items you've checked off in your bucket list? | INFJ Forum

items you've checked off in your bucket list?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Any items you've achieved or decided to check off on your bucket list? Why? Are there ones you removed or don't care about anymore?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and Reason
I don't have much on my bucket list, but something I'm working on right now on my bucket list is traveling to all the world's continents. I've gotten Europe and the Americas down, and I'm seeing if I can go on service trips to the continents I've missed.

Antarctica might be a little more difficult.

Reactions: Satori
I took off solving the Rubik's cube in under 30 seconds. My best is 31.88 seconds and I've been trying forever to shave off 2 more seconds but it's so frustrating that I just can't be bothered anymore. Makes me want to throw the cube across the room when it locks up or I make a mistake.

1) See the Grand Canyon
2) Visit the Louvre
3) Visit Colonial Williamsburg
4) Visit Canada
5) Learn 3 languages fluently
6) Visit Ireland (#1)
7) Write a short novel
8) Write a nonfiction book
9) Live for a year in another country
10) Study art history in Europe (pipe dream :D)
11) Become a professional photographer
12) Learn to dance latin ballroom
13) Take a road trip across the American countryside
14) Visit the Tower of London & London Bridge
15) See Buckingham Palace
16) Visit Prague
17) Get a PhD
18) Get a pet
19) Have a child
20) Learn to cook Italian
21) Learn ASL

This is a list from 2010. The ones crossed highlighted are no longer on the list or I don't take them as seriously because the chances of following through are slim because of finances or circumstances, the goals are not practical or likely, or lifestyle makes it almost impossible to complete.

Reactions: Artisan
When I think about it, I feel like I've lived a hundred lives in my 25 years here.

- Went to multiple schools growing up, some very posh, others very lower-middle-class
- I went to high school, changed majors from business to languages
- Played in two bands, and solo for a while. I play the piano, guitar and ukulele.
- I lived in Ireland for a year and a half
- Traveled all over the western world, including all of Europe (except Belgium) along with the US three times.
- Went to law school, dropped out after a year and a half
- Studied to become a teacher, stopped after six months
- Been diagnosed with a mental illness
- Worked at a zoo, a café, a grocery store, telemarking, Blockbuster, Apple and a gas station
- Going back to college this fall to study English literature and culture
- Lived in Barcelona, Cork, Aalborg, Falster, Berlin and soon Copenhagen.
- I've had girlfriends from the following countries: Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Iran and Lebanon
- I speak Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, English and a little Italian/Spanish. I can read a little Hebrew.
- I've gone to a film academy, where I directed 4 films. I went to CalArts and filmed there. I filmed a short film at the Warner Bros Studios lot.
- I've spoken in front of 500 people at a political assembly. It's still up there with the scariest things I've ever done, and I did it when I was 16!
- I've been in two long-term relationships, and lived with my last girlfriend. I've lived alone and with a bunch of people.
- I've written poetry that was published by a national newspaper
- Apparently I've seen over 1500 movies
- I've tried drugs and realized that they weren't for me
- I've done stand-up comedy. Way harder than it looks!
- I've written a book, multiple screenplays and spec scripts. Just to see if I could do it.
- I once won a $200 dollar prize in a music quiz!
- I challenge anyone to a Beatles trivia contest. I've read and watched everything about the lovable lads from Liverpool.
- My brain holds a terrified amount of movie/music trivia in general

For a 25 year old, I feel like I've done alright. There's always more to do, and there's way more to the story! I just can't remember everything.

Reactions: Satori and flower
Some travel destinations…
Twice to France.
Paris…the Loire Valley in France and the northern coastline.
Three times to Russia…now that was a “trip” in many senses of the word.
I’ve done some things that most people will never see in their entire lifetime, like heart surgery…so in that sense I feel lucky.
My list is too big to do…I just choose things from time to time and learn them or plan to go there and do it.
Even with meager monetary means, you can get to some pretty fantastic places.

Reactions: Wyote
Ive got most of them. The primary I have not though are.
Trip into space.
Trip to the base camp of Everest on two week backpacking / sight seeing trip.
Cloning and then hunting myself on some of the remote islands of Papa New Guinea.

Reactions: Tin Man
When I think about it, I feel like I've lived a hundred lives in my 25 years here.

