Just watched 2nd Hobbit movie | INFJ Forum

Just watched 2nd Hobbit movie

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
So I just watched it. I have to say its really cool when movies make you think and give you the ability to care however slightly about the people you see on the screen. The movie reminded me of what we are fighting in this world. Evil. But when I say evil I do not mean the religious form of evil. I mean evil as in the opposite of life. Evil being an inversion and opposite of "live". In this universe life is so unlikely, kind of like a hobbit standing against a great force that wishes to snuff it out. The hobbit is life, Sauron non-life. Through the books and movie, a hobbit always finds a way. The hobbit the most unlikely of characters pushes through all of the crud falling, and makes it to the end. Life always finds a way. I never really saw this when reading the books. It was always good against evil etc...

Anyway what is more surprising is that almost in the middle of this movie I realized something that I have been working at for a very long time. Its not really new, I have been talking about it here on these forums and in discussions I have had through my life. The entire coalesced thought kind of just dropped on me. What if this life isnt the end after we move on? What if when we die we continue to live in consciousness but its the same crap different day? We are no closer to any answers, we still battle darkness perhaps on a different level. Its a never ending cycle with no rest and no way out? No God will save you comments please. That would serve just to disappoint me. Yeah, conscious forever in a never ending battle between dark and light for eternity. I can kind of grasp eternity and I dont really like the thought much. Not at all.

Im adding to this. You see the characters lives playing out. Their lives are so much more interesting then my own. They seem so much more purposeful but I have to remember its a movie and movies are to the mind what concentrated sugar is to the body. You never see people just kicking back on a porch all day long in a movie. They are always doing something in the movie that's meaningful. But I also think, so when they are done fighting this great evil they will either be dead or they will win or they wont. No great thing happens at the end. The skies dont open up and say, "You win! Here are all the answers to the questions you have been asking." There isn't a point in time that anyone wins the answers to the questions.

I have been asking questions my whole life but in the end it probably just doesnt matter because they are questions that cant ever be answered. I need to just live my damn life and forget all the damn questions. But I am like a raccoon with its paw suck in a hole because I wont let go of the shinny object in it. Whats the answer here? :mcunni:

Last edited: