I've gotten through TRAINING HELL AT MC DONALDS! HOOORAYYY! | INFJ Forum

I've gotten through TRAINING HELL AT MC DONALDS! HOOORAYYY!

Seraffa

Community Member
Feb 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Of course going in, I knew that Micky D's, along with other fast-food restaurants, are the ABSOLUTE WORST work environment an INFJ could have....but I went in with specific reasons. One, being so damn poor and still unmarried after my separation, with no savings, I knew one of my jobs should be food-oriented to enable me to still keep eating. This was it, since strangely enough other fast food places I've tried ignite my 2 autoimmune illnesses and make me sick and weak. There's no soy flavoring and other shit that gets injected into the food; believe me, Mc D's is probably the highest quality food you can if you compare all the burger joints around.

My training hell ( and I'm glad I talked to a friend and counsellor about it) consisted of 3 managers that (until I was able to take the time to spot them in action) LIKE to get me in trouble if they can, as a new person. 2 won't even talk to me directly even if I'm standing there speaking to them! (those bitches.) They just turn away and walk away......(oh yes, we're so customer-service oriented and FRIENDLY HERE aren't we.) Although these people are both over the age of 18, it's easy to see that mentally, they are on the power-trips of someone thown back to sulky, bullying teenage schoolyard years. One has just turned 21 and going around bragging about the next place she's going to go binge drink, while the other is a middle-aged Amazonian dyke that backs her up and names "places with 20 different beers she should try." (Can you picture this in action where YOU work?The last is the scheduling manager who (admittedly, from another manager, tends to "greatly overexaggerate situations" and, IMHO, belongs in some Dickensonian novel as he appears to painfully walk leaning on a cane half the day, yet when feeling cheerful, puts the cane aside and zips around with toes turned out whenever he wants to. Oh, and also hums in an eerie, morbid way like FRED MUNSTER when busy bagging fries for drive-thru. That truly creeped me out when I first heard it, along with all the other noise and bruhaha coming from our frappe and latte machines, and demanding customers with their whining kids!

Oh well - FUCK ALL OF THEM, because if it wasn't for the advice of a friend whom I have who is a licensed RN, and another whom is my counselor, I wouldn't have been able to butt-kiss a whole 1 inch worth of shit off of staff, customer, and and managerial anuses the next day after I got a preposterous laundry- list of "things I had done and had only 1 week to correct", lest I be given "less hours to work there." I knew 75%of the crap made up about me was totally untrue, as the scheduling manager refused to go into detail about wrongs committed, so that I could make right the situations, and one even was a whopper of a lie about me "calling off from work" when I did no such thing at all. (which he refused to discuss as well.) Yesterday was a whole 8 hours of nothing but "kiss kiss I love you!" to every living being that crossed my path in that store (proverbial cockroaches and field mice included) ....exaggerated "did I do that wrong again? OH MY! i'm SORRRRRY!!!! just kick me, please...."
with a Ronald-like smile painted on my lips. "I'm not being paid just to serve food here" I told myself," i'm being paid to ACT!" .....and you know what?

THOSE IDIOTS FELL FOR IT!
THEY FELL FOR IT HOOK, LINE AND SINKER!!!!
THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF MY 'NEW, IMPROVED ATTITUDE!"

hahaha
I like the way you see the world. Your managers are losers, and I hope you end up somewhere better for you soon,

Wow, you better be sure no one from corporate sees this. But retail is more of where the infj shouldn't be. At least people need food to eat. What they don't need is the crap you have to sell them in retail. Yet, some people believe retail helps people.

Goddamn...nobody can say you don't do what you've got to do. Good luck. Here's to greener pastures down the line.

KevinSpaceyInAmericanBeautyDriveThruScene.jpg

...the outcome

Blessedly, the outcome of all this was, the next day (being exhausted from butt-kissing) I reverted to normal behavior and normal smiles on a different shift, and nobody even knew the difference. Plus, I learned that actually, the head store manager I first interviewed with, and the OWNERS of the store have a tenny bit of affection for me, as a middle-aged worker, or whatever.

Since I called the bluff of the Dickensonian scheduling manager ( "oh sir - then, if you say I would be dropped back by hours - please just go ahead and schedule me for part time starting next week, then") - I got awarded an early morning part time shift "so you can pick up other hours elsewhere - since we heard you had inquired at my nephew's store location about extra work.....and you don't get caught up in the fray here" said the head manager. (he wasn't mad at me, somehow, just slightly irritated that I had caught him while counting out the money drawers.)........

I have gotten myself out of the toxic hell of being in constant contact with 3 managers who hate me, plus get to still have a free burger or salad meal each day, and hey - our work pants are pretty spiffy too! (you can even use them as dress pants elsewhere, since there is no embroidery on the back butt pocket and they are cut in a flattering body shape!) Now, that's class - since the only job growth in my state the next 5 years is projected to be only in fast food, management, education, health care, transportation, and one other sectore I couldn't even dare to enter at the moment......