- Went to multiple schools growing up, some very posh, others very lower-middle-class
- I went to high school, changed majors from business to languages
- Played in two bands, and solo for a while. I play the piano, guitar and ukulele.
- I lived in Ireland for a year and a half
- Traveled all over the western world, including all of Europe (except Belgium) along with the US three times.
- Went to law school, dropped out after a year and a half
- Studied to become a teacher, stopped after six months
- Been diagnosed with a mental illness
- Worked at a zoo, a café, a grocery store, telemarking, Blockbuster, Apple and a gas station
- Going back to college this fall to study English literature and culture
- Lived in Barcelona, Cork, Aalborg, Falster, Berlin and soon Copenhagen.
- I've had girlfriends from the following countries: Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Iran and Lebanon
- I speak Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, English and a little Italian/Spanish. I can read a little Hebrew.
- I've gone to a film academy, where I directed 4 films. I went to CalArts and filmed there. I filmed a short film at the Warner Bros Studios lot.
- I've spoken in front of 500 people at a political assembly. It's still up there with the scariest things I've ever done, and I did it when I was 16!
- I've been in two long-term relationships, and lived with my last girlfriend. I've lived alone and with a bunch of people.
- I've written poetry that was published by a national newspaper
- Apparently I've seen over 1500 movies
- I've tried drugs and realized that they weren't for me
- I've done stand-up comedy. Way harder than it looks!
- I've written a book, multiple screenplays and spec scripts. Just to see if I could do it.
- I once won a $200 dollar prize in a music quiz!
- I challenge anyone to a Beatles trivia contest. I've read and watched everything about the lovable lads from Liverpool.
- My brain holds a terrified amount of movie/music trivia in general

For a 25 year old, I feel like I've done alright. There's always more to do, and there's way more to the story! I just can't remember everything.

Pretty intense list. What was it like to live in Ireland for over a year? Always curious about it.

i always wanted to be a bartender and work in a bookstore, and i did those things. i wanted to get an unrestricted driving license also and i have got that now. i have often thought about doing a phd in literature, and im still not sure, but maybe i would rather not do it after all. anyway, it wouldnt be in the near future, so i can keep thinking about it.

The closest thing to being on one was traveling abroad and Switzerland and I got that. To have a happy fantasy/vision, not a pipe dream, while I have my last moments of consciousness -- I hope I can check that one off when the time comes... I think I will. To make a dying person happy.:)

Last edited:
I don't really have a bucket list. There are only a few things I really want to do in life. Live in Japan for a year or so, have a career that I enjoy, is sustainable and allows me to work in time frame that suits me; finish a novel (started a few, but never get to the end).

There's a lot of goals I've ticked off, but probably the biggest of those were to become physically and mentally healthy. Not exactly the sort of achievement you can brag about, but it's something I'm very proud to have done.

I am somewhat superstitious. I fear if I do all of the things on my bucket list that I will actually kick said bucket, so I keep adding things.

Reactions: just me
I don't really have a bucket list... So nothing to brush off, LOL. Just some basic stuff I guess: Get my dream job, learn many languages, be happily married someday, have a nice home and maybe few close friends too. Also see the world and experience new things as scuba diving, bungee jump, hiking and become a minimalist.

Pretty intense list. What was it like to live in Ireland for over a year? Always curious about it.

It was a great experience! It's such an ancient culture, and the people are very nice. A lot of people were working poor, but most never complain. They are hard workers, and sure love to party! Don't try to drink as much as an Irish man, you will black out! :)

Finally found a blue 27-2, "S" S/N with 6 1/2" barrel and original diamond magnas.

Awesome things I've done:

Helicopter rides
Cruises
Train rides
Subway
Monorail
Pontoon boat
Speed boat
Sail boat
Horseback riding
Concerts-
-Green Day (met them)
-Apocalyptica
-Blue Man Group
-Flobots (front row)
-Others I forget
Vegas Shows:
-David Copperfield
-Jubileee
-Les Miserables
-Others I forget
MANY plays both indoor and outdoor
Video Games Live (Met Tommy T.)
Traveled to majority of US
Been in caves and on mountain tops
Disney World, Epcot and Universal Studios
Tons of other shit, my life is awesome

Any items you've achieved or decided to check off on your bucket list? Why? Are there ones you removed or don't care about anymore?
Moved across country

Became even more of a smartass guru

Bought/own a proper glass whiskey decanter

Smoked a pipe

Doc holiday mustache

Reached a satisfactory conclusion about the meaning of life

Bought two tone wingtip shoes

There is much more but I'm having a good run of it :D

Life's been good to me so far.

Made one a few years ago, but lost it somewhere. *facepalm*.

- But for right now it’s taking a road trip out west and to the PNW.

- Go surfing

- Ride a motorcycle

- Visit Spain, Greenland, Iceland, Scandinavia, and Australia

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote