Job Interview Process | INFJ Forum

Job Interview Process

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, since the job market is more competitive, job candidates are flooded with so much information about how to prepare for interviews, what to do or not do, how to conduct themselves, what they should say or not say, their body language, etc. along with being told that their chances at landing the job are determined by these interviews, whether by email, phone, or in person. Job candidates are already nervous as it is, and we get a ton advice thrown at us telling us what companies are looking for and how you're evaluated and sometimes it's the most insignificant thing which can get you hired or fired. Some of the advice is quite cliche and not very effective, often doesn't make a difference in an interview.

My question is, what do you think of the job interview process? What are the common pros and conds of the current interview process? What would you suggest to interviewers to make the process better, fair, efficient, and effective?

My question is, what do you think of the job interview process?
There is no "The process". Rather processes made by people... Flawed people.

What are the common pros and cons of the current interview process?
Firstly, I'd like to point out that the people who interview us are just people.
I think the biggest problem is that those who interview aren't specialized in it, and they just go with their limited and faulty opinions.
I think another big problem is all the information about job interviews can be just as opinionated, and can be inappropriate for the type of job you are looking for.

What would you suggest to interviewers to make the process better, fair, efficient, and effective?
Have the entire team you would be working with to sit in on the interview. The compatibility of your personality and skills can be gauged more accurately this way.

Reactions: Gaze and jyrffw54
I think it is an okay process but by no means efficient.

Well it could be effiecient in some places but mostly it is not. There is no standard way besides the idea of getting your resume to the hiring manager and interviewing. Sometimes 'knowing a guy' can help.

To make it more efficient make sure all the KSA's are at the top of the resume. Also at the top list off everything the hiring manager wants to hear. Make sure you dont indicate your religion, sex, age, or any of those other discriminateable items are listed. That even includes if you volunteer at church, dont list it. Put your skills towards the top as well. Leave the bottom for that boring past job history info.

Reactions: Gaze
Disregard interviews altogether and be your own boss! Self employment is the way to be.

Disregard interviews altogether and be your own boss! Self employment is the way to be.

What business are you the owner of?

What business are you the owner of?

I am a freelance graphic and web designer; I also used to run my own landscaping "business." Unfortunately not all job types allow you to become your own boss, of course, so take my quote with a grain of salt.

Vocational Guidance Counsellor - Monty Python's Flying Circus

Love this:

Anchovy: Or banking, yes, yes, banking that's a man's life, isn't it? Banking, travel, excitement, adventure, thrills, decisions affecting people's lives.​