Learning disorders | INFJ Forum

Learning disorders

Anyone has learning disorders? I have one and it's called dyscalculia

Wondering if I'm the only INFJ who has one...

I struggled a lot with math in school. I usually got the answers right somehow, but how I got there was either 'wrong', very inefficient or a complete mystery. :sweatsmile:
Also, I never 'connected' with numbers. They were just dead, cold symbols that didn't appeal to me at all.

I read somewhere that the INFJ brain is always searching for novel ways of solving problems, and does not like to be told how to find the answer. That can probably look and feel like a learning disability, but in reality it's just a very uncommon way of learning. :grin:

I struggled a lot with math in school. I usually got the answers right somehow, but how I got there was either 'wrong', very inefficient or a complete mystery. :sweatsmile:
Also, I never 'connected' with numbers. They were just dead, cold symbols that didn't appeal to me at all.

I read somewhere that the INFJ brain is always searching for novel ways of solving problems, and does not like to be told how to find the answer. That can probably look and feel like a learning disability, but in reality it's just a very uncommon way of learning. :grin:

SO relatable about math!

I don't understand math either, it's somewhat hard for me. I've wondered sometimes could I've dyscalculia, but probably not because I need to do different calculations at work at times.

Maybe @ruji can teach you how to stick them with a bone

I hate maths with a passion, always have and always will. I always struggled with it and still do to this day but I don't think it's dyscalculia my brain just can't fathom why x is 20 or why y is 25.6797lnfwnfwfn :expressionless:

But the strange thing was I was really good in physics! My physics teacher just couldn't understand how I got a B in physics and a D in maths :tearsofjoy:

This dyscalculia is interesting, or math aversion in general. Do you guys have personal theories as you why it happens?

I don't have such disorders, but I wonder if the fact it looks complicated at first glance may play a part. In my case, I've noticed a few times that when something looks complicated, our attitude can change slightly before we even give it real attention. And the opposite, when something looks simple, sometimes we go with such speed and confidence that we get tricked.

Once dropped a class in college where the old fart teaching only accepted the math if it was only done one particular way otherwise it was always gone and left a review at the end of the semester that it was a waste of money ect. Come the fallowing semester one of my instructors ends up taking the same class and complains of the same problem lol. A couple of semester later I think that class got cut out altogether when the college decided to cut courses for budgeting reasons. Lesson of the whole story if the math works out regardless does it really matter how one got there instead of forced conformity. The other college I used to go to lost their accreditation for their nursing program due to the same toxic crap.

Not really, for me, no matter what I do, whether memorize formulas or do things that help me remember them, they never stick to my brain. As if there's no container for math unlike arts or english, which fills the container easily.

That's how it is for me.