there is a relation bet. introversion/extroversion and the solitary/social learning environment preference.
While with the other learning styles (spatial vs. auditory vs. linguistic vs. kinesthetic), I'm not too sure.
I'm kinda with [MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION] in that it seems to be unique to every learner regardless of type,
as the thread already shows quite a variation.