How I did it while taking orders while staring into customers mouths full of rotten, stumpy, blackened teeth and faces of acne, skin cancers, psoriasis and discolorations, as well as day after day slovenly clothes, stringy, yellowy-grey limp-haired ponytails from the women, no hint of makeup, and faced stubble from the men, I will never know. :m075: How I can still look at it without a hint of disgust, I still do not know!:m169:
All I know is...............in losing only one war, I HAVE WON THE BATTLE ! :m200:

hahaha
I like the way you see the world. Your managers are losers, and I hope you end up somewhere better for you soon,

Neuropedia, it may take a whole five years to get to the paradise you describe, but I do appreciate your good wishes, and hey - if it helps another person in this forum, well, then I feel so much the better *heart*

hahaha

Wow, you better be sure no one from corporate sees this. But retail is more of where the infj shouldn't be. At least people need food to eat. What they don't need is the crap you have to sell them in retail. Yet, some people believe retail helps people.

It may if you don't have close friends and need a job where you can chat to people while purchasing, stuff, Bickelz! .....I know the feel of INFJ loneliness on moving to a new location.:)

Goddamn...nobody can say you don't do what you've got to do. Good luck. Here's to greener pastures down the line.

KevinSpaceyInAmericanBeautyDriveThruScene.jpg

Oh yummy......more dinner, Sloe? *burppppp!!!!* yeah I'll take that! *drives thru......

I'm afraid I reccomend burning your place of work to the ground and killing your managers with an axe.

Granted, I have been employed in a place where I have no boss and I can sleep and play video-games for 12 bucks an hour for three years.

Still, INFJ's have upper limits for stress and that sounds like a place that will damage you.

Still, INFJ's have upper limits for stress and that sounds like a place that will damage you.

Everybody has upper limits on stress. We just don't lie for it like some American workers do.

1. I'm sorry you have to endure such a place with such "management."

2. Are you sure your "bosses" don't spit on the big Macs?

3. I haven't eaten at Micky D's in at least five years (see 2. above, not to mention the fat content).

4. Life will get better. Take notes and write a novel.

McDonalds food smells like chemical death. Blah.

[MENTION=3722]Seraffa[/MENTION] Just kill those folks with kindness, it generally works.

I'm guessing most managers just need the occasional obsequience which shows them that they are the boss.

hahaha

Agreed. I know it's hard but the best thing you can do is just keep telling yourself this and be as fake and cheerful as possible. I just got out of a customer service position last year where I had a loser power-tripping boss. He sexually harassed my friend and told her to "just get over it" a few days after her brother's death, called a black employee the n word, punched a metal cabinet so hard it left a dent, and put a hidden camera on me. After my friend rejected all of his advances he would insult her constantly. He was an arrogant, lazy, condescending dick in general to everyone except the people above him. People who sucked up to him got granted special privileges. He even crawled up the HR lady's ass so that when my friend reported him to her, all she did was offer my friend a fifth of Jack Daniels and told her to get over it. The president didn't care either and wanted nothing to do with it. I wish I were making this shit up. He put the camera on me because I kicked and punched a cabinet, but also because I started treating him the way he was treating me. A lot of other weird stuff was going on with other employees. It was just unreal.

My friend slapped them with a lawsuit and they were going to be investigated by the EEOC, so the president finally fired the HR lady and sold the company. I'm sure the boss will lose his job when the new company takes over, but my friend got offered a great position because she does her job well. I also have a much better job now.

So yeah just give them a shit-eating grin while you think about better times ahead and how they're pathetic, petty little nobodies who will never get anywhere with their attitudes.

I'm afraid I reccomend burning your place of work to the ground and killing your managers with an axe.

Granted, I have been employed in a place where I have no boss and I can sleep and play video-games for 12 bucks an hour for three years.

Oh Chessie.....I have always been labeled as a woman with a murderous heart towards her enemies....perhaps you could teach me new career skills by correspondance course so as to enable me not to go to prison for my balckest thoughts! (no, seriously!) Well, you know how it can be when you can't go back to school to retrain for something......you're stuck, basically.

1. I'm sorry you have to endure such a place with such "management."

2. Are you sure your "bosses" don't spit on the big Macs?

3. I haven't eaten at Micky D's in at least five years (see 2. above, not to mention the fat content).

4. Life will get better. Take notes and write a novel.

Oh golly, I am getting so many suggestions to write novels now. You all may wind up getting me started in a new career anyway! xxooxx

Well... I'm an INFJ and I did over 6 years in fast food. I worked for Tim Hortons (which is as huge Coffee/Donut chain up in Canada and I also worked for McDonald's. I have to say that my experience at McDonald's is the complete opposite of yours though one of the Tim Horton's I worked at was an absolute disaster. The woman who owned the store was going through an ugly divorce with her husband who owned another Tim Horton's not far away and they were splitting the two. So you can imagine that drama that went along there.

I hate having to put on a happy face, but in this day in age we should all be so thankful that somewhere like McDonald's even exists. Yeah, fast food sucks a big one but at the same time it seems to be the only field that is ALWAYS hiring.

Working under managers who have it out for you is difficult. I've been in that position. Sometimes it was all I could do not to just walk out the door and never look back. But in the end it ended up being worth it, and now I can say that more than half of those 6 years involved me being a supervisor. You get a totally different feel for how things are from that perspective.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that your experience started off on a bad note. It always seems like the new people are getting blamed for things and their trainer's aren't empathetic to their learning curve. Stay strong. Soon you'll be able to do that job with your eyes closed and you can just get in, do what you need to do and get out. Eventually they back off. Maybe in time things will get better as you get to know your co-workers more and form your own relationships with staff there that doesn't include managerial staff who should probably NOT be in positions of authority.

Fingers crossed!