Law of Attraction and no longer desiring something | INFJ Forum

Law of Attraction and no longer desiring something

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I have found that whenever I try to use the Law of Attraction to get something, I rarely get that thing. Desire seems to be a problem in acquiring something, at least for me. However, when I give up or no longer desire that thing, it comes to me without any effort. Is this some cruel trick of the universe or am I just using the Law of Detachment unconsciously and things then work themselves out?

Reactions: Will
I have found that whenever I try to use the Law of Attraction to get something, I rarely get that thing. Desire seems to be a problem in acquiring something, at least for me. However, when I give up or no longer desire that thing, it comes to me without any effort. Is this some cruel trick of the universe or am I just using the Law of Detachment unconsciously and things then work themselves out?

The law of attraction isn't just about getting what you want, when you want it. It's bigger than that. It's difficult for me to put this into words, so bear with me while I try and explain.

Now, you are trying to attract love but you are getting the opposite effect. This tells me (and the Universe is telling you) that you are not ready for the real thing. Atleast not yet. You still have more work to do on yourself. Which means you probably need to clear out all of the negativity floating around inside before you can make room for anything positive to be let in.

You think you aren't getting what you want, but the reality of it is that you are getting exactly what you need at that time. You have to look at these failed relationships as lessons. Take a step back and objectively look at the situation. What did you learn about yourself through this experience? What can you improve on in the future? Take responsibility for yourself and the part you played in all of it. And you need to be honest with yourself when you do this or it won't work and you will fall into the same pattern over and over again.

Once it clicks and you start to make those positive changes within, everything will gradually start to fall into place. And before you know it, you will realize that the law of attraction was most definitely working for you the whole time. It was just your ego that was preventing you from seeing the bigger picture.

I hope this kind of makes sense. Like I said, it was difficult for me to put into words.

The Law of Attraction continues to work in my life but I don't just "wish" for something and get it the next day. Let's say a goal of mine is to become financially independent. It isn't just going to happen overnight. In my experience, opportunities begin to present themselves which serve as very small stepping stones for me to get where I want to be.

The law of attraction isn't just about getting what you want, when you want it. It's bigger than that. It's difficult for me to put this into words, so bear with me while I try and explain.

Now, you are trying to attract love but you are getting the opposite effect. This tells me (and the Universe is telling you) that you are not ready for the real thing. Atleast not yet. You still have more work to do on yourself. Which means you probably need to clear out all of the negativity floating around inside before you can make room for anything positive to be let in.

You think you aren't getting what you want, but the reality of it is that you are getting exactly what you need at that time. You have to look at these failed relationships as lessons. Take a step back and objectively look at the situation. What did you learn about yourself through this experience? What can you improve on in the future? Take responsibility for yourself and the part you played in all of it. And you need to be honest with yourself when you do this or it won't work and you will fall into the same pattern over and over again.

Once it clicks and you start to make those positive changes within, everything will gradually start to fall into place. And before you know it, you will realize that the law of attraction was most definitely working for you the whole time. It was just your ego that was preventing you from seeing the bigger picture.

I hope this kind of makes sense. Like I said, it was difficult for me to put into words.

It's not just in relationships, though. I find the same thing happening when I apply for a job, or when I want more money, etc. Once I no longer want those things, they manifest. It's strange but I think this is what works for me.

It's not just in relationships, though. I find the same thing happening when I apply for a job, or when I want more money, etc. Once I no longer want those things, they manifest. It's strange but I think this is what works for me.

Maybe it's because you're a brooding pessimist who selectively remembers that which verifies her pessimism.

Desiring something can get in the way.

Did you know that in Kyuudou - the Japanese way of the bow - students often practice on a target that is only about 7 feet away and they are almost guaranteed to hit the center? Do you know why they do that? It is because the desire to hit targets is irrelevant and gets in the way. If they develop the correct form they will hit a target whether it is 7 feet away or 100 feet away so when they train they don't worry about hitting the target. The training makes them naturally hit it regardless.

[MENTION=11526]Artemisia[/MENTION] - I think the law of attraction is ineffective. It sounds more like murphy's law to me. You can't will things into your life like that. You might as well read tarot cards or your horoscope. You can put in the work to get them and they might come to you, as [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] said. Maybe not desiring something any longer comes across as confidence to the outside world and the things you wanted come to you because you earned them in some way?