Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
image.jpg

Do you agree or disagree with this photos explanation of law? I found it on fb but I want to get some opposing views and not just a circle jerk.

This is also a (pug) thread.

Last edited:
If there were no laws then anybody could claim that the property you say is yours is now theirs and there would be no rules to say otherwise.

If there were no laws then anybody could claim that the property you say is yours is now theirs and there would be no rules to say otherwise.

Perhaps so, and thank you for contributing. But you haven't really addressed the OP, which is disheartening since you are post #2 in this thread.

Perhaps so, and thank you for contributing. But you haven't really addressed the OP, which is disheartening since you are post #2 in this thread.

Sorry, didn't mean to dishearten you, although that seems like a bit of a strong reaction. I'm not sure what it is you are wanting to hear but I just wrote what first came to mind when I read the image.

If you want something more in depth, then I can only tell you that this definition of law and government is very subjective and narrow-minded. You can certainly choose to look at it that way if you have an anarchist bent. You could re-write the whole thing from a different point of view, such as:

If you pay your taxes, the police will be paid to help protect your property, so that if somebody enters your property without permission they will be arrested, or if somebody tries to club you or shoot you they will be arrested and this would be considered the Rule of Law.

Obviously this is also subjective as this is also not always what happens.

I think shit posted on FB will usually be simple and inaccurate. Anti-government sentiment is usually just the ranting of people who feel marginalized with little cause. Society has rules. If they want to live where there aren't any rules or protection, I'm sure there are some war torn or poverty stricken areas where their "govumment leaves me and muh stuffs alone" would work.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I want to get some opposing views.

I disagree with the photo; it's only focusing on negative points that are completely subjective, and painting the government as a boogeyman.

Also, I read up a little on Mr. Abbey. He was mad at the government for the destruction of the southwestern American landscape. He was very idealistic.

Well it's true... like a surgeon cutting open a person's stomach and messing with their guts is true. It's not the whole story though.