Leak suggests U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision | INFJ Forum

Leak suggests U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeon

Amoureux des Chatons
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 28, 2009
The North
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
947 sx/sp
Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/le...-majority-set-overturn-roe-v-wade-2022-05-03/

Politico:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

-------

I’m not surprised. Trump made it very clear what he would do if elected. America voted for this to happen, or alternatively, didn’t vote so as to prevent it—if you want to look at it that way.

It hasn’t happened yet, and may not happen.

y1UGquQ.gif

We Live in Interesting Times,
Ian

Reactions: slant and Elder
Meh. If people want to live in clown world conservative states why not let em. World War 3 didn't pan out, why not have Civil War 2.

I am honestly happy for this as that could have been me never mind the millions of others who could have been hacked up into bits only to be sold off to big pharma. Will never forget when I first came across the statistics of the totals during the 80s and 90s that were well over a million a year for two decades. Finally the end of the holocaust of the unborn as millions of Gen X , Millennials, as well Gen Y never got to exist because of this.

Meh. If people want to live in clown world conservative states why not let em.

Make no mistake, should this come to pass, fetal heartbeat legislation will be brought forth as federal legislation.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Elder and Wyote
I am honestly happy for this as that could have been me never mind the millions of others who could have been hacked up into bits only to be sold off to big pharma. Will never forget when I first came across the statistics of the totals during the 80s and 90s that were well over a million a year for two decades. Finally the end of the holocaust of the unborn as millions of Gen X , Millennials, as well Gen Y never got to exist because of this.

If they had been born, the labor market would be even more dismal today. :p

In any event, should it come to be overturned, it won’t end abortion—it will only bring into sharp focus the class disparity in healthcare access—women of means will go on with little change in their lives, whereas the underclass will...find a way, as they always do.

edit: those who support such an overturn have more of a desire for authoritarianism than I ever have, or ever will.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Elder
If they had been born, the labor market would be even more dismal today. :p

In any event, should it come to be overturned, it won’t end abortion—it will only bring into sharp focus the class disparity in healthcare access—women of means will go on with little change in their lives, whereas the underclass will...find a way, as they always do.

edit: those who support such an overturn have more of a desire for authoritarianism than I ever have, or ever will.

Cheers,
Ian

Not really as they were "made up for" with mass immigration mainly for the second and third world. The same goes for Europe especially when some middle eastern nation gets reduced to rubble so the billionaires can get more wage slaves on the cheap.

Reactions: Misty
Fuck every right-winged clown who is happy for this and year claims the left and liberals are fascists taking away rights. FUCK OFF. You are blind. You are the sheep. You are taking away your own rights via the right-winged conservative religious state.

Human rights are at stake. This isn't a casual debate, but of course, people it doesn't directly affect (except for fantasy "what if" scenarios and perhaps people who got someone else pregnant) are the first to weigh in.

I don't know a lot about this nor do I have a particular position.

What I do think is that sex is very serious and dangerous. I detest the hookup culture that treats sex as something very casual. There are consequences.

I am not saying that 18th century sexual repression was any better and it caused it's own problems and neuroses. But what we are seeing today is not great either. I'm not sure that the invention of contraception pill was such a good thing for society.

Reading around online and people are bring up points regarding the mid terms and who this later could be used for vax mandates never mind the loss of privacy protection but that said people really shouldn't sleep around like they do these days especially unprotected hence the explosive numbers of STDs right up until covid. As for hook up culture it only really servers the top 10% or 20% of the population while massively contributing to the loneliness epidemic for those under the age of 40 never mind further worsening the mental health crises large numbers of Millennials and Gen Y are experiencing.

What comes around eventually goes around and issues like this further highlight that we are living in an mouse utopia.

Reactions: Misty and philostam
I admittedly should have known better than to think a reasonable discussion could be had, especially given I wasn’t clear as to my intent. I’m sorry for not thinking this through.

Ian

edit: thread now locked

Reactions: Misty and just me
Status
Not open for further replies.